SCOR System Review - Forum Testing

AD - outstanding initial write-up!! Looking forward to see how these compare for you on the course. Appreciate the detail describing the ordering process and the great photos.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Wow these look alot better in hand. Great write up AD I like how you explained the selection process and the pictures were great.

Wow ad, what an awesome inital write up

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

Great initial review AD! Seems like a great system for ordering and everything. Can't wait to hear on performance.

These sticks look amazing! Great initial write up AD and nice pics too! Can't wait to hear the testers thoughts on this one.

I really like the looks of these, but the last thing I need is another something for my money to disappear. So I buy a set of irons, then replace the 4i and 5i with hybrids, then replace my 9-GW with these....

Dang, we are getting so specific nowadays....but these are gorgeous and awesome looking.....well, there $he goes!

Awesome looking wedges

That is a pretty awesome way to configure a setup. Playing on their website now.

Awesome unboxing Donne! I'd be lying if I said I wasn't highly interested in following this thread. Sounds like this SCOR company just gets wedges. The V-sole is something I'm particularly looking forward to learning a lot more about. Well, and how clubs like the 45* wedges perform.

Great start guys!

Great unboxing AD, I am really interested in these wedges. I'm not sure I would want to replace the 9, PW and AW of my iron set as I like to have them matching my irons, but I am 100% behind these as replacing my current wedges, and if you guys really do think the 9 iron and PW wedges are better than your iron sets, I'm always welcome to be swayed.

Those look great, can't wait to see your impressions after hitting some balls. I love the attention to details they did with every part of the club.

As an addendum to my first post, I took some pictures comparing the SCORGolf clubs to the TaylorMade R11 PW and the TaylorMade xFT 54 deg wedge. I thought these might be the best way to compare the look at address, toplines, etc.

Here the left club is the 45 deg SCORGolf short iron, on the right is the TaylorMade R11 PW. Comparitively, the topline of the SCORGolf short iron is a bit thinner. I also noticed that the SCORGolf short iron has only 14 grooves compared to the 15 on the R11…don’t know that there is any significance to that, just an observation. The size is not significantly different, the SCORGolf short iron is maybe a touch smaller, but there is certainly less offset than the R11. According to both specs, the R11 PW has 2.2 mm of offset and the 45 deg SCORGolf has 1.9 mm offset (0.075”)
IMG_3708.jpg

Same comparison, shows toplines a bit better.
IMG_3709.jpg

Same comparison looking down toward address, the left club is the 45 deg SCORGolf club, on the right is the TaylorMade R11 PW. Again, the R11 is a touch bigger, but from a visual perspective, the transition from one to the other should be pretty seamless for me.
IMG_3710.jpg

Different comparison…Here the left club is the 54 deg TaylorMade xFT wedge, on the right is the SCORGolf 55 degree wedge. Comparitively, the topline of the SCORGolf club is a decent amount thicker than a true blade-like wegde. I also noticed that the SCORGolf club has only 14 grooves compared to the 16 on the xFT. The size is not significantly different, the SCORGolf club is maybe a touch smaller again, and in this case the offset looks pretty similar. The 55 deg SCORGolf has 0.9 mm offset (0.035”), I don’t see a specification number on the TaylorMade website.
IMG_3712.jpg

Same comparison, shows faces a bit better.
IMG_3713.jpg

Same comparison looking down toward address, the left club is the 54 deg TaylorMade xFT wedge, on the right is the SCORGolf 55 degree wedge.
IMG_3714.jpg

Awesome unboxing pictures guys! These look good I like the looks and even more the idea behind them. Can't wait to hear some reviews

Nice pics AD, thanks for the side by side shots of the xFT's. These things are amazing to look at, cant wait to hear feedback on how they play.

AD - that is crazy how similar they look to your existing clubs; not much transition aesthetically.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Great topline pics AD! They really do look a lot like the R11's from the topline view.

