Srixon Q-Star Golf Balls

I appreciate the thoughts as I was looking for the Q Stars this weekend and almost went with the Tri-Speeds when they didn't have them. I'm glad I decided to wait now.

I bought a box last week. I am playing twice this coming weekend. Should be a good test. I have heard such good things about it. I am very excited. Would love to spend $25 vs $40 + for Penta's.

Picked up a sleeve of these the other day was planning on testing them out tomorrow but rain is now in the forecast so I'll put them on the course Thursday. Been having good luck lately with the e6 and B330-RX from Bridgestone so I'll be playing it against those 2 balls.

I have a sleeve of each (Tri-speed Tour & Q-Star) and it will be interesting to put them in play in a little competition type setting. The Tri-speeds are yellow and the Q- Stars white so it will be easy to play a practice round alternating each ball to see what works best for me.

Just spoke to a rep and he said that the Q-Star is replacing the Tri-Speed line. Kinda bummed about this. I like the Tri-Speed Tour. I flop between it and the NXT Tour.

Just spoke to a rep and he said that the Q-Star is replacing the Tri-Speed line. Kinda bummed about this. I like the Tri-Speed Tour. I flop between it and the NXT Tour.

If you liked the tour I think you'll love the q star. Little shorter off the for me, small difference though. The q star reacts better in every other aspect though including driver feel.

--
tapatalk

If you liked the tour I think you'll love the q star. Little shorter off the for me, small difference though. The q star reacts better in every other aspect though including driver feel.

--
tapatalk

I wonder why the $5 price difference though. Aren't they two different covers?

I think the Q-star has a better cover and is an overall better ball, and at a better price. jmho though.

Their both value covers, rabalon I believe off the top of my head. Price point is inline with the trispeed so its more attractive to the consumer considering other options on the shelf.

--
tapatalk

Their both value covers, rabalon I believe off the top of my head. Price point is inline with the trispeed so its more attractive to the consumer considering other options on the shelf.

--
tapatalk

Yes, at $25, that's a real value! Trying to go of memory myself, I believe the Tri-Speed/ Tours are $30. They are three piece balls, and I believe the Q-Star is a two piece?

If I see them go on sale the way the old E-Series from Bridgestone did, I'll have to stock up.

Yes, at $25, that's a real value! Trying to go of memory myself, I believe the Tri-Speed/ Tours are $30. They are three piece balls, and I believe the Q-Star is a two piece?

If I see them go on sale the way the old E-Series from Bridgestone did, I'll have to stock up.

Yep, its 29.99 everywhere I've seen. I liked that ball a lot, but it was hard to justify $30 for a 3 piece surlyn over $36 for the RX. You are spot on with the price reduction, if they do that as Bstone did with the e series, I will grab a boat load of the trispeed tours.

--
tapatalk

Yep, its 29.99 everywhere I've seen. I liked that ball a lot, but it was hard to justify $30 for a 3 piece surlyn over $36 for the RX. You are spot on with the price reduction, if they do that as Bstone did with the e series, I will grab a boat load of the trispeed tours.

--
tapatalk

Well, the Q-Stars are getting great reviews so I'll have to pick up a dozen and give them a try. Thanks for all the info!

Picked up a dozen of the yellow Q Star yesterday, anxious to play them.

I had been playing the Tri Speed Tours. The Q Stars looks more yellow where the Tri Speed looked neon green.

I tried a sleeve of these this past weekend and the results were good. Nothing bad to say but nothing extraordinary either. At the price point, they seem to be a great ball.

Bought a box of yellow Q-Stars.

Nice distance. They don't spin well on wedge shots to the green.

On the plus side, great visibility with the yellow color.

I wouldn't buy these again. I need more spin on the greens.

I have a sleeve of each (Tri-speed Tour & Q-Star) and it will be interesting to put them in play in a little competition type setting. The Tri-speeds are yellow and the Q- Stars white so it will be easy to play a practice round alternating each ball to see what works best for me.
Gray I'm really interested in your thoughts between these two balls. I've played a sleeve of the Q-Star & liked em, but wonder if approach shots would spin more with the Tri's

After 2 rounds, I am seeing the same thing. Distance and feel are good but jut not enough spin on full shots into the green or chips around the green.

Tappin' from my iPad!

I guess my greens aren't particularly hard because I get definitely adequate spin on 90% of the shots. I've shot my lowest rounds of the year with this ball, chipped or flopped in a couple of times, drove my first par-4 and get consistently longer tee shots. On approach shots from SW through 6i, I'm seeing the ball land and generally stop within inches to 4-6 feet of the ball mark. I do tend to have a slightly higher than average trajectory so that probably helps. My ball speed off the driver isn't suited to higher end golf balls (around 90 SS, 135+ BS) and my weakest tee shots are fades so less side spin is welcome so the QStar fits my game pretty well.

Ok I have a gripe with these now.

These are nearly impossible to find in a little thicker than average fescue rough. Didn't have any issues down here, but I lost a ton of them in Georgia. Also difficult to see in the fairway during sunrise and sunset.

Performance wise I still like these balls a lot though. Perfect hop and stop on approach and great distance.

--
tapatalk

I went through a dozen of the Q-Stars and I was not overly impressed with the stopping power of them. I went ahead and picked up a box of yellows for fall golf. They are very easy to find. Wish I could by the e5 in yellow. Maybe after a few more rounds I will get use to these, or not. :act-up:

my local Dick's had the old AD-333 on sale for 2 dozen for $25. I've heard somewhere that the QStar and AD333 were similar or the same. the box for both pretty much said the same thing so I tend to lean towards Srixon pretty much changed the name and slapped a higher price tag on these. don't get me wrong, I enjoy gaming the QStar but I think it just doesn't have enough spin around the greens for me the more I game it. might be a little better than the e6. I also do enjoy the yellow very much. I will still game the QStar when I find them on sale but for now, I'll be using up my left over 2010 e5 and for next season, might go with B330 RX and/or RXS or go back to e6.

Srixon's ball fitting tool told me to look at the Q-Star. Still haven't tried it out, but that changes this week.

Did you see they have a promotion right now for a free putting cup when you pick up some balls on their site. It is a neat little giveaway.

I skimmed!

I'll be real curious to see how these work for me. I'm really looking for a long/straight ball that I can stop quick on full shots.

I skimmed!

I'll be real curious to see how these work for me. I'm really looking for a long/straight ball that I can stop quick on full shots.

With you, TC and JB being so comfortable with your current ball, your selections for ball of choice for the MC really intrigue me.

Back