TaylorMade SpeedSoft and SpeedSoft Ink Golf Balls

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
Several weeks ago, TaylorMade brought out its latest and greatest in the new TP5/TP5x golf balls. Those balls target the player looking for the ultimate performance out of their golf ball. At $55 a dozen, it leans into more of the performance category than it does value. Enter the new SpeedSoft golf ball, which, according to TaylorMade, ushers in a new value performance segment.

SpeedSoft. It sounds like an oxymoron. Let's break it down to see how soft could equal fast.

TM24BAL-SpeedSoft-Ink-Family-9303-Powder-v1~W1200_H900_Mcrop_CZ1_P50-50.jpg

For the first time in company history, TaylorMade has produced a golf ball with a compression rating under 50. What makes the SpeedSoft special, and not just another low-compression golf ball, is that even with the soft core, it sits at the maximum limit for the USGA's initial velocity test, which is quite impressive. This is achieved thanks to PWRCORE technology, an extra large super low compression core that delivers exceptional speed and an incredible feel.

TaylorMade is confident that SpeedSoft will deliver impressive distance, feel, and spin around the greens. SpeedSoft is available in both yellow and white for $24.99.

TP5/TP5x both have a visual technology-packed option with Pix. Therefore, it seems fitting that SpeedSoft gets a similar treatment. This is SpeedSoft Ink.

SpeedSoft Ink uses TaylorMade's print technology to produce golf balls with different neon colors. SpeedSoft Ink will give golfers a unique-looking golf ball that is easier to see and identify.

SpeedSoft Ink has the same $24.99 price point and is available in Green, Blue, Pink, and Red Ink.

TM24BAL-TA568-N2747001-SpeedSoft-WHT-LFS-JPO-09874-V1~W1200_H900_Mcrop_CZ1_P50-50.jpg

TM24BAL-TA578-V9914501-SpeedSoft-INK-BLUE-OnCourse-JPO-00013-V1~W1200_H900_Mcrop_CZ1_P50-50.jpg

TM24BAL-TA578-V9910001-SpeedSoft-INK-GREEN-OnCourse-JPO-00198-V1~W1200_H900_Mcrop_CZ1_P50-50.jpg

I like them. If they had an option like that for the TP5x then id play the blue one

Well there's the ink. Lol

I actually think these will be popular by me. I guarantee when my wife sees the pink ones she'll want them (and the box stands out so it's only a matter of time), and I've seen some people out there with them already. They're definitely easy to spot and the price and feel are right. The core and initial velocity test is interesting. Should be fun.

1000060334.jpg

Last edited:
It'll be fun to find a few of these at the club this year.

Currently, the #1 ball found right near the edge of the woods but too far off the cart path for some members to care for is Supersoft. I wonder if SpeedSoft makes a dent in that off the fairway but not quite in the woods market. The ink version should be easy to see.

These look really cool!

I like that price for sure.

Initial velocity is an interesting thing to talk about. It's not something you really hear that often. I wonder how it translates functionally to speed and distance.

Would be interested in the white or yellow, but the ink pattern isnt doing it for me, and I typically like weird balls.

Taking dead aim at Supersoft?

They are interesting. For some reason when I look at them I see a volleyball.

These, are dumb. (the old cup style graphic ones)

WTF TM?

I will say the talking about about it being sub 50 and still hitting that max initial velocity mark is an interesting one. I’m not positive where that sits in the realm of things, but we’ve constantly been told soft is slow right?

It is one of the more dumb things I’ve seen in a while.
I put it a step below the cuban sandwich balls.

It is one of the more dumb things I’ve seen in a while.
IDK I've seen some pretty dumb designs on balls lately. From everyone.
This one is up there though.

IDK I've seen some pretty dumb designs on balls lately. From everyone.
This one is up there though.
Other wild designs are companies who have always done that like Volvik. This, this is terrible, and only TM could somehow get any semblance of a pass on it, blows my mind.

Other wild designs are companies who have always done that like Volvik. This, this is terrible, and only TM could somehow get any semblance of a pass on it, blows my mind.
Not getting a pass on it from me. It’s bad I’m just saying there is a lot of that so far in 2024.

Im a TM fan, but I am not giving them a pass on this one.

This design is just stupid, and does nothing to benefit a golfer.

@Jman and @War Eagle probably think it was created like the artist in here

Back