TaylorMade Launches R11 Irons

I believe the Burner 2.0 was released in 2010.
If so that would make 4 iron sets and 3 drivers in 2011.
I am not sure, but I dont think that is at the top or as many as some others as well.

Adams might be up there, aren't they? I don't think these numbers are insane, but I personally love the number of options.

Adams might be up there, aren't they? I don't think these numbers are insane, but I personally love the number of options.

I think Adams is up there, Mizuno is certainly up there, as well as others. Release dates not being standard any more, many companies work with the 4-5 iron sets in a current line at any given time.

Not liking the red at all, but maybe the more I see them they'll start looking a little better to me.

So that's five iron sets for Taylormade for the 2011 season? Hummm.

I prefer companies to provide different iron sets as not everyone is the same. More of a choice right?

I think Adams is up there, Mizuno is certainly up there, as well as others. Release dates not being standard any more, many companies work with the 4-5 iron sets in a current line at any given time.

GREAT call on Mizuno.. While I don't feel like they offer as many drivers and woods, they have a crap ton of iron options every single year.

super sexy looking irons...love the idea that these fit in between the CB's and Burner 2.0's... nice move by TM

I really like the looks of these too.

I think it is very cool that the pictures and info on these irons has been released before TMC. When the participants that chose them start putting them to use, there will be no need for secrecy, and they can really get their impressions out for the public to consider. I know I sure went back and forth when making my decision.

Kevin

I believe the Burner 2.0 was released in 2010.
If so that would make 4 iron sets and 3 drivers in 2011.
I am not sure, but I dont think that is at the top or as many as some others as well.
I know a few like Mizuno released more than them
4-5 seems like the norm for a few of these companies with regards to iron sets in a given line.

I couldn't remember if 2.0's were this year or last.

I guess the only reason why it seems like Taylormade releases more is due to their strong marketing.

Happy to finally see these. I think the red would complement the red on an R11 driver or wood in the bag. JB overall better or worse than R9s? Big differences?

I'm really excited to see actual pictures of these irons and actually be able to talk about them! I will be playing this set of irons in the Morgan Cup. I was a little nervous about picking these irons without knowing exact specs or seeing them in real life, but hearing that they were very similar to the R9 irons sealed the deal for me, because I'm playing the R9 irons right now.

I'm really hoping that there is another box from TaylorMade at my door later this week with these irons in it!

I couldn't remember if 2.0's were this year or last.

I guess the only reason why it seems like Taylormade releases more is due to their strong marketing.

Yeah, dont get me wrong, they release a lot of equipment, but I also think as a company they get a bad wrap on it sometimes. Part of this is because they do not release together, and part of that is because of strong marketing.

Wow! Finally the real deal. Can't wait to see these in action and in the flesh at the Morgan Cup. I can't wait to hear some reactions as well especially from the guys that are playing from R9's to these.

would these still be considered a game improvement iron? i would have waited if i knew these were coming out cause i was on the fence between the CB and the 2.0 earlier this year. went with the 2.0 just hit them more solid but wanted something with a little more workability.

I think they have an outstanding looking topline. Is it as thin in person as it seems in the pictures?

I am undecided on the cavity. While nice, I think it is a step back from the R9 irons, which in my opinion were drop dead gorgeous. How do you like these in comparison to your Z-Star irons, JB?

Like the look, but will stick with the CG-16 irons.

Solid looking irons! I'm glad we will be able to actually show and talk about the irons when we start receiving them for TMC.

would these still be considered a game improvement iron? i would have waited if i knew these were coming out cause i was on the fence between the CB and the 2.0 earlier this year. went with the 2.0 just hit them more solid but wanted something with a little more workability.

They are pretty much right in between the CB and 2.0. I would definitely still consider them a GI iron.

I think they have an outstanding looking topline. Is it as thin in person as it seems in the pictures?

I am undecided on the cavity. While nice, I think it is a step back from the R9 irons, which in my opinion were drop dead gorgeous. How do you like these in comparison to your Z-Star irons, JB?

No, it is not that thin. Just like the R9 in my mind.
I like them quite a bit. I was a big fan of the R9 iron as I played it most of last year and these are a nice evolution from that.

I am a bit confused about placement in the range. We have the Burner 2.0 and the Tour preferred CBs. Having owned both I don't understand how these would fit in the middle? They might only offer a very small different in playability and seem like a pimped CB set to me!?

I would be hard pressed to give up my R9 irons but I'm glad they are building upon the previous model and not totally revamping like they have done in the past. Pretty cool looking iron.

man oh man do these look great! Nice initial review there JB...

I am a bit confused about placement in the range. We have the Burner 2.0 and the Tour preferred CBs. Having owned both I don't understand how these would fit in the middle? They might only offer a very small different in playability and seem like a pimped CB set to me!?

They arent. I think when you seem them in person, you might have a different feeling. Burner 2.0 has a wider sole and thicker topline. CB for a full cavity has a smaller sole and fairly thin topline. These fit right in between them to me and offer lofts that are closer to the 2.0s in the scoring irons.

They are pretty much right in between the CB and 2.0. I would definitely still consider them a GI iron.

No, it is not that thin. Just like the R9 in my mind.
I like them quite a bit. I was a big fan of the R9 iron as I played it most of last year and these are a nice evolution from that.

Me too man, I almost got them instead of my X-22s despite a horrible dispersion rating. They are, dare I say it, margarine-y.

Yeah, dont get me wrong, they release a lot of equipment, but I also think as a company they get a bad wrap on it sometimes. Part of this is because they do not release together, and part of that is because of strong marketing.

I defiantly don't have a bad wrap towards TM myself on their marketing strategy. Being a Commerce student, I find it amazing how well they control the market place in particular regions.

I just find that irons in general seem to be getting very familiar between lines. I know they want to try and have an offering for every golfing, but with fitting being the way it is, it does make it easier to find the "right" irons/clubs for you. I know these are between the CB's and 2.0's, just seems like a smaller market compared to the other two clubs market place.

Mizuno is in a similar boat too with their irons.

Might just be more of my opinion.

These are a great looking set of irons. From what Hank Haney posted today on twitter these are what he is now playing.

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

Back