Shot Scope Software - Data, Updates, Features, Requests and Questions

jenisontheforum

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
+4
Alright everyone, @GavinwithaR1 and myself had a discussion this morning and we think a new Shot Scope thread is required.

This thread will be about all Shot Scope data, software updates, features and any requests or questions there might be.

The individual product threads (V3, H4 and PRO LX+) are great and really active so highly recommend following those for the product you have, but if someone posts about a software update or feature in the V3 thread then it means that someone in the H4 or PRO LX+ threads might miss it. So hopefully we can keep the majority of software comments in this thread going forward. This way anyone who has a Shot Scope product doesn't miss out and can take advantage of the information.

Good thread idea and welcome back.

Will kick things off with the new Shots Plotted feature we released this week.

Shots Plotted is available on the web dashboard and mobile app.

Latest mobile app versions:
iOS = 2.13.2
Android = 3.11.2

To access on web dashboard

• Navigate to the rounds page, select a round from your list of rounds on the right hand side, and scroll down on the page until you see the blue 'Course Analysis' box shown below.
  • Click the blue box and explore your performance on this course.
  • Select an individual hole and then click on 'Shots Plotted' to view the new Shots Plotted feature.
To access on the mobile app
  • Navigate to 'rounds' and click on a round, then click the blue button 'My Course Statistics'.
  • Select an individual hole, scroll down and tap 'Shots Plotted' to view the new Shots Plotted feature.
Or watch this video to find out how to access on mobile.

This new feature overlays all tee shots and approach shots on courses you have played allowing you to filter breakdown your performance by score, tees played from and more. It will let you discover if lying up or playing more aggressively scores better on certain holes, as well as if missing in certain places costs you badly.

Part of this update also means that any rounds with less than 18 holes are now included.

1660906136172.png

Attachments

• 1660906070563.png
    1660906070563.png
    152.8 KB · Views: 8
On Android my app is showing as up to date in the Play Store, on version 3.10.1

On Android my app is showing as up to date in the Play Store, on version 3.10.1
Yup, same here. Uninstalled it and re-installed just to make sure. Same 3.10.1

Probably why I can't get the Course Analysis option in the app? Probably a me thing as I can't get it on the iPad app I just installed either. Will follow to see what I'm doing wrong.

My iOS was 2.13.1 - Just updated.

I'm sorry if this has been explained already or somewhere else however what do these 3 highlighted items stand for?:

1660910984873.png

I'm sorry if this has been explained already or somewhere else however what do these 3 highlighted items stand for?:

View attachment 9113575
SG - is the strokes gained for that one hole versus the chosen benchmark. So you play this hole well and are gaining nearly 1 shot.

Rank is like a personal stroke index for the hole - it is based on average score v par. So the hole that your average score v par is closest to par will be ranked 18 and the hole with your highest average score v par would be ranked 1.

SG Rank is similar to above but based on your strokes gained for each hole.

Rank and SG Rank can be different to one another.

**If you only have one or two rounds some holes might have the same ranks and SG ranks - the more rounds you play the more accurate these will become

SG - is the strokes gained for that one hole versus the chosen benchmark. So you play this hole well and are gaining nearly 1 shot.

Rank is like a personal stroke index for the hole - it is based on average score v par. So the hole that your average score v par is closest to par will be ranked 18 and the hole with your highest average score v par would be ranked 1.

SG Rank is similar to above but based on your strokes gained for each hole.

Rank and SG Rank can be different to one another.

**If you only have one or two rounds some holes might have the same ranks and SG ranks - the more rounds you play the more accurate these will become
Thank you! (TBH - Figured that the Rank of 18 was a good one for me, that's what I choose that one. I have a clue, sometimes)

Having Data and Knowing how to interpret it are two completely different things.
Think this Thread is going to be quite useful.

Last edited:
I’ve never hit the ‘Watch’ button faster on a thread. Love ShotScope and can’t wait to see how it continues to improve with each update.

is there any functionality difference between android and iOS versions?

Awesome information. Love it!

This may have been asked/answered before - apologies if it has. Will shotscope always be available without a subscription cost, or is that something that is on the table in the future (similar to arcoss)? I've got a couple seasons of data from Arcoss and I'm hesitant to change if the only real reason for me is the subscription cost.

Really excited for shots plotted!

This may have been asked/answered before - apologies if it has. Will shotscope always be available without a subscription cost, or is that something that is on the table in the future (similar to arcoss)? I've got a couple seasons of data from Arcoss and I'm hesitant to change if the only real reason for me is the subscription cost.

Yes will always be available without the subscription cost.

This update looks awesome. The shots plotted is a great feature, and I'll be digging into this one a bit as I had a discussion with a guy I was playing with last night about club selection/strategy/course management. Thanks @jenisontheforum!

LOVE the V3! Talked two of my friends into getting it. My only issue with it, and I dont think it could be changed because there is no map on the watch, but will there ever be layup information? I sometimes find myself looking for an area to layup and I usually have to guess or ask someone with a map gps feature.

Ill hang up and listen to the response.

Yes will always be available without the subscription cost.
And that’s why I made the switch! Only one round in so far but looking forward to more

LOVE the V3! Talked two of my friends into getting it. My only issue with it, and I dont think it could be changed because there is no map on the watch, but will there ever be layup information? I sometimes find myself looking for an area to layup and I usually have to guess or ask someone with a map gps feature.

Ill hang up and listen to the response.
There is a layup feature on the V3. You press the top right button and there is distances to bunkers, water, and layup yardages to 100, 150, 200

There is a layup feature on the V3. You press the top right button and there is distances to bunkers, water, and layup yardages to 100, 150, 200

Is “my course stats” ever going to show up when you play 9 holes?

Will be updating my watch tonight!

Back