EXPERIENCE The 2024 Mitsubishi Shaft Experience

Going to ponder it a little longer, but after communicating with JB this morning, I am strongly leaning Diamana GT 50 in SR flex.

I think I’ve narrowed it down to two choices. Decision to be narrowed down after work. Any thoughts or input also appreciated.

Diamana WB 53 S - little bit lighter but nice and firm throughout so I can go after it as needed.

Diamana GT 50 S - just about the same weight and torque as the wb which fits what works for me. Little less firm through the middle and tip. Little more launch which I could always use.

The WB 53 is the other one I am still looking at also.

@Jman Can you help @Sox_Fan as you have some experience with these lines.

The WB 53 is the other one I am still looking at also.
Sox, what was put out by the fitting tool for you again, could you remind me? I looked, but I didn't see it.

And are you still playing that TZ Six? Like the flight you see?

Sox, what was put out by the fitting tool for you again, could you remind me? I looked, but I didn't see it.

And are you still playing that TZ Six? Like the flight you see?

Diamana WB, Tensei White and Tensei Orange. Thought it was a little odd because I answered that I had a mid ball flight and was good with it. Swing speed somewhere around low 90s.

I am still playing the TZ SIX 50 in M3 flex and have enjoyed the feel and performance of it. Have the Stealth Plus+ lofted up a tick to 9.75 with that shaft.

Diamana WB, Tensei White and Tensei Orange. Thought it was a little odd because I answered that I had a mid ball flight and was good with it. Swing speed somewhere around low 90s.

I am still playing the TZ SIX 50 in M3 flex and have enjoyed the feel and performance of it. Have the Stealth Plus+ lofted up a tick to 9.75 with that shaft.
Don't get hung up on the "low" classification of the ones it spit out for you. Take the White for example, yes, its a higher kick point shaft but it has a medium tip, so with the way the recommendations work, it believes that you will be able to stay in that mid window you stated based on the overall profile at the flex. The thing when it comes to golf shafts is so much focus is on that low-low, mid-low, mid-mid or whatever classification because its easiest to look at, but a closer look is always best.

Now, all that said, IME, the Tensei's are going to play more "there" or stable than what you are used to, much more, where the Diamana is going to be more similar to the feel of the TZ Six you currently have (emphasis on similar, not same). SO, of those three shafts, I would lean WB 53 in R or SR. BUUUUUUUUUUUUUT, I think I would consider actually going outside that and really think you would enjoy the GT in SR or R.

The knowledge on here is unmatched…

On a personal level, I am slow playing mine JUUUUUUST a bit, waiting on a couple of things to fall into place so I have a clear picture of what I'm going to go with.

I do know, historically, Tensei and I haven't gotten along all that well, so that limits that path. Coming from the LINQ Red I have now, the Tensei Red IS on the table though. Also considering going really light in the WB...

On a personal level, I am slow playing mine JUUUUUUST a bit, waiting on a couple of things to fall into place so I have a clear picture of what I'm going to go with.

I do know, historically, Tensei and I haven't gotten along all that well, so that limits that path. Coming from the LINQ Red I have now, the Tensei Red IS on the table though. Also considering going really light in the WB...
Light could be fun!

Is the Tensei line most comparable to the LINQ?

Don't get hung up on the "low" classification of the ones it spit out for you. Take the White for example, yes, its a higher kick point shaft but it has a medium tip, so with the way the recommendations work, it believes that you will be able to stay in that mid window you stated based on the overall profile at the flex. The thing when it comes to golf shafts is so much focus is on that low-low, mid-low, mid-mid or whatever classification because its easiest to look at, but a closer look is always best.

Now, all that said, IME, the Tensei's are going to play more "there" or stable than what you are used to, much more, where the Diamana is going to be more similar to the feel of the TZ Six you currently have (emphasis on similar, not same). SO, of those three shafts, I would lean WB 53 in R or SR. BUUUUUUUUUUUUUT, I think I would consider actually going outside that and really think you would enjoy the GT in SR or R.

Thank you for sharing your wealth of knowledge once again!

The GT 50 in SR is my leader in the clubhouse right now.

In regards to the Tensei shafts, I have tried an older version of the Blue in driver and FW and wasn't over the moon about the feel or what I got out of them. I did, however, like the Red (regular flex tipped 1") that I played in a TEE driver a few years back.

Will the Diamana putter shaft be the 108 or 138 gram version?

I have always played a heavy shaft in my driver and like a heavy swing weight as well. I really want to get into a launch monitor and try a few shaft combo's before I make a decision but I won't be home until Monday night.

I have always played a heavy shaft in my driver and like a heavy swing weight as well. I really want to get into a launch monitor and try a few shaft combo's before I make a decision but I won't be home until Monday night.
I look forward to your update posts! The community and Mitsubishi LOVE feedback and conversation!

Okay gents.
Orders must be turned into @GolferGal this coming Wednesday.

Driver Shaft order sent to GG.

Forum Name: Sox_Fan
Driver Shaft Choice: 5th Gen. Diamana GT 50 SR flex
What Driver it is going in: Taylor Made Stealth Plus+
Playing Length: 45.25"
Grip of Choice: First choice, if available, is the Lamkin UTX+ Standard with 2 extra wraps. If that grip is not available yet, either the Lamkin Crossline Full Cord Standard or Lamkin Gray UTX Standard, with no extra wraps for either of those grips.

Really looking forward to trying the new driver shaft.

Been thinking a lot about the putter shaft also. Does anybody know what size the hosel is on Odyssey short slant heads?

Really looking forward to trying the new driver shaft.

Been thinking a lot about the putter shaft also. Does anybody know what size the hosel is on Odyssey short slant heads?
So, the deal with the putter shaft is they have to be installed into inner-hosel putters, not over-hosel. For example, something like a CH/plumber has an inner hosel design.

So, the deal with the putter shaft is they have to be installed into inner-hosel putters, not over-hosel. For example, something like a CH/plumber has an inner hosel design.

Sounds like I may have to find a new, inexpensive putter to put the shaft in. All I have is two Odyssey mallets with short slants and 3 SeeMore blades.

Lots of talk in here about that WB 53, I bet one could get used to it but every time I try to go lighter bad bad things happen.

Back