Shot Scope MyStrategy

Very cool new feature. I’m gonna need to dust off my sensors or more likely order some of the redesigned ones.

I'm trying to play around with this on the app, and I'm probably just missing it but nowhere is it letting me do a strategy session.

I'm sure it'll be better on a computer, just not an option right now and I kind of want to play with it.

Is anyone using it on their app right now?
I haven’t tried yet, but the email says they just released the app update so maybe it hasn’t been approved by the App Store yet. That happens a lot with my company and our app. Sometimes it takes a bit.

Very cool new feature. I’m gonna need to dust off my sensors or more likely order some of the redesigned ones.
Yep this is starting to be my thought as well.

I haven’t tried yet, but the email says they just released the app update so maybe it hasn’t been approved by the App Store yet. That happens a lot with my company and our app. Sometimes it takes a bit.
Fine print does say up to 24h.

I'll play around with it later I'm sure. Not as much as you, but at least a little bit.

I'm wondering to, if anyone is like me. I have a hole or 2 at each course I play regularly that just has my number. No matter what I try, still end of with a big number on the scorecards. I'd be curious to look at this feature and how it plays on these difficult holes. Maybe I've already tried it, but what does it show me as the best option to finally figure it out?

For sure. I have a couple that came to mind that are just totally in my head from jump. I could definitely see this being beneficial to finding different ways to attack your “problem” holes. As others have said, the Dashboard has allowed us to do that already in a way. This seems next level.

This is awesome. Been hoping they'd roll out something like this to compete more with Arcoss. Will play with it this week and use on Saturday for a course I haven't played in a while. Alas, I have new irons arriving in the next week or so and will have all new P-avg numbers with those and will take a while to build those up. I'll just have to play more often, of course.

This is super cool, and could be really helpful especially when looking at an Alt Shot format or something similar to it.

The iOS update is available in the App store as I have already downloaded it and the MyStrategy option is there.

Ok, I've been playing around with this on the website for the past 20 minutes and it's really good guys.

The only thing on my wish list would be the ability to map out second or third shots off the tee with the dispersion patterns of those clubs. Unless I'm missing it that seems to not be a thing. Hopefully, it's something that'll be added. It seems like it could be very beneficial to see tendencies on approach be self-contained in the 'MyStrategy' area instead of just out in the larger data sets.

Just played around for a bit, it seems really cool. Adding in wind and elevation are pretty interesting. It didn't seem to let me move the tee location around too much. I also don't think you can move the dispersion cones which would have been an interesting feature I think. Will definitely be spending more time in it.

So.
Awesome.

I don't use shotscope (right now) but I'll be watching this with people that do. I kinda love this.

Just played around for a bit, it seems really cool. Adding in wind and elevation are pretty interesting. It didn't seem to let me move the tee location around too much. I also don't think you can move the dispersion cones which would have been an interesting feature I think. Will definitely be spending more time in it.
From what I understand you need to move the tees around prior to selecting a club. The dispersion cone isn't moveable because it's part of your data I believe. You can only move it by dragging the 'landing area' to left side or right side.

This is also A LOT easier to play with on the web than the app.

Instead of tee to green, I'd like the ability to work backwards from green to tee - see which approach clubs are the best choice based on average distances and dispersion, then work back to the tee to see which club allows me to use that club on approaches.

As it stands, with apparent emphasis on tee shots (unless I am missing something) I can see the usefulness of developing a strategy for use on a new course, or for those that can hit the ball a long way. At my age, being distance challenged, there aren't many holes where I have options off the tee other than to use the driver. Seeing how wind and elevation might affect the results of the shot, and dispersion is interesting, but it doesn't necessarily affect any strategy I might have for playing a hole.

@JB and I were both both wishing this was live a few days earlier. Would have been very cool to have at Briggs Ranch.
As I was reading the article I thought exactly the same thing. Could you have seen everyone around the fire Sunday night planning the Monday morning round?

@JB and I were both both wishing this was live a few days earlier. Would have been very cool to have at Briggs Ranch.
I just looked up the MyStrategy for Victoria National and I'm a little disappointed an icon of praying hands or a middle finger didn't just pop up. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Thank you for the writeup on this. If all goes well I’ll be using this today!

I've held off in switching but this and everything else that Shot Scope has thrown down may be what finally convinces me to make the change from Arccos. I hate to give up all the data I've gotten over the last 4+ years but some of the additional items SS is offering and continues to come out with is leaps and bounds ahead of Arccos, who's been on a beta dashboard for the last two seasons. Sigh....

Ok, I've been playing around with this on the website for the past 20 minutes and it's really good guys.

The only thing on my wish list would be the ability to map out second or third shots off the tee with the dispersion patterns of those clubs. Unless I'm missing it that seems to not be a thing. Hopefully, it's something that'll be added. It seems like it could be very beneficial to see tendencies on approach be self-contained in the 'MyStrategy' area instead of just out in the larger data sets.
I wish the same with the second and third shot options being available. What I would really like is based off data from previous rounds to say if you are in fairway hit this club versus if you are in the rough you should hit this club.

However if that was the case golf wouldn't be golf now would it.

I wish the same with the second and third shot options being available. What I would really like is based off data from previous rounds to say if you are in fairway hit this club versus if you are in the rough you should hit this club.

However if that was the case golf wouldn't be golf now would it.
I agree and think the whole point of this is to make golf as easy as possible. I bet it’s going to be an add for them eventually. I really hope so it would be so valuable.

I've held off in switching but this and everything else that Shot Scope has thrown down may be what finally convinces me to make the change from Arccos. I hate to give up all the data I've gotten over the last 4+ years but some of the additional items SS is offering and continues to come out with is leaps and bounds ahead of Arccos, who's been on a beta dashboard for the last two seasons. Sigh....
It’s time. Start ‘24 off fresh. New game new you. You won’t regret it.

It does look like no matter what tee you select to start it puts the blue dot at the furthest back tee box. Move it BEFORE you make a club selection and hit save.

Just saw the email. This looks really cool

I just looked up the MyStrategy for Victoria National and I'm a little disappointed an icon of praying hands or a middle finger didn't just pop up. :ROFLMAO:
I wouldn't be surprised if MyStrategy didn't just put every tee shot in the Rough or in the Water on that course.

From what I understand you need to move the tees around prior to selecting a club. The dispersion cone isn't moveable because it's part of your data I believe. You can only move it by dragging the 'landing area' to left side or right side.

This is also A LOT easier to play with on the web than the app.
Great call, it works just as you described, appreciate it

Back