SeeMore Putter Forum Testing Review Thread

Ok I feel like I'm Already stirring up some controversy here which was not my intention. I know these forums are for posting your positive and negative thoughts on the products, so I just wanted to give my thoughts on that subject because I had a negative experience with someone trying to tell me how I should putt and it was not my normal style and I was extremely uncomfortable standing the way he wanted me to and I lost all confidence in my stroke. I went back to my normal stroke with the same putter they had me using and I was hitting it perfectly. I'm all for advice, and its nothing against SeeMore because I'm sure reps from any company will try and give their tips. I was simply stating I will be interested to see the feedback from someone who is not only trying a new club but also a new putting position or stance at the same time. Again, I am looking at new putters because my Scotty just doesn't feel right to me and I have heard some good things about SeeMore. So I'm interested in the whole experience everyone is having.

While I'm not an official "tester", I am definitely going to try a Seemore. I might be a pretty good test of what you have noted because I set up pretty open - think about about Nicklaus (minus the excessive crouch). I'm guessing that will not work with the RST technology - and I'm fine with that. My true hope is that I can get back to my confident flowing stroke because all my alignments are correct.

Ok I feel like I'm Already stirring up some controversy here which was not my intention. I know these forums are for posting your positive and negative thoughts on the products, so I just wanted to give my thoughts on that subject because I had a negative experience with someone trying to tell me how I should putt and it was not my normal style and I was extremely uncomfortable standing the way he wanted me to and I lost all confidence in my stroke. I went back to my normal stroke with the same putter they had me using and I was hitting it perfectly. I'm all for advice, and its nothing against SeeMore because I'm sure reps from any company will try and give their tips. I was simply stating I will be interested to see the feedback from someone who is not only trying a new club but also a new putting position or stance at the same time. Again, I am looking at new putters because my Scotty just doesn't feel right to me and I have heard some good things about SeeMore. So I'm interested in the whole experience everyone is having.

Hey, don't sweat it, you make some valid points as have several people. You pointed out what's in your head and we'll see. This will be way different from my normal stance and if they can change my style of putting yet make me better everyone should be workable, lol.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

In-

I took it as Seemore was trying to get the golfers back to the basics of alignment. I believe there is not on style of putting out there, but all have the same basics of alignment. That is the best thing about a Seemore putter. I think if all of these testers get back to the basics of alignment and then develop their own styles or stances. Their putting will get better, but they will still have the alignment part the same.

This is exactly right. Fundamentals and basics of putting. As was mentioned in the original conversation, its like a basketball free throw and replicating a repeatable setup/stance/alignment and stroke so you know what you do wrong because you've done it right so many times. Yes, they are changing my stance and he did state that most people tell you to putt by feel, but most players don't feel the same stroke consistently. As you've said yourself many pro's change up their style and frequently, because they think they can replicate and repeat their new approach more.

I don't think you're stirring up controversy, if we didn't have an opposite voice, we wouldn't find the truth in my opinion. I try and tell my wife this all the time, I'm not arguing, I'm debating to find the truth. Usually I'm wrong but hey, the truth comes out!

I don't think you're stirring up controversy, if we didn't have an opposite voice, we wouldn't find the truth in my opinion. I try and tell my wife this all the time, I'm not arguing, I'm debating to find the truth. Usually I'm wrong but hey, the truth comes out!

You sir are a brave man.

As a Seemore player myself I have one question that I did not see when reading this thread.

Are all the testers selected new to using a seemore putter?

I think this is very important to know because of knowing who is going to be switching to seemore full time after this review is over.

As a Seemore player myself I have one question that I did not see when reading this thread.

I think this is very important to know because of knowing who is going to be switching to seemore full time after this review is over.

I am a tester, and I currently own a Yes! Tracy II. Extremely excited to see what becomes of my putting when the SeeMore arrives!

In-
I took it as Seemore was trying to get the golfers back to the basics of alignment. I believe there is not on style of putting out there, but all have the same basics of alignment. That is the best thing about a Seemore putter. I think if all of these testers get back to the basics of alignment and then develop their own styles or stances. Their putting will get better, but they will still have the alignment part the same.

It's what I got while speaking with Ted, they're just promoting a more natural athletic stance and offering visual feedback to ensure proper alignment everytime.

I'm currently gaming a Yes! Dianna and I'm looking forward to this test as my putting game needs some consistency. I'm hoping the results will be encouraging, and more importantly durable.

This will be my first SeeMore. I have been using an Odyssey and Taylor Made putter.

I will be brand new to a Seemore. Tried them today at Golfsmith. Was rolling the ball pretty good.

Watch any of the PGA events and you will see 50 different putting stances and styles. Vijay has had 3-4 different putting styles just in the last year. Some people switch back and forth between belly and regular putters...anyway, these guys are pro's and it all comes down to what your personal preference is. One person can't tell you how to stand or things like that. Putting is all about feel so you should try different styles to find what feels best to you. It shouldn't be what someone else tells you should feel good.

