Shot Scope X5 Watch

Firmware download incoming and tags installing today...

I really wish bluetooth connection was not so frustrating - I am sure its me, but in a point click connect society, CMon shelly!

EDIT: Try number 3 of downloading new firmware - two "disconnects" after hitting 100% so fingers crossed - SUCCESSS on time #3 (y)(y)

Last edited:
Are those of you having connection issues on ios? Went flawlessly for me.

Same here on android
I am on android - just installed the new firmware seemed to fix connection items whether it was striving for that or not with android.

Any news on Canadian shipments? Anxiously waiting my X5 and club opening.

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

Oh my.... 20 days after I placed my order, it was "Accepted and Processed for Shipping"

Big News!

And just after I posted I got an email saying your order is on its way....
Wonder what time frame for us Canucks from shipping notice until delivery.

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

@GavinwithaR1 - FYI

Third round with the X5 today and using the latest .84 firmware. The experience was not so good today! After two flawless rounds where every shot got picked up and the only issue was how slow the watch was to respond to swipes, if at all, today was very much a disappointing day.

First, at some point on the 5th hole, it reverted to the watch face. I was able to start a new round from that point as it quickly synched the satellites and found the course. Several shots were missed today, starting with the driver on 5 and the driver wasn't picked up I think two other times. Also, a couple of different iron shots were also not picked up. Finally, it continued to be slow responding to swipes.

On a positive note, I was able to connect to the app in only one try and upload the two partial rounds, and battery life was at 68% when I plugged it in to charge, an increase of about 10-15% compared to the previous two days. Seriously thinking of going back to the V3 until the X5 becomes much more stable.

Did you click the flag to get to green view? Putts off the green show in the aerial view as a normal shot would, but if you click the middle icon on the lower right it should take you to the green view. I think it’s a flag for green view. Getting out of that view isn’t as intuitive and I don’t know it by heart.
I tried clicking everything and everywhere and couldn't find a way on the app. On the computer, it was easy

Absolutely love the device and the frequency of better firmwares.

Only thing I'm still confused about is the scorecard feature. How do you guys like that?

I’ve only had a chance to use the watch once on course so far. But, I’m a fan of the scorecard function. I like to see where I’m at as the round progresses. It was something I was missing when I had the V3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@USAF Retired - In edit mode in the app. Click on the flag icon, bottom right. That brings up the green view with all the putts. Tap on one that you want to delete, then tap the ... in that little window above the lie type. Then, at the top of the next window, to the right of the shot number, hit delete.

Are those of you having connection issues on ios? Went flawlessly for me.

I’m on IOS, and so far so good on all firmware updates, course updates, and connection to Bluetooth…. I hope it hasn’t been a fluke and this will be the norm for me moving forward. I can only imagine how frustrating it must be for folks who have had all the issues so far reported.

Hang in there everyone! This product is only going to keep getting better and better, I have no doubt.

I’ve only had a chance to use the watch once on course so far. But, I’m a fan of the scorecard function. I like to see where I’m at as the round progresses. It was something I was missing when I had the V3.

I like it as well but it seems that is just for the purpose during the round. I was hoping it helps me with post round editing, but the score appears nowhere after syncing...

I like it as well but it seems that is just for the purpose during the round. I was hoping it helps me with post round editing, but the score appears nowhere after syncing...
I think in their Facebook page, they indicated that they were working on that.

Fwiw, my connection issues with iOS are solved by connecting watch to the charger…

Had a round with the .84 firmware…no major issues, but then again, I didn’t play around with the watch too much while golfing..

Distance accuracy keeps surprising me! Soo sweet!!

@GavinwithaR1, that blur in my screen on the ‘hole widget/ grey area’ is still there though…

I think in their Facebook page, they indicated that they were working on that.
Perfect thanks. Then I should check that page more often. So nice how hard they work and how transparent it is. That's one reason I decided to buy the new watch way before it was announced :cool:

Last edited:
Flawless Evening 9 today. Very pleased with this unit. The in round motion is slower but not jumpy nearing a glitchy like before and honestly I like it as I get a bit rushed and this helps avoid hitting the wrong things for me. Had zero missed shots and the course located the quickest yet. Huge shoutout to the Shot Scope team as this is coming together great. Love the no lock feature in round so I can scroll through the menu as needed.

Now mine is stuck in a continuous reboot and won’t connect. Ready to send this back

I may have missed it, but is there. Pause feature like on the V3?

if not, holding one of the buttons for 5 seconds would be nice
There is a pause feature. It is located in the game menu under 'pause track. Click that and then 'Pause Tracking'. An icon showing the round is paused shows up on screen. You unpause by pressing the pause icon on the screen and then 'resume play'.

Back