SeeMore Putter Forum Testing Review Thread

Fantastic customer service by SeeMore....A+....can't wait to see the unboxings of these putters as they begin to arrive

WOW!! Great job on the writeups so far guys! keep up the good work. I can't wait to see how you guys feel about actually using them on the course. I'm looking for a new putter, and this will help me.

Great write-ups everyone. You guys are so lucky. I'm jealous. :) I've always wanted a SeeMore but have never pulled the trigger for some reason. After hearing how great their customer service is, however, my next putter may just need to be a SM. I've wanted one ever since Payne won the open - he was my favorite golfer until the unfortunate plane incident. :(

I too just finished with my phone call fitting with Ted and blown away is the only way to describe the process. Ted called me back within a very short time of my calling him and spent over an hour talking SeeMore and what it will take to make me a better putter. The thing that jumped out at me through reading all these reviews and talking to Ted is that SeeMore has a very similar idea of what customer service is all about to myself when taking care of my customers. You don't really bring customers back by just taking good care of them, you bring them back by wowing them! Everyone in the industry can just take care of them, SeeMore impresses you and continues the service well after they sell the product.

You've all heard the routine that Ted took us through, so I'll just highlight a bit of the specials to me:

Consistency creates trust - By working to set me in the exact same position, every single time, not only will I make more putts, but when I do miss it becomes obvious what I did wrong. They take away the variables that can create the push or pull to create a more consistent putt which translates into faith that this 10 footer is going down.

Grip, posture, alignment and stance all combine with the red dot and white lines after my fitting to help with this consistency. If I setup the same every single time my brain can relax, (this would be a nice change, lol).

Ted and I talked about everything from where the company came from, Payne Stewart and how he developed so much trust in his SeeMore putter during his US Open win, to the companies philosophy and what makes a SeeMore a SeeMore. We talked about Pat O'Brian and discussed some of his view points which brought out a very important part of SeeMore's view on stance and posture. They don't want my eye's directly over the ball??? I've putted that way since 12 years old! They want me in more of an athletic posture like I did in baseball and like I do know with a driver or irons. Knees slightly bent, slight sit position with my head high and body more upright. Guy's, this won't be easy, lol. I just tried a few putts that way and its tougher than I thought after talking to Ted.

Ted will decide on the dimensions. I gave him all the dimension of my old putter and explained a bit about my current stance and stroke, then told him to just do it and tell me what I need. I even had him select the putter based on simply making me a better putter. Here's what's on it's way:
http://www.seemore.com/products/product/black-si3/
http://www.seemore.com/products/product/rst-red-black-grip/
http://www.seemore.com/products/product/black-leather-seemore-head-cover-mseries/

According to Ted there will be a learning curve and there will come a time that I'm cussing him under my breath, haha. He said that just about the time I'm ready to call and let him have it something will click and I'll have it. Sounds to me like he's been through this a time or two, I bet he's right.

wcueb, out of all the models this was the one I was most curious about, I'll be interested to see how your results are with it. I always thought this model was that hybrid between a seemore and a regular putter as the rst markings were so small.

Great stuff guys!! Keep it coming! Can each of you list your height and what length of putter they recommended for you to use? I'm right at 6 feet and based on what some of you have posted seems like I shout be longer than the 35' putter?

Also, is the alignment process on the putter kind of a spin off from what the Scotty Cameron Red X putter did with the red dots?

Also, is the alignment process on the putter kind of a spin off from what the Scotty Cameron Red X putter did with the red dots?

The other way around. Scotty BLATANTLY ripped off SeeMore with this. SeeMore has been doing this since Payne Stewart won with this putter and Scotty did nothing more than rip it off completely. Unfortunately for him, he missed the white lines and it just does not work as well.

Great stuff guys!! Keep it coming! Can each of you list your height and what length of putter they recommended for you to use? I'm right at 6 feet and based on what some of you have posted seems like I shout be longer than the 35' putter?

I'm 6 ft and my measurement was 32" from my knuckles to floor
I'm getting a 35" shaft

He did say the want you more upright
You can check out the videos on their site on how to measure yourself for the fitting

The other way around. Scotty BLATANTLY ripped off SeeMore with this. SeeMore has been doing this since Payne Stewart won with this putter and Scotty did nothing more than rip it off completely. Unfortunately for him, he missed the white lines and it just does not work as well.

Ahhhh, good to know!

The testers are going to have some fine equipment to work with. I know that I love my Si-4 (thank you :thp:). The insert is nice and firm and does not cheat on the feel or feedback.

All of my stats are in my first post, but here they are again:

6'3" 255 lbs
34.5" knuckles (fist) to floor standing straight up
size XL golf glove

Ted reccommended a 36.5" putter, but also said I am right on the line between 36" and 36.5". So he sent it at 36.5" with an extra grip and if I want to cut it down to 36", I can either send it back, have a shop do it, or do it myself. It all depends on what he sees when I send him a couple of videos and pictures. I am going to leave it up to him, keep an open mind, and try out whatever he recommends.

I'm 5'6" and currently use a 33" putter and crouch enough that I still grip in the center of the grip rather than the top. We talked about this for quite a while and I could tell they really do want me more upright. I still have to get a measurement to send him, then we'll have the proper length.

It's a bit odd staying back and more upright I can tell you that much. Been putting in the office a bit since the call and I'm pushing the putt further right than I did before.

There are SO many different putting styles it seems weird that they are trying to change your whole putting technique, not just have you test the putter. I would think they'd see what your style and length preference is and then go from there so you know you are used to the stroke.

There are SO many different putting styles it seems weird that they are trying to change your whole putting technique, not just have you test the putter. I would think they'd see what your style and length preference is and then go from there so you know you are used to the stroke.

