Tour Event The 2024 Masters Contest and Thread Sponsored by Cobra Golf

Ok I watched the post round press conference and Scheffler has won me over. I never disliked him but wanted to see someone else win, but listening to him, the priorities are all in the right places and I’m impressed.

I was impressed. He did come across well. I too wasn’t rooting for him.

Hovland has withdrawn from RBC after his masters struggle

A few surprising stats from the toonamint:

Dustin Johnson only made 1 birdie in 2 rounds (he was 15/36 GIR).

Si Woo Kim hit 49 of 56 fairways and shot 5 over.

Rahm hit 51 of 72 greens and shot 9 over.

A few surprising stats from the toonamint:

Dustin Johnson only made 1 birdie in 2 rounds (he was 15/36 GIR).

Si Woo Kim hit 49 of 56 fairways and shot 5 over.

Rahm hit 51 of 72 greens and shot 9 over.
DJ looks like he hasn’t practiced in a couple years.

He played a couple of bad rounds after making the cut.
This is crazy talk
Is it crazy talk? 12 years without touching a club and the strides he made in just a few months is impressive.

AK vs TW in a charity match play? Maybe they can figure out this debacle in pro golf during the interim of playing.

TW collapsing in the last 2 rounds is a testament to his lack of stamina and physical decline. At some point, folks must realize the deterioration of this man's body and mind, but I applaud him for trying and will always cherish being able to watch him from the very beginning.

TW in the last year.

Genesis T-45
Masters W/D
Hero 18th out of 20.

Genesis W/D
Masters 60 +16
???

Is it crazy talk? 12 years without touching a club and the strides he made in just a few months is impressive.

AK vs TW in a charity match play? Maybe they can figure out this debacle in pro golf during the interim of playing.

TW collapsing in the last 2 rounds is a testament to his lack of stamina and physical decline. At some point, folks must realize the deterioration of this man's body and mind, but I applaud him for trying and will always cherish being able to watch him from the very beginning.

TW in the last year.

Genesis T-45
Masters W/D
Hero 18th out of 20.

Genesis W/D
Masters 60 +16
???
What about this weekend makes you think his mind is deteriorated? That seems like an unnecessary shot.

What about this weekend makes you think his mind is deteriorated? That seems like an unnecessary shot.
I wasn't trying to take a cheap shot but merely pointing out the obvious fact that the car wreck may have caused some mental trauma.

He mentally doesn't seem the same to me since the wreck. He looked totally exhausted also why was he sweating profusely all weekend. It wasn't that hot but yet quite windy. Also why is his face all puffy?

He doesn't look right.

I wasn't trying to take a cheap shot but merely pointing out the obvious fact that the car wreck may have caused some mental trauma.

He mentally doesn't seem the same to me since the wreck. He looked totally exhausted also why was he sweating profusely all weekend. It wasn't that hot but yet quite windy. Also why is his face all puffy?

He doesn't look right.
Tiger has sweated buckets forever. It doesn't need to be hot to sweat, especially depending what kind of meds/supplements he takes.

Chris Cass, Congratulations!

He doesn't look right.
Trying not to come off as a Tiger fanboy here but have you seen him do an interview? Does he seem mentally diminished? He might be a bit delusional to think he can win the Masters but he’s a super competitive guy and still thinks he can win. I don’t think he can but that’s besides the point.

Also, as others have mentioned Tiger has always sweated buckets.

Trying not to come off as a Tiger fanboy here but have you seen him do an interview? Does he seem mentally diminished? He might be a bit delusional to think he can win the Masters but he’s a super competitive guy and still thinks he can win. I don’t think he can but that’s besides the point.

Also, as others have mentioned Tiger has always sweated buckets.
But he hasn't looked so puffy. Something isn't right in addition to the golf game.

not sure if this will really get any views since it's been a few days, but...

Do you think that "Tiger Proofing" Augusta has diminished the back nine on Sunday? In the past you could sense something would happen on 13 and 15. Reachable by just about anyone who didn't go in the trees or something. And making 11 a 520 yard Par 4 is just silly. Many barely made it to the top of the hill and the majority just bailed out right and hoped to scramble. Only REAL chance at excitement is 16 when they use the Sunday 'Ace' Position.

This year, there were only FOUR eagles on 13, and ONE!!! on 15 for all four rounds.

Maybe to spice things up a bit, instead of moving tee boxes BACK every year, creep them forward as the week goes on. Sure- give them the full whack on Thursday/Friday, then move them up a bit on 'Moving Day' allowing players to really use their brains and create that risk/reward scenario. Then on Sunday move them up further into gettable range, circa 1994'ish. They HAVE added trees on the far side of 13, so overshooting on a right miss is trouble. 15 is basically straight away with trees left and right the further down the fairway you go, so you still have to hit it straight. Sure there will always be an outlier like Bubba Watson getting a ridiculous roll on 13 and flipping in a 6 or 7 Iron, but just about everyone can then go for it and create some excitement.

Back