I'm certain that SeeMore wants players to use the basic premise of the alignments and go from there. I don't think everyone the uses a SeeMore has the exact same stance, grip, and stroke. You are assuming everyone that uses a SeeMore is now a robot, all putting the exact same way. This is not what SeeMore is about. They want to set a good foundation for your putting, instill confidence in your setup, and they have a product that when used correctly can help you with that. It won't be for everyone, and my guess is, there will be a couple testers who don't take to the changes. I understand your point, but feel it is a bit premature as none of us have even received the putter yet. I also believe that 1 person can tell you how to do things, they are called coaches. Putting still has fundamentals! So with your statement, everyone should just get comfy and putt away? I just don't get that. I'm a pretty decent golfer, but I am not a pro, or even a putting expert, so I like to listen to people who are better and more knowledgable than me. SeeMore believes in their product and ideas, and while it won't be for everyone, they are consistent and confident they can help golfers from pros to hackers. I respect them for that. Whether the product works for me is yet to be seen.

This will also be my first SeeMore. I was telling my step-dad about this last night and he went to the closet and pulled out an older SeeMore ITZ putter. So I have got to somewhat familiarize myself with the RST system. Since I am not meeting with Don until Monday I will most likely not receive my putter before I play next weekend so I am playing on putting the ITZ in the bag as my only putter for 36 or more next Saturday. Should be an interesting experience!!!

I'm new to Seemore. I currently use a Yes Ashley. I have putted with a Seemore before though. I was trying out putters and it came down to Rife or Seemore and I went with the Rife. Will be interesting to putt with the Seemore again

This will be my first SeeMore putter and only my third overall. Had my first putter for almost 2 years which was a Nike Oz model. I modified it to give me better visual alignment with Wite-Out correction fluid. It eventually flaked off so I used white model paint next. Ended up donating that putter to the First Tee program.

Current putter is an Odyssey Mini Marxman that I've used for about 2 years. I have rolled several SeeMore models at Golf Galaxy and had a SeeMore in hand while walking to the register to check out about 3 months ago. They had a system crash with their check out system/registers and were looking for their knuckle buster machine to allow customers to use credit and debit cards. Put the putter back due to the back up at the register and went home. Have tried the SeeMore's a few more times when I walk in but never made it out of the putting area with one since the first time even though I seem to make almost every putt I set up to.

Really looking forward to the fitting and seeing what the results will show after time. My goal is to get to a single digit handicap this year and making just 3 more putts a round would do it!

Watch any of the PGA events and you will see 50 different putting stances and styles. Vijay has had 3-4 different putting styles just in the last year. Some people switch back and forth between belly and regular putters...anyway, these guys are pro's and it all comes down to what your personal preference is. One person can't tell you how to stand or things like that. Putting is all about feel so you should try different styles to find what feels best to you. It shouldn't be what someone else tells you should feel good.

Watch any players coached by the same philosophy and tell me what you see. You say putting is all about feel and I can guarantee you that there is not a top instructor anywhere that would agree with that statement. Sure feel is part of it, but technique and alignment make up far more to be a successful putter in the eyes of most "experts".

I'm not saying its not possible. I'm not sure what all was said in these phone conversations. The conversation that was posted that I originally responded to seemed to me like SeeMore was trying to tell the person there is only one way to putt. I am always open to suggestion from anyone about my swing, putting, etc. But I know there is not ONE way to do something and I get irritated with people who say that is the case. Since this is an open forum I was just stating my opinion. I am very interested in this testing group and to see what type of results they get and if they actually have to make ablot of changes to their stroke or if they can use the stroke they are comfortable with and still get good results from the SeeMore putters.

MaryC sounds more like they are trying to find a putter to fit her stroke, which is what I think a putter fitting should be. In most cases I don't think a person should be given a stroke to fit a putter.

IN,
Have you ever tried a SeeMore? Have you tried RST? Have you watched any of the videos on how RST works? We have quite a few on this forum with some of the best instructors in the world. You seem to be debating something based on theories without ever experiencing something first hand. I am a 100% feel golfer and NEVER had to alter anything to work with a SeeMore. However it made me a 100% better putter by getting my on line. I can now pick up almost any putter and use the fundementals taught to me from a SeeMore.

In-

You hit the nail on the head. RST and SeeMore is about alignment and getting people in the proper position to make more putts.

This thread/testing made me contact SeeMore over here to see if they have any belly putters I can try out. :good:

This thread/contest made me contact SeeMore over here to see if they have any belly putters I can try out. :good:

Forum testing is still not a contest

Forum testing is still not a contest

+1,000. Its about giving your best effort and the truth about the product, good or bad

It was a typo, albeit my second this week.

After reading this thread and watching the vids posted, I tried to use those alignment principals today-Not worrying about having my eyes right over the ball and standing a little taller. I think I miss a lot of putts due to alignment. I am going to see if I can buy one of those triangle alignment aids on the seemore site. I don't have a seemore putter, but I like their way of thinking about alignment and posture. Maybe Seemore will be my next putter.

After reading this thread and watching the vids posted, I tried to use those alignment principals today-Not worrying about having my eyes right over the ball and standing a little taller. I think I miss a lot of putts due to alignment. I am going to see if I can buy one of those triangle alignment aids on the seemore site. I don't have a seemore putter, but I like their way of thinking about alignment and posture. Maybe Seemore will be my next putter.

Send GG your address and we will send one over to you. We have an extra one here.

Send GG your address and we will send one over to you. We have an extra one here.

See this is why i LOVE this forum so much, others are full of braggers and know it all's but here its kinda like a big family lol

How cool is that? Good luck koko, hope this helps your alignment.

Thanks, JB! I post up about how it works for me. You guys are great!

Wow JB! That is why THP is the best! Always looking out for the members. Congrats Kokogirl let us know how it works out! Good lookin' out JB

Back