For the RST to be used properly a person needs to be fit to their putter. Just because someone has a preference doesn't mean it's the best set-up for their game (thus the fitting portion of this experience). They aren't trying to change technique really, just the initial setup to improve consistency.

Kidding me?? Free pointers and lessons along the way.....I think if someone in the "know" actually saw most of us putt, they would probably want to change about 3 things we were suppose to be doing. :nono:

For the RST to be used properly a person needs to be fit to their putter. Just because someone has a preference doesn't mean it's the best set-up for their game (thus the fitting portion of this experience). They aren't trying to change technique really, just the initial setup to improve consistency.

I hope thats the reason I've never found a SeeMore that worked for me. I told Ted that I've tried a bunch from outlet stores to the fall outing last year and the just didn't work, he said this one would, lol.

The putters are made to be used a certain way. They have alignments on them that force you to stand with the same posture and line your head up the same way. It is the entire premise of the company. If you are not using the alignments and the putter properly, it is just another putter. I am sure there are some that don't like it. But if you know for a fact you are lined up the exact same way on every putt, you can concentrate on line and a good smooth stroke. Look, I haven't even used a SeeMore yet, but I am sold on the theory!

I hope thats the reason I've never found a SeeMore that worked for me. I told Ted that I've tried a bunch from outlet stores to the fall outing last year and the just didn't work, he said this one would, lol.

Yep, I know mine needs to be tweaked a bit and it has been a little low on the priority list. I need to share some emails back and forth with them to see what I need to do. I know center shafted and mid-mallet hasn't been your style but hopefully he'll hit the nail on the head for ya. You seemed to like my DB-4 last summer (although you didn't try it out very extensively).

Kidding me?? Free pointers and lessons along the way.....I think if someone in the "know" actually saw most of us putt, they would probably want to change about 3 things we were suppose to be doing. :nono:

So true. Ted knows his stuff.

wcueb, out of all the models this was the one I was most curious about, I'll be interested to see how your results are with it. I always thought this model was that hybrid between a seemore and a regular putter as the rst markings were so small.

I will make sure That you are updated once I receive it. It intrigued me, almost calling my name. lol

That was cool to know. Thanks JB

I just finished my phone call and fitting with Ted and all I can say is WOW!!!

As everyone else who has been fit for their Seemore putters has said the feeling of being welcomed into the Seemore family was very cool and Ted could not have been nicer.

Ironically, Ted returned my call this morning in the middle of my round of golf with my Dad. So, when I called him back the first thing we did was talk about my round. I lost to my Dad by one stroke and I lamented that if I could have just gotten one more GIR or not three jacked one hole for my only 3 putt of the round I would have won the round and gotten to keep the dollar bill my Dad & I trade back and forth depending on who wins. He laughed and said I sounded like every tour player he works with.

After we chatted for a bit about the history of Seemore, the players on tour who play Seemore and Pat O'Brian, Seemore's putting guru, he asked me about me, my game, my current putter and my putting tendencies. He even had my Mom take a measurement of the distance from my knuckles to the floor, 31". He then asked me about my glove size. I have a very tiny hand and short finges but a broad palm which makes finding a glove that fits well hard. I typically use a men's small.

Then he had me go to the Seemore webpage and look at the Si and FGB series putters to see what suited my eye. I chose the Si3 in nickel finish with the Winn AVS Red & Black with a pink sequined headcover.

My final specs are a 34" Si3 with 70 degree lie.
We then spent about 20 minutes talking about the putting technique, posture and alignment that is the basis behind the two white lines and red dot alignment aid. He told me about the links he was going to send me and the Triangulator training aid. I asked about the difference between a putter with offset and one without. He explained that while offset didn't 100% comply with the Seemore way of thinking about putting because it forces you to push your hands forward thus making it impossible for the red dot to disappear when you were aligned correctly, Seemore understood that some players wanted to feel their hands pressed forward and were more comfortable with a putter with offset.

Ted finished by assuring me that they were 100% interested in my success with the putter and he wanted me to have a picture taken of me in the recommended putting stance to make sure that when I received it sometime next week that we disn't need to have any minor adjustments made to either loft or lie.

As others have said he gave me his phone numbers, including his cell and wants me to call him or any of the folks at Seemore any time I have a question, concern, if I'm confused about anything from the DVD or links, or if I just want to share a success. They are really intetested in my thoughts and want to make sure I'm happy with my putter.

All I can say is so far it this has been a top notch experience and I so excited to get my putter I can't stand it!

Thanks Seemore and THP for this chance to review this putter.

Very nice Mary. Cool process, huh? You have good taste in putters! ;)

I agree with you 100%. I willing to change my stroke and see what happens, If it helps me make more putts im all for it. I want to use the system as prescribed and take any thing that's not consistent out of the equation. I press forward quite a bit and play the ball forward. After watching all the videos last night ill have some changing to do.

I have the ability on my Iphone app (GolfLogix) to keep track of all my putts and length of putts that are made or missed. Im going to start keeping track of them this weekend with the putter i'm using now and they with the new putter. Ill be able to see the numbers and report back on my progress.

View attachment 2250

It is awesome to read about the other testers experiences thus far with SeeMore! I was in training all day yesterday and the first half of today so I was not able to call Ted until 1 CST this afternoon. Had to leave a message via John because Ted was on the line with another THP'er and still had several others to call back. Forwarded my office line to my cell phone so I do not miss his call - already got a few of the questions answered in advance based on the posts I have seen from others. Thus far, I have been able to stay away from the SeeMore site until Ted tells me what to look at; can't wait for his call!!!

Will update this thread again with the info from the call, my personal info, and his recommendation after I get to chat with him.

Back