Srixon Q-Star Golf Balls

I wouldn't say that. I can keep them on the green fine with a full shot, but trajectory really comes in to play there. For what it's worth, I can do the same with an e6.

Where a urethane ball tends to spin more for me is on partial swings, pitches, etc.

Still going to give them a try. The free hat offer is what sealed the deal for me.

Its the mid/long iron and hybrid shots into greens that I cannot get the e6 to stick. With wedges and short irons its not too much of a problem. My shot trajectory is pretty high with all of my clubs as well.

I agree with hawk. I've seen guys spin an e6 back. It's not so much the ball. But when hit properly you can get spin on almost anything. Granted the same shot with say a pro v1 is going spin lots more. I'd be willing to say a guy like Jrod could spin a Qstar back.

I gotcha. I'm usually accounting for a little roll out on my hybrids as well. Hell, I hit a perfect 5 hybrid into a green the other day with a Z-Star and it rolled off the back a yard or so. It was elevated, so I suppose that may have a lot to do with that.

Like I said, I think they do what they are supposed to pretty well. If you like the e6, I imagine you'll like the Q-Star as well.

I gotcha. I'm usually accounting for a little roll out on my hybrids as well. Hell, I hit a perfect 5 hybrid into a green the other day with a Z-Star and it rolled off the back a yard or so. It was elevated, so I suppose that may have a lot to do with that.

Like I said, I think they do what they are supposed to pretty well. If you like the e6, I imagine you'll like the Q-Star as well.

Good to hear. I let a friend of mine talk me into trying the Nike Vapor Black ball last time I bought a box and I didn't care for them much at all...

I think thats very fair to say

I've been loving the NXT Tours, but I think I'm going to buy a dozen Q Stars and give them another shot. I liked them when I was using them before and I've changed a few things with my swings and I think I'll get better results with them now that my trajectory is higher.

I gamed e6's last year, and I like the Q-Star better. JMO

I've been loving the NXT Tours, but I think I'm going to buy a dozen Q Stars and give them another shot. I liked them when I was using them before and I've changed a few things with my swings and I think I'll get better results with them now that my trajectory is higher.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on that comparison!

Looking forward to adding some thoughts on these here over the next few weeks!

havu4ysu.jpg

I still wish I'd tried the white first. Something about the yellow ones just turned me off.

I plan on trying them just because they are available on yellow. I have yet to play a yellow ball but I am thinking they may be a little easier to locate in the winter months up here in the NW.

Good luck with these today Cookie!

Wish I was playing but no golf in the cards this weekend. Will get some short game practice in next week though. Saw you bought some and are putting them into play, looking forward to your thoughts!

I still wish I'd tried the white first. Something about the yellow ones just turned me off.
Interesting. Havent you played the yellow in the past?

I picked up a couple of dozen yeller balls @ CG yesterday. $20 a dozen. I want to give them a try. pmoa used them at Bulle the last time we played and I was impressed at the flight.

The Q-star is an awesome ball. I found a lot of differences between the qstar and the e6 personally. I thought the e6 was straighter off the tee but the Qstar felt much softer and had a lot more greenside spin, without being overly spinny with the driver. I have a naturally low ball flight which Im working on fixing, which could have a large effect on how certain balls behave for me.

I played the Yellow Z-Star. They aren't the same though. At least not to me.

Yeah, if I remember correctly the yellow on the Q Star was a bit translucent, wasn't it?

The cover just seems to make it different. It's nit-picky, but I didn't like it at all. I LOVE the Tour Yellow on the Z-Star though. Best on the market in my opinion.

I picked up a couple of dozen yeller balls @ CG yesterday. $20 a dozen. I want to give them a try. pmoa used them at Bulle the last time we played and I was impressed at the flight.

Nice! You wont be disappointed!

1st round with them today and I thought they performed well. They might not be as good for me off the tee but that's more of a swing issue and something I'm working to fix.

I hit some great approach shots with these guys today.
My short game was terrible today but on the select few shots I played the way I wanted I thought the ball performed very well. I'm looking forward to continuing on with them and seeing what unfolds.

I played one of these for 9 holes today. Really short off the tee, strait as an arrow but very high flight, stops decent on the green more from angle of decent than spin on iron shots. Way too much roll out for me around the green though.

Not a terrible ball, but not really for me.

Back