The 2017-2018 NCAA Basketball thread

Wow...what is Arizona doing vs buffalo?down 17 with 3 min to go

Wow...what is Arizona doing vs buffalo?down 17 with 3 min to go
Yep, my bracket is hurting after them and taking a flyer on Miami winning a couple games.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I picked Arizona - my most hated rival - to win the title. Naturally, they go down in flames. THE JINX WORKED!!! lol

Wow about Buffalo dominating Arizona.

Survived Day 1. 12/16 and only lost Arizona as a Sweet 16 team, simply a flesh wound.

Onto Day 2!!

bye bye Wichita State

Another 4 seed down

They weren't kidding when they said this tournament was up for grabs

Meh another Sweet16 team lost in Wichita State.

If I can get New Mexico State to the Sweet16 that'll offset the Shockers...

17.3 million entries in ESPN's tourney challenge....347 perfect brackets left already lol

The final minutes of Marshall/Wichita state took 18 minutes and 26 seconds, the longest minute ever recorded in the NCAA tourney

Always like seeing Butler play well in the tournament

Wow if Charleston could make a free throw

Wow if Charleston could make a free throw

This has been a pathetic game on both sides. Neither team look like they belong in a tourney game.

But this game shows why I don't watch more basketball, it was almost over like 10 minutes ago, and yet here we are.

Oof missed call on that 3

Auburn got lucky with that no call on the 3 point shot. The way Charleston was shooting free throws down the stretch, it may not have mattered.

Auburn got lucky with that no call on the 3 point shot. The way Charleston was shooting free throws down the stretch, it may not have mattered.

A couple possessions before they had an absolutely BS call go against them... it all evened out I guess.

#1 overall VA in a game with UMBC at the half.

Let’s go UMBC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UMBC up 11 with the ball!

3" from the greatest basketball story ever told.......

https://www.indystar.com/story/spor...hayward-shot-butlers-run-final-four/70680056/

Somehow the greatest three weeks of my life as a sports fan and yet the biggest disappointment

I was at that Final Four and it was the most fun I've ever had at a basketball venue. The Butler fans, students were amazing the entire weekend and as a pseudo host it was a lot of fun to be there.

And, the article is wrong.... I don't think it was 3 inches... closer to 1 1/2" from where I was sitting which was 20 rows off the floor along the baseline.... needless to say... damn close for sure (shout out to my buddy who is director or some BS at WVU School of Business for taking me as his guest)

The final minutes of Marshall/Wichita state took 18 minutes and 26 seconds, the longest minute ever recorded in the NCAA tourney

How is that possible?? What's wrong with basketball... case in point... too many time outs... go back to having quarters in College basketball and reduce timeouts to only 30 second TOs 3 per half and only can call TO in last 2 minutes in a dead ball situation, no live ball TOs.

NIT tourney is trying the 4 quarter change and they are also doing other rule modifications during the tourney that are intriguing.... Offensive rebound the clock reset is only 20 seconds not 30... a couple others also, I can't recall as I'm typing

Suprised how well UMBC is rebounding with the size disadvantage. And just like that, they are up 16 with 11 and a half minutes left!

This would be an amazing upset, long way to go with 11 1/2 minutes

Back