Shot Scope X5 Watch

Thanks Hawk. What a big improvement. Wish I had held off buying the V3 around christmas time.

Wow, this is an upgrade from the V3 for sure 😍

Thanks @Hawk for the write up. Colour me intrigued on the AI part of the system eventually personalizing the stats for the individual.

From the pictures, which can be misleading, it looks like the new tags are quite a bit taller, which if true would be a small disappointment. It also looks like the might be slightly concave on the bottom, to work better this grips that have a rounded butt? Can anyone confirm?
Shot-Scope-2nd-generation-tags.png

Great read @Hawk! What beautiful watch. They really took it to the next level with the x5.

From the pictures, which can be misleading, it looks like the new tags are quite a bit taller, which if true would be a small disappointment. It also looks like the might be slightly concave on the bottom, to work better this grips that have a rounded butt? Can anyone confirm?
Shot-Scope-2nd-generation-tags.png

So the new tags are slightly bigger, however I will explain a few tricks.

The new tags are concave so will fit a domed grip perfectly. They also have a larger stalk so will amazingly fit into anyone removing an Arc*** device out of a grip.

They are fractionally wider which improves the 'range' of the Shot Scope device which means the odd shot we did miss, there is a chance we don't. I will explain this in depth at the Data Experience.

They don't look much bigger in grips.

Attachments

• IMG_20230320_115417.jpg
    IMG_20230320_115417.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 30
Hmmm. This looks really well done!

So the new tags are slightly bigger, however I will explain a few tricks.

The new tags are concave so will fit a domed grip perfectly. They also have a larger stalk so will amazingly fit into anyone removing an Arc*** device out of a grip.

They are fractionally wider which improves the 'range' of the Shot Scope device which means the odd shot we did miss, there is a chance we don't. I will explain this in depth at the Data Experience.

They don't look much bigger in grips.
Really like this as it will fit leather grip caps much better.

oh my, that is sweet!

Every user in the US should hold on until 7am EST. You will all get an email. We will backdate too.
just opened my email and what a surprise! an incredible offer to old users of the v3... now what color, do I need

This part here is game changer
After holing out, the X5 offers the ability to record and edit scores during your round, making penciling in a score unnecessary, if one so desires.

Not being able to keep track of my score or figure out if a shot was missed until I uploaded the round was a major pain point for me. I’m probably going to end up with this watch at some point before Victory Cup 2.

A trade in for the H4 would be appreciated but I can understand why it’s likely not happening.

Edit- I stand corrected. This makes the decision on when to jump in a little more interesting
1679314931676.png

lol. @GavinwithaR1 . I was scrambling for MY email and didn't see it. Lo and behold Just got it a minute ago. $100 off, you are too kind. Now which to choose?

Does the X5 have the ability to calculate slope too?

Every user in the US should hold on until 7am EST. You will all get an email. We will backdate too.
Was wondering if, like in the past, there was a "Little Something" for the past user as an "Incentive" to upgrade?
1679315018123.png

Can’t recommend enough to those interested to look through the features like the 5 faces of the watch, and especially just watch the quick videos on their sight to get an idea of the touch screen use.
I highly recommend viewing all the videos as well. I wasn't interested in all the new features at the full retail price, but have put it into the "seriously considering" column with the current user discount for the next several days. I still hesitate as some of the features I would not use, like the scorecard function and even the idea of moving the pin location (how accurate can that be with a screen that small?).

I probably would not bother to swap out tags. I've not had any issues with shots being recognized, other than a couple of tags not being recognized due to wear caused by rubbing on the bottom of the bag (I've added small self-stick felt furniture pads to all my tags to prevent that going forward). I assume the old tags would still be compatible with the X5. I noticed in the tech specs nothing different about the GPS. Increased GPS accuracy would be the feature I desire the most.

On the fence, but definitely leaning! :) Love my V3!

A big curiosity I have is how long does the battery last in strictly the watch step counter mode?
speaking of batteries is this wireless charging, micro USB/USB c or proprietary charger?

The X5 looks like it addresses all the issues I had with V3. I won’t ditch my Apple Watch for every day wear but I love that X5 will track steps too. And I am excited to see how X5 tracks shots. I had lots of problems with V3 missing shots.

I ordered a Midnight Blue just now. Can’t wait for April delivery.

Back