TaylorMade Qi10 Drivers

Two rounds this week in quite breezy conditions with damp moist fairways and the QI showed what it a capable of doing. Even in the hands of an 83SS.
Round one, I call hi/low as with a two club wind, I tried to hit hi down wind and low into the wind. Had a pretty good swing that day. 11/14 FIR and average of 211.5.
Round two, where did my swing go, I think I was trying to steer it too much in the breezy conditions. I wasn’t swinging stellar, only hitting 8/14 FIR. Yet, still averaged 206.
Considering my normal winter/moist average last year was sub 195, I’m super impressed with a 10-15 yard improvement.

Qi-10 was a gem today. I absolutely love this setup. I’ve never had more confidence in driver I’m hitting it hard and very well.

So today was a sh1tty day … two consecutive funerals …

Had conversation , at start of week my driver, should be there Wednesday ..

Thursday no response , rang today , some confusion , delays at Tm with heaps of orders …

But got it ! Forgot what we ordered a month ago .. but have a Max in 10.5,
It going in the bag cold for Sundays game ……

Attachments

• IMG_3624.jpeg
    IMG_3624.jpeg
    59.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3625.jpeg
    IMG_3625.jpeg
    92.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3626.jpeg
    IMG_3626.jpeg
    62.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3627.jpeg
    IMG_3627.jpeg
    107.5 KB · Views: 5
Any slower 90-ish mph guys playing the Qi10 Max driver? If so what setup loft, shaft and flex did you go with?
What did you replace it with?

After my iron's session today, I went over to the golf store and hit some drivers.
I first hit a Ping 10K 12* with Orange AV Raw 55R (my gamer shaft) and then a Qi10 Max 12* with made for Ventus TR Blue 5R.

The best one I could muster with the Ping is the first pic. This was a good ball but the only one worth snapping a pic off. I kept fighting the low lefts or pull hooks with it. I mean on this shot pretty I got much ideal numbers, but I just didn't fine my way with it as easy as the TM today.

Fast forward to the Qi10 Max shots below and these were on rinse and repeat in terms of getting good shots to record numbers. Even my bad one at the end was a line ball. I just caught it funky on the head and it spun up to 3k.

Here are the shots. site was not cooperating when I pasted them in the first time.

Ping 10k shot
IMG_9995.jpeg

Qi 10 max shots
IMG_9996.jpeg
IMG_9997.jpeg
IMG_9998.jpeg
IMG_9999.jpegIMG_0001.jpeg
IMG_0002.jpeg

Qi-10 was a gem today. I absolutely love this setup. I’ve never had more confidence in driver I’m hitting it hard and very well.

I too am enjoying the Qi10. I don't know how to describe it other than it is the easiest driver I have ever played. It does inspire confidence!

Tough conditions today and the LS did great. Could control the flight into the wind well and with the conditions I only went after 2 but they were big.

This looks major league confusing
I think it's just that TM publishes what all of the settings do in combination with one another vs like most OEMS just saying whether its just + or - loft, or draw. etc.
I would love to see a similar chart with impacts on loft, lies, spin changes and faces angles for all of the oems.

It can be interesting contrast. Like Ping in theri std adapter setting is at its most upright lie angle. You make any change and it lowers the lie angle.
With the TM adapter, std loft is their flattest lie angle setting. You move the adapter and it makes it more upright.

I think it's just that TM publishes what all of the settings do in combination with one another vs like most OEMS just saying whether its just + or - loft, or draw. etc.
I would love to see a similar chart with impacts on loft, lies, spin changes and faces angles for all of the oems.

It can be interesting contrast. Like Ping in theri std adapter setting is at its most upright lie angle. You make any change and it lowers the lie angle.
With the TM adapter, std loft is their flattest lie angle setting. You move the adapter and it makes it more upright.
@erock9174 i just got the Qi10 irons. Was fitted 1* upright.
How would that impact the driver settings

@erock9174 i just got the Qi10 irons. Was fitted 1* upright.
How would that impact the driver settings
I’m not sure the question you are asking.
Driver swing and irons swing are drastically different. Irons you are usually trying to hit down on the ball. With driver up on the ball. Lie angle with driver is more of it looks right at address to me.

Hit the Qi Max driver today at the club demo. Loved it. I am rebuilding my swing but really thinking of buying it. The face seemed really forgiving.

So took my Max out on its first excursion.. l
Had it set @11.25 deg, played a tough championship course , so driving , premium.

Very interesting, results some rubbish , poor execution by me … lots of height which gave me smile , distance was approx where previous driver is …

Will readjust back to 10.5 .. and see what reveals itself.

Like what I see ,

Attachments

• IMG_3631.jpeg
    IMG_3631.jpeg
    167.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3630.jpeg
    IMG_3630.jpeg
    82 KB · Views: 5
Was a little sore this morning and my iron game was surprisingly off. Qi10 LS made up for it quite a bit. Pushed phone a bit but everything else was precision. Control with it has just been excellent the last couple rounds.

Any slower 90-ish mph guys playing the Qi10 Max driver? If so what setup loft, shaft and flex did you go with?
What did you replace it with?

My SS is around 88-90 and I put the standard Qi10 9* in the bag. Found one cheap on eBay and stuck a Lin-Q M40x white in it. Cut it to play 44”. The wind was ridiculous today so I can’t comment on distance but I hit 10/14 fairways. I’ve had better rounds with my BRNR but I hit a few today that had no business being as good as they were. The BRNR is good but if I’m off I might as well hit 3w. I only had one bad drive today, a pull into the water left of the fairway. That’s on me not the driver. It’s only been one round but it looks promising. I had confidence on the tee that I’ve not had in a long time. Even as good as the BRNR has been for me I wasn’t this confident with it.

2nd round with the Qi10 and im loving it. Im very happy i went with the standard model over the LS. The standard has been plenty low spin but very forgiving also. I still dont like the glossy crown but i can get over that

I dont model my game or club decisions based on what the pros use but i do find it interesting that scheffler, moriwkawa, and rory all went with the standard version over the LS. The LS put up really good numbers and was quicker but the spin was sooooo low and mishits would have been penalties on course

2nd round with the Qi10 and im loving it. Im very happy i went with the standard model over the LS. The standard has been plenty low spin but very forgiving also. I still dont like the glossy crown but i can get over that

I dont model my game or club decisions based on what the pros use but i do find it interesting that scheffler, moriwkawa, and rory all went with the standard version over the LS. The LS put up really good numbers and was quicker but the spin was sooooo low and mishits would have been penalties on course

Apparently they have the "dot" heads which are lower spin than the std heads, but not as low spin as the LS.

Apparently they have the "dot" heads which are lower spin than the std heads, but not as low spin as the LS.
oh yea thats true. i remember reading that. Even on fades the standard model hasn't gone over 2700 for me

I didn’t even know about the dot head. The standard dot would be wonderful.

every time i stop in the pga store the red designer series keeps calling my name.....if it was an LS head i would grab it so i'd at least have a standard and LS head

Back