TaylorMade SpeedSoft and SpeedSoft Ink Golf Balls

The price point and max initial velocity at sub 50 compression claims are intrigueging enough to give them a whirl. It'll be white or yellow for me though. My personal opinion is the inked ones are dumb, same as every other OEM's balls with busy patterns on them. To each their own though. Some will buy them for the colors and that's OK too.

If you’re going to be buying them anyway shouldn’t you get out in front of this and bring her a box home?
I did actually. Bought her a sleeve. And I expect to be well rewarded. 😆

1000060364.jpg

Interesting cut. Felt extremely soft at first and then feeling firmed up more than expected as it went through. Only got to tap a few pitches yesterday before life got in the way.

I may try to get some of these this weekend for my round Tuesday. Always looking for a ball that is easier to find for these old eyes. Thinking the red or blue ink ones.

I may try to get some of these this weekend for my round Tuesday. Always looking for a ball that is easier to find for these old eyes. Thinking the red or blue ink ones.
I grabbed the blue based on that. I like the green but I don't know how well I'd be able to spot it outdoors.

Not a fan of the look but love the price.

So to recap my experience with the Speed Softs yesterday. They are pretty similar to the Srixon Soft Feel... like they're soft, but they make an effort to feel like a real golf ball. This is compared to the SS and Duo Soft, which go all-out for softness and feel like marshmallows.

I liked how they putted. I'm a fan of the Soft Feels for putting, and this is just like it.

No comment about their ball speed or flight trajectory or anything. I'm in the bottom 5% of male swing speed, and I just do not see those differences between golf balls unless they're like Pro V1x level extreme.

The ink design didn't look as terrible as I thought on the course. It stands out from the other white balls pretty nicely. I just wish it was like a neon matte color, so I could identify my ball from 50 yards rather than 10 yards.

Last edited:
So to recap my experience with the Speed Softs yesterday. They are pretty similar to the Srixon Soft Feel... like they're soft, but they make an effort to feel like a real golf ball. This is compared to the SS and Duo Soft, which go all-out for softness and feel like marshmallows.

I liked how they putted. I'm a fan of the Soft Feels for putting, and this is just like it.

No comment about their ball speed or flight trajectory or anything. I'm in the bottom 5% of male swing speed, and I just do not see those differences between golf balls unless it's like Pro V1x level extreme.

The ink design didn't look as terrible as I thought on the course. It stands out from the other white balls pretty nicely. I just wish it was like a neon matte color, so I could identify my ball from 50 yards rather than 10 yards.

Thanks, for the review. What color ink did you play? I was thinking, TM might be after the SuperSoft or SoftFeel business. Looks like a good winter ball for me. It may stand out well in dormant grass.

1000060514.jpg

K, so I cracked open a brand new P Wedge. Fresh as can be. And hit it some.

1. They're VERY soft. Remember I'm not the market for that so it just felt soft for me. Which I actually usually do like, they just tend to have a flight that looks wrong to me.

2. No paint transfer to the club.

3. Hit it a LOT more with a non-fresh club, and again no transfer. Figured I'd surely got into the paint on the ball though. Should see some wear. The thing is, with the splatter paint, you can't really tell. It wouldn't jump out the same way as on something more uniform.

Had a long day of play and range and not sure I want to dot one up right now. Might wait to do it on quad later.

Last edited:
Interesting concept. It's a 2 piece ball so It's probably not for me But I will pick up a sleeve.
If it is similar to the Soft feel then it is 50/50. Even though I like lower compression balls I was never a huge fan of the soft feel.

View attachment 9247720

K, so I cracked open a brand new P Wedge. Fresh as can be. And hit it some.

1. They're VERY soft. Remember I'm not the market for that so it just felt soft for me. Which I actually usually do like, they just tend to have a flight that looks wrong to me.

2. No paint transfer to the club.

3. Hit it a LOT more with a non-fresh club, and again no transfer. Figured I'd surely got into the paint on the ball though. Should see some wear. The thing is, with the splatter paint, you can't really tell. It wouldn't jump out the same way as on something more uniform.

Had a long day of play and range and not sure I want to dot one up right now. Might wait to do it on quad later.
for the casual golfer used to buying rockflites, these seem great

IMG_4562.jpeg
Played a round with these today. I was looking for a ball that my old eyes could see better and these didn’t disappoint. Easy to find in fairway and rough. Felt great off the putter. Did not feel too soft at all. I’m not a big hitter so I really didn’t notice any distance issues. Pretty much what I’m used to. Guy I was playing with asked if they were new. He thought they were just dirty with all the black marks🤣
For the price I can’t complain

View attachment 9248208
Played a round with these today. I was looking for a ball that my old eyes could see better and these didn’t disappoint. Easy to find in fairway and rough. Felt great off the putter. Did not feel too soft at all. I’m not a big hitter so I really didn’t notice any distance issues. Pretty much what I’m used to. Guy I was playing with asked if they were new. He thought they were just dirty with all the black marks🤣
For the price I can’t complain
Nice! I put one in play today for a hole.

1000060877.jpg

And then hit a wedge approach later to compare to mine. I think they're pretty fun. I kind of like that the idea with the Ink is just to make them stand out and be fun.

The blue and pink are basically sold out around here. Everyone I talk to seems to enjoy them for what they are. So I think about this and wonder if the blue ones were say, on the Mizuno RB Max, how different the reception might be.

The blue and pink are basically sold out around here. Everyone I talk to seems to enjoy them for what they are. So I think about this and wonder if the blue ones were say, on the Mizuno RB Max, how different the reception might be.
Interesting thought on the RB Max. It’s hard to imagine what the reception would be like on Mizuno balls it’s already a niche ball with add a polarizing design choice and that cuts even deeper.

PASS..

I’m liking the reviews. Will give these a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The more soft balls the better, especially at this price point. I doubt it would dethrone Maxfli Softfli in overall performance though.

Also I doubt the ink style will make it more visible than a matte colored cover.

Of course the big guy that likes actual fun things they're brilliant.

Back