Templet0n

washed...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
snow..
How is everything so cheap?

I thought it was a scam
I have ordered a few things and they have showed up.. My first purchase was a laser pointer that is freaking awesome.

I have heard mixed reviews of it. Some of the stuff is decent, others are really lightweight versions of what they are supposed to be. And likely stolen intellectual property for sure.

I am not going to use it.

How is everything so cheap?
Donald Trump GIF by fularious

My credit card companies won't approve charges to TEMU. They say it's to risky.

TEMU says to call my credit card company, and verbally tell them to allow the purchase.

Im going with the credit card company's decision.

Actually I only use my credit card at one place on line.

It's all Chinese factory direct knockoffs and they bypass the tariffs American importers pay.
Anything shipped directly from China under $800 per shipment is sent tariff free.

The $800 rule was initially meant for tourists returning home to alleviate the burden on US customs but now has been exploited by TEMU, Shein etc.

Just thought some would like to know how they operate and why it's so cheap.
Many products in our industry have a 42.9% tariff when imported from China they don't pay.

I know these companies are crazy popular and I'm definitely someone who likes a great deal.
Wish it was just fair competition for American brands.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

Last edited:
I recently made an order on it because they kept showing me deep discounts like 90% off. 😂 Half of the stuff was pretty good and useful (not great) and half the stuff was junk. Mostly dollar store type things, but there are some good and useful products for the prices for sure. There are a few websites/apps similar, but Temu seems to ship faster. The other similar websites/apps takes several weeks or months to receive. Not sure if I would buy more on Temu, but it is interesting to see what gadgets they have on there.

It's all Chinese factory direct knockoffs and they bypass the tariffs American importers pay.
Anything shipped directly from China under $800 per shipment is sent tariff free.

The $800 rule was initially meant for tourists returning home to alleviate the burden on US customs but now has been exploited by TEMU, Shein etc.

Just thought some would like to know how they operate and why it's so cheap.
Many products in our industry have a 42.9% tariff when imported from China they don't pay.

I know these companies are crazy popular and I'm definitely someone who likes a great deal.
Wish it was just fair competition for American brands.

I'll get off my soapbox now.
Damn, I didn’t realize that, that’s crazy.

I try not to support throw away, cheap, knock off items. Would rather put money in American made where I can.

I try not to support throw away, cheap, knock off items. Would rather put money in American made where I can.
Same but, if there is equal quality to be had. Which it can in spots. For 80% Les. Sorry, I will get the knock off..

I stay away from Temu as well. I would rather pay a bit more for most of those things and reward the people that designed them.

Same but, if there is equal quality to be had. Which it can in spots. For 80% Les. Sorry, I will get the knock off..
If equal quality I would agree. And a lot depends on the product type.

Me too.

I look at it the same way I do the online mattress' in a box. When we first got married, the Mrs and I paid an exorbitant amount for a mattress. It lasted some time, then had to warranty it, then it didnt last, etc.

So, went cheaper with a Purple mattress for a fraction of the cost, figured if it lasted half the time for 1/8th the cost, then who cares.

Me too.

I look at it the same way I do the online mattress' in a box. When we first got married, the Mrs and I paid an exorbitant amount for a mattress. It lasted some time, then had to warranty it, then it didnt last, etc.

So, went cheaper with a Purple mattress for a fraction of the cost, figured if it lasted half the time for 1/8th the cost, then who cares.
We have a purple.. they ain’t cheap no more. Lol

Back