Votes: 56 42.7%
  • Back pocket left side

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • Front pocket? -----weirdo

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • Don't take it off

Votes: 24 18.3%

• Total voters
I will presume you also don't hold your finish after a shot which is something any number of instructors recommend and for similar reasons.

I absolutely want to ingrain the feel after a solid shot. Current brain research has strongly indicated it has long term positive impacts on learning and reproducing success. Without getting too deep into the technical aspects, giving the brain the time to immediately overlap those connections appears to positively affect later efforts.

So yes, if I can reproduce the feel that led to the ball landing where I want...I am taking advantage of that at every opportunity.
In my view of this (BTW interesting to talk about imo).

But holding a follow through (finishing the swing) is a physical action related to and a means for us to create the better shot because its a way to help insure we dont pull out of the swing or change the swing speed or direction or timing or etc. earlier (during or pre contact) . Its part of the swing. The action of the post contact swing directly relates in assuring (or trying to ensure) the better pre strike action. The hold in your case does the same thing and just adds another step because it helps ensure the post contact action of the swing is completed which in turn helps the early swing as mentioned.

You can change or shorten a follow through and its only going to affect the shot because we (most) need it in order to keep with the correct pre contact action required factors. You cant change feel because its not an action at all but only a result of an action. And every single putt is a different distance and or required speed so there is never any one single feel to shoot for anyway.

Last edited:
Back