Parrot

2025 Worldwide Golf Championship - Team ?????
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I’m following this guy on Twitter as he plays the Trail. Not that I needed too much convincing, but playing the rest of the Trail will happen sooner rather than later.

is this multiple courses? I need to read more on this

I think when I am a bit older with a bit more free time I should take a month or two and play all the courses. The first is just gorgeous.

If you play the Senator, bring a lot of balls. Anything just off the fairway is often not findable.

senator is always my go-to when anyone tries to say the lpga players are not that good. that course is so hard, and those ladies tear it up. i am not familiar with the game they play.

I've played 5 of the sites. Senator was my favorite. I like that style of golf.

Some of the less popular sites offer fantastic bang for you buck. Cambrian Ridge and Silver Lakes were great.

After Grand National I’d jump at the chance to go back and see more of the RTJ. That was a gorgeous spot, and I really enjoyed both the scenery, and the challenge of the courses.

I’m following this guy on Twitter as he plays the Trail. Not that I needed too much convincing, but playing the rest of the Trail will happen sooner rather than later.

some great courses. We played a couple in college.

There are many good RTJ courses in Alabama and you can even buy an annual pass to play the courses. I can't remember if that was for only instate residents only though.

We did the Birmingham area courses in a trip 5 or 6 years ago. Loved all 3. Never seen anything quite like the Ridge course at Oxmoor Valley. Every hole was rising up the ridge line in front of you or falling down it in front of you off the tee. Beautiful course. Ross Bridge had the most perfect greens I have ever putted on.

I've played Grand National & loved it. Haven't been able to play any others down that way yet. But .... hopefully THP helps me with that sometime ;)

We had so much fun there a couple years ago we are heading back next month. Last trip was Ross Bridge, Pursell Farms, Grand Nat'l, Oxmoor, Capitol Hill. Great area for some really good golf!

Grand National in Opelika, Alabama is an awesome place 2 18 hole courses and an 18 hole Par 3 course....I would love to take an RV and just go from course to course right down the trail

The entire state of Alabama.

I played it for a couple of years with my older son in the early 00's. Played several courses around Grand National and later did a Southern Swing of the State.

They really did a great job in planning and executing this in the early 90s…great variety around the state. It has always amazed me how different the three courses at Capitol Hill in Prattville are given that they are all on the same plot of land.

Yes, it's a series of courses designed by Robert Trent Jones. I want to say they're all owned by the state of Alabama or something like that. It's been a while since I read the article on the trail. I'll play it one day.

I've played a lot of them. Really good bang for your buck. I think I enjoyed middle of nowhere Cambrian Ridge the most.

Grew up in Alabama and never played any of them. Hoping to fix that this year. Going to try and knock out Hampton Cove over Memorial Day Break.

I’ve played the courses at Grand National and they were great. Would love to play them all once I retire and have time.

I have wanted to go down there for a few decades but can never get the money together. One day. Just getting back into swinging the clubs after reinjuring my back so I'm gonna say within the next 2 years

Yes, it's a series of courses designed by Robert Trent Jones. I want to say they're all owned by the state of Alabama or something like that. It's been a while since I read the article on the trail. I'll play it one day.

They're owned by the Retirement Systems of Alabama. In short, a diversification of the pension fund.

While the brainchild of it is a University of Alabama person and therefore I should hate him, I must admit I admire him. How you go to the governing body of a retirement pension fund and convince them that building a dozen golf courses around the state is a great use of retirement assets, I have no idea. Dude has brass ones.

Whether it has turned out to be a net positive or negative for the retirement fund, I do not know but it certainly has benefited golfers.

that looks awesome!
googleing distance now!

I lived in AL for 20 years and have played all but one of the courses. Cambrian Ridge, that sits between Montgomery and Mobile in the middle of no where, is my favorite.

that one is so awesome. i made a drive over there one summer, and just had the best time. i need to go back!

that one is so awesome. i made a drive over there one summer, and just had the best time. i need to go back!
LMK, looks like a blast.

Back