TaylorMade Launches R11 Irons

I'm drooling all over my keyboard.

Had I not got the Nike VR Pro Combo's then I would have definitely waited until I had the chance to hit these. Wonder when the UK will see them though

I did, but I did not see loft or length specs. Did I miss it?

No, I was just referring to the rest of the specs. We will have full details coming up with lofts in the next few days.

finally nice to see these after all the rumors and speculation. It's only right that they are just a step up from the R9 line. The top line looks really large, it might just be the pictures angle. The clubs look like an R9 and TP CB hybrid.

If the feel and flight is supposed to be just like the r9 irons, count me in! Although I love the R9 TP version the best. I wonder if they will release a TP version of these. Can't wait to read the reviews of the Morgan Cup staffers!

These look nice. Can't say I love the lug nut but the shape of the iron is nice. REally excited that the MC'ers are going to be playing these.

These look pretty cool, but I think I prefer the look of the 2.0s still. Wouldn't mind hitting them and comparing them though. Guess I'll head on down to Golfsmith when these are available.

I'm glad they carried the lug nut over to the R11s because I think the technology it represents is very interesting in that it moves the center of gravity to the same place on each iron.

Very nice.Love the pics....

Oh wow!! I am so pumped now; can't wait to get home and check out the pics in real size.

super sexy looking irons...love the idea that these fit in between the CB's and Burner 2.0's... nice move by TM

Yea I am super excited about that too!! I didn't like the cb but I love the burner 2.0s

Sweet looking irons! I haqd been wondering why the Morgan Cup TM staffers hadn't listed their irons yet. I am looking forward to reading their reviews of these irons.

O wow. Those are very nice irons. Love the look of those.

awesome looking irons, i am even more jealous of the MC staffers now lol

Distance - Not nuclear long like the Burner 2.0 irons, but pretty darn close. Especially in the short irons where we noticed virtually no distance difference.

Shouldn't the Burner 2.0s be longer? From what I can tell they are lofted stronger. The TM website says the Burner 2.0 5i is 24*. They don't list lofts for the r11s yet, but another link I found said the r11 5i is 27.5*.

First thoughts are just wow! They really are a beautiful cavity back.

I love the red nut; and the technology it represents.

Next week is going to be spent awaiting UPS diligently!

These look darn good. Will be doing my best to try these out in near future.

Shouldn't the Burner 2.0s be longer? From what I can tell they are lofted stronger. The TM website says the Burner 2.0 5i is 24*. They don't list lofts for the r11s yet, but another link I found said the r11 5i is 27.5*.

You may want to check out the specs of the irons as they get shorter.
We will have those specs tomorrow.

Loft is not the only factor in distance, but even the TP CB 5i is 26 degree, so I doubt that 27.5 degree is accurate for the R11 5i.

Next week is going to be spent awaiting UPS diligently!

Me too brother.

As much as I've enjoyed the Burner 2.0s (particularly from a distance standpoint), I'm hoping that these prove to have a tighter dispersion for me.

Nice. Looking irons

Not liking the red at all, but maybe the more I see them they'll start looking a little better to me.

So that's five iron sets for Taylormade for the 2011 season? Hummm.

Great looking Irons!

Its great that the MC TM Staffers get to game these in a few weeks. Looking forward to hearing all the thoughts and reviews!

Not liking the red at all, but maybe the more I see them they'll start looking a little better to me.

So that's five iron sets for Taylormade for the 2011 season? Hummm.

I believe the Burner 2.0 was released in 2010.
If so that would make 4 iron sets and 3 drivers in 2011.
I am not sure, but I dont think that is at the top or as many as some others as well.
I know a few like Mizuno released more than them
4-5 seems like the norm for a few of these companies with regards to iron sets in a given line.

I feel like these really round out the TM line. While I don't have a ton of interest in hitting them (thanks to my R9 experience), I really do love what TM has does with their numerous styles of clubs for pretty much every type of golfer.

Back