Show Us Your Swing

Good lord this has been a rough process....I started struggling in a Oct/Nov and the season ended. I took a few weeks off, didn't play, and still nothing. So I took a few lessons, nothing... and decided it was time to rebuild and have a legitimate swing instead of my try to swing hard and hope for good results. Truemotiongolf is slow to see results, but staying with it is key. I'm on month 3 and just now seeing results. After weeks/ months of whining to @LLIB and @TrueMotionMatt and constant teeth mashing during every range session, it clicked the other day. I went from shanking, not being able to elevate the ball, to decent results. I still have work to do but it's getting there.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I honestly don't know how folks who must wait for "seasons" to play, and/or also those who work for a living, find any consistent mechanism to improve. I play every day (now) and thus I understand why my prior improvements were largely marginal even when I played 8 times per month in SoCal which is year-round golf.

It's summer now. We need more swings!

Taken in Spain last week - first time I've been on video in years. This was a 220-yd hybrid that flew right over the pin, and the swing felt great. Looking at it though, I see a "fat, old man" swing with a follow through that has definitely evolved from having a bad back for 20+ years... The positive I take away though is that the things I'm working on are really improving my ball-striking, and I feel like if I can lose weight and limber up, my swing will improve.

Indoor practice

Attachments

• 31875.mp4
    3.7 MB
I’ll join the party. 7 iron. This is my “shortened” backswing 😳🙄

Still more work to do to get it shorter and not across the line, clearly.
But my carry is also up by over 10 yards (I used to play my 7 to 145, this one carried 157, so… 🤷‍♂️)

Me hitting some 3 woods.....sorry about the noise it's at my golf club and they were doing some work

Swing It War GIF by Arrow Academy

View attachment 9223210
After todays lesson in the rain :(. Definitely felt more smack

That is a little JuJu swingish. Is it natural or something specific you are working on?

Here is a link:

I don’t swing like that and have never tried but I thought your take away looked kind of similar.

Last edited:
I feel like it looks the same but it feels different when I make the swing if that makes any sense

8i from 156

20231127_145727.jpg

Not the prettiest but gets the job done
Cobra CB 8 iron, 163 carry I believe. Ball speed around 115. At the start of this lesson I was 6* in to out. This is about 2* in to out after about an hour. This was 2 weeks ago still staying in the 2* in to out range and have gotten more comfortable. Speed with “new feels” has gone up a little and carry on Friday was in the 167 range

Last edited:
Range session with new driver

Attachments

• VID_20231210_151423966~3.mp4
    258.8 MB
Back