Show Us Your Swing

big time ott, need sequencing in down swing bf anything else
Agree. No over night fix by any means.Beating that can take years of hard dedicated work

Left work early and hit some balls today. First time I've filmed my swing in ages. I've somewhat cured my slice, but feel like I'm still too steep. Wasn't a particularly good striking day, though I did find the middle of the driver a few times.

View attachment 9255796
View attachment 9255797
Check for steepness by looking at where the butt of the club is pointing when your lead arm is parallel to the ground on the downswing. It should be pointing at the ball/target line.

Also look closely at the first move your hands make from the top of your backswing. They should be moving down, not out toward the ball.

Here's a couple from today that I'm happy with.

Agree. No over night fix by any means.Beating that can take years of hard dedicated work
Yeah and that’s the 1 thing I don’t have is the dedication… I’m content and realize at my age I’m never playing golf professionally so just go out and have fun with friends…. I don’t take golf to serious ….

Yeah and that’s the 1 thing I don’t have is the dedication… I’m content and realize at my age I’m never playing golf professionally so just go out and have fun with friends…. I don’t take golf to serious ….
With that in mind you definitely don't need a list of swing improvement thoughts when playing, although the posts in this thread have laid out many good suggestions.
If you can make a smooth turn back and through the ball with good tempo while remaining in balance through the finish you are most of the way there.

When hitting balls at the range lay down a stick or hit between a "gate" of tees to ingrain a proper path through the ball. In your video it looks like you are swinging outside to in, so a better path will feel like you are swinging way out to the left.

Thanks so much for the response… I can see in your video the clearing of the hips (something I know I don’t do) without getting into full detail is there some type of drills I could do to help with this issue…
The 2 drills that come to mind are the classic Harvey Penick slow motion swing and the step change drill that is used in over speed training.

Slow motion drill

Step change drill

Back