AD - that is crazy how similar they look to your existing clubs; not much transition aestheticall

You're right Cookie...that is something I really didn't notice until I started looking at the pictures, but I really think that will help with the transition.

Really interested to hear about how these blend into the sets. Good luck all!!

Those pictures look awesome AD. They really do look similar to the R11s. From what I hear about the R11s, I hope they preform similar or a little better. That would be awesome then.

great start everyone.........really looking forward to the reviews!!!

Just some quick thoughts on the clubs, and a handful of pictures that I took this evening. I received the four club set from Scor Golf in 45, 50, 55, 60 with Genius 7 Graphite firm shafts.

The packaging was everything that you would expect from a major OEM and then some. The clubs were secure in the shipping carton, and the head covers certainly helped to protect the inhabitants from shipping damage.

SDC10793.jpg

SDC10795.jpg

SDC10796.jpg

SDC10797.jpg

You can see what was included with the clubs in the pictures above, but perhaps my favorite item, other than the clubs, is the "My SCOR Method Solution" card. I'm a pretty forgetful guy so having that reminder hanging from the bag will help me immensely.
SDC10798.jpg

As I said above the included head covers served to eliminate shipping damage, and are a really nice touch. I wish I could say I liked them, but the Velcro closures are a big drawback to me. I will try them out for a while, but honestly I hold out little hope for them being used long term. The neoprene fabric seems like it should hold up well for the intended purpose, but I have no experience with iron covers so I'll let the other testers chime in on that item.
SDC10802.jpg

When I opened the box the first thing that struck me was the graphics on the shafts. I received the Genius 7 graphite shafts. They are really nice looking, yet understated enough to not be distracting to me at address.
SDC10809.jpg

The top line, to my eye, is the same thickness as the Burner 2.0. Here is a shot of my PW and the 45* that will replace it.
SDC10810.jpg

At first glance my biggest concern is the length of the clubs. With the exception of the 45*, all are noticeably shorter than my current clubs. I recently bought Eidolon wedges (50, 54, 58) and ordered them +1/2" and 2* flat. At sign up I posted the same specs, yet these clubs are a good 1/2-3/4 inch shorter. Hopefully, I'll adjust to the shorter length, but worst case scenario I'll be getting them lengthened.
SDC10812.jpg

The grips look fantastic, and as luck would have it they are the same color pattern as my current grips. I'll hold off on the feel etc. until I can get some swings in with them.

The finish on the club heads is fantastic. I'm not a fan of chrome irons, so the satin finish is pleasing to me. I have no worries about glare. The fit and finish are top notch. There is no gunk, nicks, dings, nada! They are just plain pretty clubs.

SDC10803.jpg

SDC10805.jpg

SDC10808.jpg

Lastly, there was a fair bit of discussion about the V-Sole technology in the signup thread and the the other two Eidolon threads that I have been in and out of recently. For those of you that don't know... V-Sole is Da' Bomb! This picture does little to show the technology, but it's the best I could come up with tonight. I'll try to get better angles/lighting if there is interest. I drew a line on the bottoms of the wedges to highlight the V-Sole. Up front, I will say that I already love the technology in the old wedges. I'm sure it will be fantastic on this set as well.

SDC10814.jpg

Finally, the test arsenal. Suffice it to say I am over the 14-club limit. I also have a bunch of other (read: retired) wedges that I look forward to comparing the Scor clubs to.

SDC10815.jpg

If anyone has any questions, comments, or suggestions please let us know. Hopefully I'll get these bad boys out to the range tomorrow night and start a real test!

Thanks again to THP and Scor Golf!

Great unboxing AD, I am really interested in these wedges. I'm not sure I would want to replace the 9, PW and AW of my iron set as I like to have them matching my irons, but I am 100% behind these as replacing my current wedges, and if you guys really do think the 9 iron and PW wedges are better than your iron sets, I'm always welcome to be swayed.

A +1 to this entire post

Great pics and post Matt!! Man these pictures have made me premature ponder!

Seeing the initial reviews is really inspiring, fantastic job fellas.

Back