TaylorMade Qi10 Drivers

I’m gaming the Qi10 LS and it’s a wonderful club. Long and forgiving.

Hey with the 50% trade in bonus double trade in value do you pay tax on the full $600 or what balance is due after trade in? Thanks.

I got the Qi irons and
Happy Jim Carrey GIF

Buckle up.

It’s THP Review time.

IMG_6714.jpeg

Oh the Max. Interesting. Look forward to seeing how it shakes out for you.
We review what comes in, and the 10K story is their lead discussion point, so it makes the most sense right now.

It’ll be fun having this and the 430 Max 10K at the same time.

The max is fun

The max is fun
Im honestly excited to get to hit it at home and on the course compared to my swings with it at PGASS. A more freed up environment will be interesting to see.

We review what comes in, and the 10K story is their lead discussion point, so it makes the most sense right now.

It’ll be fun having this and the 430 Max 10K at the same time.
Yeah that will be a nice comparison to the 430. I look forward to reading your thoughts!

Yeah that will be a nice comparison to the 430. I look forward to reading your thoughts!
It’ll be pretty fun. I’m curious to experience the 10K aspect in a testing environment rather than a store.

Especially after learning more about it and discussing it with several club designers at the PGA Show (and that kick ass video THP did with Vosh too)

Very cool. I’d be really curious to see if you sense much draw bias in this max.
Something I’m interested to see as well. Also quite curious about where the spin rate comes in at.

Something I’m interested to see as well. Also quite curious about where the spin rate comes in at.
I’m a super low spin toe side miss guy, so I need these 10k type drivers to get my spin up, but the draw bias they tend to have makes me nervous.

Excited to read your thoughts on the 10k options.

I’m a super low spin toe side miss guy, so I need these 10k type drivers to get my spin up, but the draw bias they tend to have makes me nervous.

Excited to read your thoughts on the 10k options.
I can guarantee ill give that bias a workout for you, whether I want to or not, hahahaha

Work will begin today with the Max! Curious to see the initial data in a comfortable environment like my setup.

Its funny, the Max is just a really really large looking head at setup. I've always thought so when I hit it in stores, but man, if you handed it to me and asked me to guess the cc, I would think its bigger. I know the goal was indeed to maximize the footprint, and they achieved that.

At the same time, I have said it before and will again now, I think the entire Qi line of drivers LOOK really darn good. The finish is nice, I enjoy the blue on the face, and the sole is modern but still looks like a TM driver to me. Not to mention, I quite like the stock headcover, which surprised me.

I'm getting ready to put some swings on it, so, hopefully some initial thoughts this evening. I know the Max isn't the head that would technically fit my needs, but, its the one where the story sits, and that is the most exciting thing about ANY club release for me personally. Excited to dive into that more.

Not to mention, I quite like the stock headcover, which surprised me.
The special edition headcover is very good. I ended up buying one on eBay. It's black and has metallic Qi-10 lettering.
Hope you have fun with it tonight. Looking forward to hearing more.

Hey with the 50% trade in bonus double trade in value do you pay tax on the full $600 or what balance is due after trade in? Thanks.

I got the Qi irons and
Happy Jim Carrey GIF
You generally pay tax on the full value of the purchased item. Maybe different depending on state.

Its funny, the Max is just a really really large looking head at setup. I've always thought so when I hit it in stores, but man, if you handed it to me and asked me to guess the cc, I would think its bigger. I know the goal was indeed to maximize the footprint, and they achieved that.

At the same time, I have said it before and will again now, I think the entire Qi line of drivers LOOK really darn good. The finish is nice, I enjoy the blue on the face, and the sole is modern but still looks like a TM driver to me. Not to mention, I quite like the stock headcover, which surprised me.

I'm getting ready to put some swings on it, so, hopefully some initial thoughts this evening. I know the Max isn't the head that would technically fit my needs, but, its the one where the story sits, and that is the most exciting thing about ANY club release for me personally. Excited to dive into that more.
The visual size and shape difference between this one and its nearest in the model line is the most extreme to me. The other one you have on hand much less so imo.

Well, the getting to know you session was pretty much in line with what I saw when I hit it at PGA SS a couple of times.

In the 10.5, ball go high. Ball go really high. But even as expected as that is, and it is expected, that isn't the point of the review. Its about the overall presentation and performance, and there is a lot to digest there.

First off, it spins. I hit it a lot today and I think I saw 4-5 shots that were sub 3k. Again though, before someone jumps on that and tries to turn it into something it isn't, that is exactly what I expected heading into this review. With the 10k MOI claim and the general shaping of the Max head, the weighting to the perimeter means the CG is moved back, and for some of us, that means more spin.

Not only that, what I have seen so far is also a dip in both ball speed and clubhead speed. This is a big head, and for me, it swings as such, which I wholly anticipated. Bouncing back to my other drivers, speed comes up and spin goes down.

WITH THAT ALL SAID...

I feel like you can hit it anywhere on the face. THIS is the story here. THIS is what I wanted to see, first hand, in more than just a handful of swings in a store. I honest to goodness had to try HARD to turn the ball a lot, and I felt like I had to TRY to hit one off of the planet. That is pretty fun.

Is it a fit for me? No. Can I work with it and break down if it does what it claims? Hell yes I can. So far, this does just that, but, it definitely spins.

Back