Votes: 56 42.7%
  • Back pocket left side

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • Front pocket? -----weirdo

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • Don't take it off

Votes: 24 18.3%

• Total voters
No matter the front, doesn't it get wrinkled, grouped up and destroyed being in the front pocket?
I use The Claw gloves. Nothing can destroy them!!

Besides, its only in my front pocket while I'm on the putting green, and I don't keep anything else in my front right pocket.

I don't take it off.

Always a back pocket. I think usually right because thats the hand that takes it off. But I think im 70-30 on right vs left.

back left pocket. My wallet is in my right back pocket. Ball, tee and divot tool in front right pocket. Nothing in front left pocket. Right hand golfer.

I have always left my glove on for putts. If I tried to change that I'd probably end up half the time with it off and half with on.

I never take my glove off. May change as it heats up here to reduce sweat but not sure

So for those that don't take it off - do you mean don't take it off between shots or don't take it off even when putting?
I've never understood why people put on and take off their glove during a round. So yes, I keep it on even when putting.

I've never understood why people put on and take off their glove during a round. So yes, I keep it on even when putting.
I don't have a solid answer, other than like what was said above - the pro's do it so we do it. I've heard people say they think they have a better touch without a glove. I do it primarily because that's how my BIL did it and that's who I started golfing with.

Back left. Like @Jman I often have my phone in the back right

Back right every time. Front right only if I'm wearing athletic shorts that don't have back pockets

not only dont i take it 0ff, but once it gets even mildly hot and humid I wear them on both hands and never take either one off. And gotten so use to it I even often wear the two when it isnt so humid out. i wear water gloves with mesh outers. I sweat like a pig and it runs down my forearms onto my hands. I wear these gloves and dont care about grabbing water bottles or sweat or anything.

The rest of you pro emulating pocket showcasing , pin pulling , ball marking , never finish out putting, ball wiping, human rain delay wannabe's can go scratch :eek::ROFLMAO:;)....in your pockets;):)

So for those that don't take it off - do you mean don't take it off between shots or don't take it off even when putting?

I leave mine on between shots, nearly all of the time but if there's time I'll take it off when putting to give my hand a breather then toss it back on at the tee box.
I don't take mine off at all, that includes putting.

I am a bit all over the place on this one, rarely play with a glove much anymore but still do sometimes. A lot of the time i just left it on while putting, but have also done the back right or left pocket but never in front.

I take it off and put it on my bag strap when I get out of the cart. When I grab a club, I put on my glove.

Extra feel on the feel shots. Plus, if the suns out, I don’t want 1 tanned hand and 1 ghost white hand LOL.

I have experimented both ways and find I have a better connection and touch when chipping and putting both. So much so that I practiced with glove and then without for quote some time and tracked the results...it may or may not be psychosomatic but the numbers were undeniable. I average closer to pin on chips and have slightly better percentages putting so it is glove off 100% when chipping and putting.

With that said, I also tend to practice full swing with no glove. When I set out to practice it is often several hours...might be 2 hours and a hundred balls at the range, then another hour chipping and another 30-45 minutes putting...can wear out a glove real fast and I tend to wear the Kirklands which are...not durable. So that portion is a money saving action.

But to your original question...extensive experimentation showed I perform better and feel more confident in my shot with no glove from about 60 yards in.

I also pay little to not attention to what others are doing unless they are the type who gets to the tee box, stares into their cart, wanders to the back to select their club, puts their glove on at that point...yikes. It is pretty easy to put on walking off the green...lol> Old man shakes fist at sky....

I put it in my front pocket. I find back pockets are harder to access, smaller opening, tighter confines. I ain't got time for that

Normally I put it on the cart's grab handle on the roof, but if not there, then back right pocket.

Back left for me, the way old Tom Morris intended.

Usually I’m walking so I just throw it on my push cart before getting on the green.

I have experimented both ways and find I have a better connection and touch when chipping and putting both. So much so that I practiced with glove and then without for quote some time and tracked the results...it may or may not be psychosomatic but the numbers were undeniable. I average closer to pin on chips and have slightly better percentages putting so it is glove off 100% when chipping and putting.
Ive always found it strange thing when people reference they "feel" it better. Firstly I dont know how one doesnt feel the strike of the ball with a glove on cause gloves are usually skin tight anyway. . I can feel it just fine (for myself). The other thing is that feel is not a means to the strike of the ball but actually is only the result afterwards. To each his own of course. Just find the ideology a tad flawed or perhaps placebo affect. But whatever works for anyone.

Ive always found it strange thing when people reference they "feel" it better. Firstly I dont know how one doesnt feel the strike of the ball with a glove on cause gloves are usually skin tight anyway. . I can feel it just fine (for myself). The other thing is that feel is not a means to the strike of the ball but actually is only the result afterwards. To each his own of course. Just find the ideology a tad flawed or perhaps placebo affect. But whatever works for anyone.

I will presume you also don't hold your finish after a shot which is something any number of instructors recommend and for similar reasons.

I absolutely want to ingrain the feel after a solid shot. Current brain research has strongly indicated it has long term positive impacts on learning and reproducing success. Without getting too deep into the technical aspects, giving the brain the time to immediately overlap those connections appears to positively affect later efforts.

So yes, if I can reproduce the feel that led to the ball landing where I want...I am taking advantage of that at every opportunity.

Back right

I’m right handed so the back right pocket is the natural choice.

I’m not even sure so could put it in the back left due to flexibility limits, but darn you @PKorf now I’m going to have to try!

Usually put it on Velcro strip on my bag but back left if I put it in a pocket since my wallet is in my back right

Back