Shot Scope X5 Watch

In going back and reviewing my round on Shot Scope, I just noticed that it showed every one of my putts as two feet. This obviously totally messes up my “Strokes Gained” for putting. It shows my putting as -9 strokes gained. It also likely makes my approach game look much better than it is.

My question is why would it do this. I putt out my ball, hold the watch over the hole and hit the Pin Collect button to register my putts. Am I doing something wrong or is Shot Scope not registering my putts from where they actually occur on the green?

In going back and reviewing my round on Shot Scope, I just noticed that it showed every one of my putts as two feet. This obviously totally messes up my “Strokes Gained” for putting. It shows my putting as -9 strokes gained. It also likely makes my approach game look much better than it is.

My question is why would it do this. I putt out my ball, hold the watch over the hole and hit the Pin Collect button to register my putts. Am I doing something wrong or is Shot Scope not registering my putts from where they actually occur on the green?
Auto or manual mode?

2-foot putts generally means that the putt wasn't "sensed". I usually saw that with the V3 when using Auto mode and on those short putts you just walk up to and put into the hole. I made sure I took some pretty healthy practice swings before stroking my first putt and those were usually recorded. It is also one of the reasons I went to the Manual putting mode.

Auto or manual mode?
I assume auto. I guess that I don’t know the difference. I just start the round of golf and when I get on the green, it goes to Pin Collect. I putt out and hold the watch over the hole to register my number of putts, which is how I did the V3 watch.

Am I doing something wrong?

2-foot putts generally means that the putt wasn't "sensed". I usually saw that with the V3 when using Auto mode and on those short putts you just walk up to and put into the hole. I made sure I took some pretty healthy practice swings before stroking my first putt and those were usually recorded. It is also one of the reasons I went to the Manual putting mode.
I am not good with electronics. Is there a good explanation as to how to use manual putting mode?

I assume auto. I guess that I don’t know the difference. I just start the round of golf and when I get on the green, it goes to Pin Collect. I putt out and hold the watch over the hole to register my number of putts, which is how I did the V3 watch.

Am I doing something wrong?
In the settings there is a Putting category that you can select Auto or Manual. In Auto mode you just have to select how many putts and hold it over the hole when complete, but in manual mode I believe you have to click the button after each putt (I've only ever used auto so someone with more experience in manual mode could describe it better).

In the settings there is a Putting category that you can select Auto or Manual. In Auto mode you just have to select how many putts and hold it over the hole when complete, but in manual mode I believe you have to click the button after each putt (I've only ever used auto so someone with more experience in manual mode could describe it better).
Manual putting mode:

Auto putting mode:

Also, in Auto mode you indicate the number of times you used the putter, even if from off the green. The system sorts out actual putts from "chips" that used the putter.

Manual putting mode:

Auto putting mode:

Also, in Auto mode you indicate the number of times you used the putter, even if from off the green. The system sorts out actual putts from "chips" that used the putter.
Weird, wonder why I didn't have the - option in auto mode, just the +.

There's a section about that on their website support FAQ, I just can't remember the details. I saw it yesterday.

New tags have definitely not skipped a meal :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
BF67A96E-BC35-4ABE-99BA-45E15FE08876.jpeg
Them boys thick.

Still waiting on my prestige white, although I did get an email yesterday morning that it’s on its way. No tracking info though 🤷‍♂️

New tags have definitely not skipped a meal :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
View attachment 9173787
Them boys thick.

I thought the same thing. The small tags were one of the reasons I liked Shot Scope, as compared to Arccos. The Arccos screw in sensors are very large. Although the new Shot Scope tags are large, they are not as large as the Arccos sensors. However, the watch definitely recognizes the larger tags better than the older, smaller ones.

That's the kind of good news I was hoping to see today. When's the test flight?!

Lol not for a week or so. One course opening on Thursday, but everything else is still closed.

Patience I have little of, but am good waiting until I am not up to my ankles in water on the courses. Still waiting on our fi4st rain of the year.

Oh no, one of the things I liked about the tags was they were much smaller than arccos
I played Arcos before Shotscope and both the old and new tags are considerably smaller than arcos still.

Oh no, one of the things I liked about the tags was they were much smaller than arccos
They are not that big, and they still weigh next to nothing!

Re the step count, I checked mine after walking 18 holes (shortish 6000 yds course) and it registered just over 8000.

IMG_7775.jpeg
Got a box!

Back