Shot Scope MyStrategy

This sounds frickin awesome! I want to try this before this weekend's round.

One of the quirks I saw in the iOS app was to get to active clubs you need to select the “Active Clubs Only” toggle and then click on “P-Avg Clubs” even if you are already on that tab. The setting does not store through holes, so you might need to do that for every hole.

The overlay of plotted shots doesn’t appear accurate. Some of my plotted drives seem much further downrange than they should be. I would love to be able to drive a 350 yard green that’s uphill and plays into the wind but I can’t. The cone looks accurate though.

I’ll have to play around with the web interface later. For now I think I’ll have to create the strategies without the plotted shots since the wind/elevation on the cone is what I see on my home course. I don’t want this to sound overly critical because I’m excited about what this could be. It could be a great tool but I also think it needs some refinements to get there.

It's a new rollout and I know bugs will be corrected. In a quick review I noticed that, on my home course, the yardages given for uphill shots conflict with what I've seen through my ProLX+ and playing partners Bushnells, Precision Pros, Nikons etc. For example, on #1, I've played shots from 100 yards a good bit of the time this year. Instead of that 100 yard shot playing uphill several yards as it does according to the rangefinders, MyStrategy has it playing several yards less than actual. It does the same thing on every uphill shot Ichecked. Shots that do play downhill show a lesser "plays as" but it's still off a bit from the rangefinder.

I need to get a shot scope device

It's a new rollout and I know bugs will be corrected.
Just like with the X5, I am also confident that the bugs identified so far will be corrected. :(

I will need to get a new phone. My XR 's battery life is not great.
I had a V2, have since updated to V3. I wear a regular watch so haven't jumped at the X5.

Very cool concept. Curious to see how it plays out. Certainly course and weather conditions come into affect.

Fiddled with it a bit over lunch and I'm really curious about uphill and downhill effect. On my home course for example, there's a couple holes I've plotted against with significant slopes where it's putting me either well short or well long to what I plan on. Does it have any way to factor elevation in?

First of all, MyStrategy is really cool. I spent about 2 hours this morning going through my home course and discovered some pretty interesting things. Questions/thoughts

1. Some of the yardages are the same as what shows in the Performance tab, while some are not. For those distances which are not the same, there is no rhyme or reason that I have been able to identify for the difference.
  2. MyStrategy does seem to be particularly oriented toward tee shots. Having said that, I did experiment with moving the blue dot to an estimated tee shot landing spot to look at the effect of dispersion on approach shots. What I did not try to do was save this information. Does anyone know if approach shots save in addition to tee shots?

Fiddled with it a bit over lunch and I'm really curious about uphill and downhill effect. On my home course for example, there's a couple holes I've plotted against with significant slopes where it's putting me either well short or well long to what I plan on. Does it have any way to factor elevation in?

You have to turn on elevation in the Settings.

Also, everyone should check the wind/weather settings you have turned on or off - it will impact yardages.

Having that option available to use if you have their shot tracking is awesome.

Using the data obtained to provide unique insights is next level stuff. Bravo Shot Scope.

Really neat idea. I would have to plot out a plan A, B and C. :LOL:

Been playing around with it on my home course and is brining the confidence to my game with my dispersion on my clubs. Quite insightful on a couple of holes that I am between clubs. This truly is a feature that is great for scouting courses, but also honing your club selection on your home course.

Been playing around with it on my home course and is brining the confidence to my game with my dispersion on my clubs. Quite insightful on a couple of holes that I am between clubs. This truly is a feature that is great for scouting courses, but also honing your club selection on your home course.
Perfect example of this is on hole 6/15 on my course. Early season was hitting 4/5 iron off the tee and recently have been switching between 3 hybrid and 3 wood. Looking at the dispersion here and knowing the tree trouble it makes sense to stick to 4 iron.

1699499527184.png
1699499655384.png
Now overlaying with course results you can see that 4 iron is a clear winner off the tee verse 3 hybrid. 3wood averaged double bogey.
1699499717704.png
1699499745977.png

So freaking awesome being able to overlay everything to understand my course better.

First of all, MyStrategy is really cool. I spent about 2 hours this morning going through my home course and discovered some pretty interesting things. Questions/thoughts

1. Some of the yardages are the same as what shows in the Performance tab, while some are not. For those distances which are not the same, there is no rhyme or reason that I have been able to identify for the difference.
  2. MyStrategy does seem to be particularly oriented toward tee shots. Having said that, I did experiment with moving the blue dot to an estimated tee shot landing spot to look at the effect of dispersion on approach shots. What I did not try to do was save this information. Does anyone know if approach shots save in addition to tee shots?

On the yardages, MyStrategy pulls from your last 30 shots with each club. So effectively distance is attuned to time of year or form.

On the yardages, MyStrategy pulls from your last 30 shots with each club. So effectively distance is attuned to time of year or form.
Thank you for the clarification on what MyStrategy pulls from.

@GavinwithaR1 - Makes sense to have the distances and dispersions reflect current performance. Thanks for the explanation.

This morning, I've been examining my home course to determine how alternate clubs off the tee might work....and come up with some really interesting ideas. The season is pretty much over in New England (although I manage to get out at least once through the winter) so I'll have to wait until Spring to try them "live fire".

But does this seem right, just using two examples:

8i - My Strategy says 161 P-AVG=134 AVG=121 longest in 2023=166
91 - My Strategy says 156 P-AVG=125 AVG=115 longest in 2023=155

I can't plan a strategy based on those inflated yardages.

Roughly 30 shots, for most on my clubs, are taken in my last 15 rounds or so. However, in the last 15 rounds I have only used my PW on approaches 17 times. Keep in mind that I play every weekday, weather permitting. For someone who only plays once or twice a week, thirty shots with a given club can span a very long time.

But does this seem right, just using two examples:

8i - My Strategy says 161 P-AVG=134 AVG=121 longest in 2023=166
91 - My Strategy says 156 P-AVG=125 AVG=115 longest in 2023=155

I can't plan a strategy based on those inflated yardages.

Roughly 30 shots, for most on my clubs, are taken in my last 15 rounds or so. However, in the last 15 rounds I have only used my PW on approaches 17 times. Keep in mind that I play every weekday, weather permitting. For someone who only plays once or twice a week, thirty shots with a given club can span a very long time.

Will pass that to our guys and have a look at that anomaly.

Update: this will be sorted on Monday!

Last edited:
Will pass that to our guys and have a look at that anomaly.

Update: this will be sorted on Monday!
As an additional data point, today MyStrategy is sometimes showing distances which seem to reflect an average of my longest shots with that club, and sometimes showing the P Avg.

This is so cool. I've been loving my Shot Scope and it's awesome that they keep pushing to improve there products.

As an additional data point, today MyStrategy is sometimes showing distances which seem to reflect an average of my longest shots with that club, and sometimes showing the P Avg.
I had emailed Support and I got a response from Jamie that it is supposed to be the P-AVG of the last 30 shots. Using my 9i as an example, in my last 15 rounds, I have used the 9i 34 times, very close to the 30 that are supposed to be used. My P-AVG is 133, but My Strategy shows my yardage with that club as 156. A few clubs at either end of the bag seem to be very close, but the irons in my bag, 5 through 9 are all way off. I hope Gavin is correct and that this will be corrected shortly, as the response from Jamie seems to indicate they think it is working properly.

I'm definitely interested in this

Back