Srixon Q-Star Golf Balls

Tried one of these out a little over a month ago and wasn't really a fan at all. Felt very squishy, didn't go long off the tee, and was just waaay to high off of every club but still couldn't hold a green at all. Other than being fairly straight, I felt like Srixon took all the worst tributes of any ball on the market and put them in to one ball.

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.

I have been playing the Nike Vapor Speed and Bridgestones E5 and E6's for the last few years. I bought some Q stars and I must say, I love them. They are long and Straight and usually hit and check within 6 feet of the ball mark.

I believe they spin more than the Nike Vapor's and E6's. The Bridestone E5 spins more. They are as long as the Nike Vapors and Bridgestone e6's and longer and straighter than the E5's.

The Q stars are a bit hot chipping. Meaning, they are well suited to a bump and run, but not so much a flop shot. They feel lively off the putter and roll true.

In addition, I am usually not a fan of colored balls, but I find the Yellow Q stars easy to track and find. It is also nice knowing exactly which ball is mine when we pull up to the green.

I am a 10 handicapper with a 95-100 mph driver swing. The Q stars do everything that I want out of a ball at a good price.

I am switching over to the Srixon Q stars for the rest of the Year!

Would love to try these balls!

I love the yellow q stars and they are pretty reliable off the tee, on the green, not so much. When I want to play a yellow ball I go for the B330-RX or the Z-star xv. The q-stars are winner in their bracket (own opinion), but when I can buy mint prov1x for the same price, I go for the titleists.

This is the next ball I'm going to try....might as well grab the yellow...

I'm on a roll with yellow balls today in anticipation of my birthday, I suppose. Meaning I picked up a dozen of these to compare against Chrome yellow, e6, and 330RX. I'll through in some NXT Tour yellows too...

Q Star

Q Star

Anyone using the Q Star ball is white or yellow? I've been reading good things about it and thinking about giving it a try...what attracts me most is it's supposed to be soft and low spin off the driver.

I have used both. The Qstar is a good ball for the price. It performs well. I don't remember the cover being durable.

I used my first dozen to me, I hit a GIR from a par three and the ball landed softly and rolled maybe a foot out if that, (6 iron) It gets just the right amount of spin for me from the tee and to the green. I also got two pars today on some of the hardest holes I've ever played! (never parred those holes in my life) I have the white version at the moment but I love the optic yellow better. It's my go to ball when I'm having a crappy game. Maybe this is more of my driver shaft combination (low piercing ball trajectory) but off the tee with my driver, it goes nice and straight, gets a lower piercing trajectory that rolls out a ton! But with the 3 wood and 5 wood from the fairway it climbs nicely and then rolls out a bit. I really love the q star and I am glad Buck job suggested it to me!

I get the amount of distance I expect from a distance ball like the bridgestone e6 but the spin that's in between the e5 and the prov1x that I have used in the past, it's not too little or too much but I love the way it performs for me and it's quite durable

Eh, it's an okay ball. You may as well stock up on the Trispeed Tour at the cheaper, clearance price as they both perform similar. They're both soft and low spin.

Personally I don't like the Q-Star. While it's soft, low spin off driver it's also low spin around the greens. I just can't stick the thing. It wants to go forward.

I play a lot of different Srixon balls.....but always come back to the Q-Star. It is a soft ball, the cover has a nice feel to it and it seems to really rocket off the tee. Hacks like me can't play a ton of spin either so this ball fits me well.

Merged with a pretty big thread on the Q-Star.

Srixon Q Star

Srixon Q Star

I have been jumping around on different balls for quite sometime, but still have not found the "ball". I have used the ProV1x, Nike PD long and a few others. I tend to always go back to the PD long due to price, i hit it the same distance as the ProV1x, but it has been giving me way to much side spin.

Anyone try the Q star? Pros, cons?

Thanks fellas!!

