Recipe Recipe of the Week - One Pan Ground Chicken and Brussels Sprouts

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
On this weeks episode of The Worst Golf Podcast I shared with you a super easy Asian inspired dish. Below is the full recipe, but note that you can use any type of ground meat you would like. I like to serve this over brown rice.

One-Pan Ground Chicken and Brussels Sprouts
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Servings: Yield: 4 servings Source: withthewoodruffs.com
Screen Shot 2022-10-27 at 1.53.46 PM.png
Ingredients
1 pound Ground Chicken (97/3)
10 oz Shaved Brussels Sprouts*
1 Tablespoon (16g) Olive Oil or Sesame Oil

For the Sauce:
3 Tablespoons (63g) Honey
3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
2 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt

DIRECTIONS
Mix the sauce ingredients together. Set aside.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil (or sesame oil if you prefer for more flavor) and the brussels sprouts, Sauté for 4-5 minutes and transfer to a bowl. (If you're using halved brussels sprouts, cook a few minutes longer.)
Add the ground chicken to the skillet. Brown one side until golden brown before breaking apart and fully cooking.
Add the sauce to the cooked chicken, stirring everything together. Cook until the sauce thickens, about 1-2 minutes, before turning off the heat and adding the brussels sprouts.
Salt and pepper to taste. Serve over rice, cauliflower rice, or a blend of the two.

NOTES
*You can make shaved brussels sprouts from whole sprouts by thinly slicing with a knife, running them through a food processor fitted with a slicer, or using a mandolin. Halved brussels sprouts also work for this recipe.

NUTRITION
TOTAL FAT: 8g CARBOHYDRATES: 23g PROTEIN: 28g

This looks great. We are definitely going to be trying this one in the next few days.

Oh goodness, I just did something like this with ground turkey over noodles not rice but with the shaved brusslesprouts. Such coincidence!

We used a bag that was pre-shaved from Target, and it worked very well.

I've got a similar recipe that we used when we were deeply in the diet phase (now mostly maintenance) but still make it. I'll find it and share later - I will have to make this one to see how close they are - Sadly, mine is more steps to prepare, but one pan - so easy clean up. I like these posts @GolferGal - nice to see healthy recipes that 'push' the envelope from the ordinary.

Thanks!

This looks delicious, will have to give it a try

I love brussels sprouts. This one sounds excellent. Might add some chopped bacon and less salt for some smokey flavor too.

This sounds good

When cooking ground poultry, what is the trick to not having it turn out like little rubber pellets? I really struggle with it vs. pork or beef. I made a lasagna with it once and it was awful! Clearly I am doing something wrong.

• Admin
When cooking ground poultry, what is the trick to not having it turn out like little rubber pellets? I really struggle with it vs. pork or beef. I made a lasagna with it once and it was awful! Clearly I am doing something wrong.

Were you using super lean poultry like 99% all white meat? That is usually the reason, that or you could have overcooked it.

How does it reheat? It's just me and my 2 year old daughter, so we end up with a lot of leftovers. Looks great though! I'd probably use thinly sliced beef, closer to carne picada, as I don't much care for traditional ground meat. Imagine almost any protein would work well though.

How does it reheat? It's just me and my 2 year old daughter, so we end up with a lot of leftovers. Looks great though! I'd probably use thinly sliced beef, closer to carne picada, as I don't much care for traditional ground meat. Imagine almost any protein would work well though.

It reheats really well, I usually eat it for 3-4 days after initially cooking it. If you do sliced beef you might want to increase the sauce, not sure if that will soak up more sauce or not.

On this weeks episode of The Worst Golf Podcast I shared with you a super easy Asian inspired dish. Below is the full recipe, but note that you can use any type of ground meat you would like. I like to serve this over brown rice.

One-Pan Ground Chicken and Brussels Sprouts
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Servings: Yield: 4 servings Source: withthewoodruffs.com
View attachment 9131380
Ingredients
1 pound Ground Chicken (97/3)
10 oz Shaved Brussels Sprouts*
1 Tablespoon (16g) Olive Oil or Sesame Oil

For the Sauce:
3 Tablespoons (63g) Honey
3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
2 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt

DIRECTIONS
Mix the sauce ingredients together. Set aside.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil (or sesame oil if you prefer for more flavor) and the brussels sprouts, Sauté for 4-5 minutes and transfer to a bowl. (If you're using halved brussels sprouts, cook a few minutes longer.)
Add the ground chicken to the skillet. Brown one side until golden brown before breaking apart and fully cooking.
Add the sauce to the cooked chicken, stirring everything together. Cook until the sauce thickens, about 1-2 minutes, before turning off the heat and adding the brussels sprouts.
Salt and pepper to taste. Serve over rice, cauliflower rice, or a blend of the two.

NOTES
*You can make shaved brussels sprouts from whole sprouts by thinly slicing with a knife, running them through a food processor fitted with a slicer, or using a mandolin. Halved brussels sprouts also work for this recipe.

NUTRITION
TOTAL FAT: 8g CARBOHYDRATES: 23g PROTEIN: 28g
Yup. WANT.

This looks delicious and easy, and she loves brussels. I'm in.

I’m definitely going to try this. I just had Brussel sprouts earlier this week though so maybe next week

I will try this!

Yep i love one pan meals. Plus its wasy and quick. This will be added for a meal soon, guaranteed!

We will definitely be trying this recipe soon!!!

This sounds delicious. I love sprouts and never thought to shave them for applications like this. Will have to try it.

Ironic this popped up, I just purchased ground chicken and brussels to make this

Yay, so glad you liked it!
We may have to tweak the amount of chili garlic sauce. My wife thinks ketchup is spicy. :LOL:

I may make hers first and then add some more sauce to mine.

Making this right now will report back

6DAE87F2-8857-4DB9-830F-A853235A6B06.jpeg

I put this in a bowl with quinoa instead of rice, I’m riced out haha. It was pretty tasty. I think could definitely add some onion, maybe green onion 🤔 I ended up adding a little Sriracha on top for some more flavor but will definitely make again.

Back