Merged with a huge thread on the balls. Should have tons of the info you are looking for.

my go to has always been the prov1x but i bought the Q Star last week and tried it out over the weekend.
I was very impressed and will now be playing Q Stars for the rest of the summer/fall

Grrr! Hope the third time is the charm, the site is being a tad slow right now.

Bigslice or you saying the PD long gives you too much side spin? I've never played it but I can't see it being more apt to side spin than the ProV1x. That said the Q-Star is a fine ball, it won't cure a slice but it can help mitigate one. Around the greens you'll want to allow for a little more roll but approach shots will stick pretty close to where they landed.

Thinking of giving these a try finally, been liking what I see in this thread.

I grabbed a sleeve of these awhile back and had a couple decent rounds with them, bought a dozen this week with the free hat promotion. Seemed pretty good off the driver and about the same amount of spin I'm used to around the greens, I don't usually spin anything back so I expect the ball to roll out a bit.

Eh, it's an okay ball. You may as well stock up on the Trispeed Tour at the cheaper, clearance price as they both perform similar. They're both soft and low spin.

Personally I don't like the Q-Star. While it's soft, low spin off driver it's also low spin around the greens. I just can't stick the thing. It wants to go forward.

Grrr! Hope the third time is the charm, the site is being a tad slow right now.

Bigslice or you saying the PD long gives you too much side spin? I've never played it but I can't see it being more apt to side spin than the ProV1x. That said the Q-Star is a fine ball, it won't cure a slice but it can help mitigate one. Around the greens you'll want to allow for a little more roll but approach shots will stick pretty close to where they landed.

I think SW's bolded section pretty much answers what you are saying sleuth. I understand that can be an issue for some, but I am not a 2 hop and stop guy from in close any way, and expect a little release. For me, having the feel it does off of the tee and irons, while giving a little added control is worth it. I can get used to the rollout a lot easier than buying new balls becuase I don't like taking hikes through the woods when I am playing golf. hehe

used these again today i am pleased with them but they don't seem to last the round i have had a few chips come out of them a few times now. wish they lasted a little bit longer i think they are durable and you can still use them but i don't like looking down when im ready to putt and seeing a chip coming off the ball that i have to peel off before i can feel comfortable putting.

well i just bought the promo dozen with hat and will be giving them a try today. I'll let you know how it goes!

well Ive gone through 11 of the 12 Q-stars I have.

I do like them off of the tee
I expected to see a lot of greenside spin as everyone has come across thus far playing this ball. But I have yet to really see much more than some of the balls im current playing, especially since Ive gotten my hands on a few used ProV1's.

I think for the price range, its a great ball, better greenside control than the E6's I had been playing, but to me worth the extra few bucks to pick up a better all around ball for me (last years penta's for $30 for example)

well Ive gone through 11 of the 12 Q-stars I have.

I do like them off of the tee
I expected to see a lot of greenside spin as everyone has come across thus far playing this ball. But I have yet to really see much more than some of the balls im current playing, especially since Ive gotten my hands on a few used ProV1's.

I think for the price range, its a great ball, better greenside control than the E6's I had been playing, but to me worth the extra few bucks to pick up a better all around ball for me (last years penta's for $30 for example)

I agree with you Mike. I've said all along that I don't think the Q-Star has any more greenside spin than any other surlyn ball on the market. I do think one should look at something with a urethane cover if that's what they are looking for. It's a good two piece ball with a pretty soft core that does what it's supposed to do well, but I don't think spinning on the green is one of those things.

For me this was just an ok ball. There's other balls out there that are just as good if not better for less dollars. The V2 for example. I think more people would play that ball if it wasn't a top flight. There's just a miss conception with that name I think.however I say play want fits you best.

I have been considering trying out the Q Star as an alternative the the BStone e6 I usually play. Love the straightness of the e6 off the tee, but cannot for the life of me get them to hold on the green. Usually wind up rolling over the back on well struck shots into the green with the e6.
Love the V Stars but don't love the price so thought I'd give the Q Star a shot. From what I've read here, looks like they don't hold greens too well either....

Back