Push Cart Mafia member?

• Hell yes!

Votes: 290 58.8%
  • I have a part time membership.

Votes: 159 32.3%
  • Hard pass.

Votes: 44 8.9%

• Total voters
My wife surprised me several Christmases ago with a ClicGear 3.0. That thing is a TANK!!! I replaced the parking brake a couple of years ago, but otherwise, it's been trouble free. I walk virtually every round I play (unless I'm playing in a scramble or outing of some kind), so I whenever this one give up the ghost, I'll be buying another one!!
The Clicgear carts are virtually indestructible. I've had mine for over 12 years and it's been trouble free the whole time. I only used it occasionally for a lot of those years, but for the last 2 1/2 years I've been walking every round except during the peak summer months when the heat is unbearable for walking. I figure I've pushed somewhere around 750-800 miles on it and it's still going strong.

I've considered picking up a Bag Boy Nitron, but it's hard for me to pull the trigger when my Clicgear is still perfectly fine and there's really no reason to replace it.

Other than events or family vacation golf I walk every round. Have a cheap two weheel cart bought for $60 5 years ago.

What helps me over the years is making sure I walk every day in the winter. Once spring opens it up, I don't have to walk into golf walking shape

And...if we keep walking, we'll keep walking.

Got my first walking round of the season in this past weekend and realized how out of shape I've gotten. Going to be walking a lot more this year!!

Got my first walking round of the season in this past weekend and realized how out of shape I've gotten. Going to be walking a lot more this year!!
Nowadays there are free apps that will track the amount of walking you do daily and over time. For example, iPhones come with the Health app that does this.

My first day with the NITRON cart and it's great. the things that stood out were the lever brake and the cup holder. Very happy with the purchase.

If I find a good deal on a push cart, I'm in. Plan to walk a lot more this year, just don't think I want it to be all carrying. I find I enjoy the game more when walking, plus the added exercise benefit makes it worth it.

I ended up going back to simply carrying the bag. I find it easier than push cart.

Before this I never considered a push cart. I thought they were for old men and women. I only carried a few times a year and I thought the cost wasn't worth it. Having played this year 3 times already and twice without one I have changed my mind. Maybe its old age, maybe its how much easier it is on your shoulders but I am absolutely enjoying walking. Definitely considering picking up a good cart when they return in stock and will be doing it more.

So to answer your question, not yet but definitely considering it

I started golf about 35 years ago as I graduated college. I think I was cheap and I was healthy so I learned to play walking. Carry bag was my norm. The few times we rode or were forced to ride, I was out of my comfort and tended to play poorly. This somehow seeded in my mind I'm distracted / out of rythem when I ride.

But, as I aged the bending for the bag, needing to carry 100oz of water, and such drove me to the push cart. if you walk enough, you might find the joy of being able to walk a course is as much as part of the experience as the swing or reading a green.

That’s the one. It’s built like a tank.
Word to the wise. While they are built like a tank, check the bolts and screws about once a year. Sometimes they get loose and you don't want a nut or bolt falling off. Then you have a mess. Other than that they are stable and bulletproof.

Word to the wise. While they are built like a tank, check the bolts and screws about once a year. Sometimes they get loose and you don't want a nut or bolt falling off. Then you have a mess. Other than that they are stable and bulletproof.
Amen. There is one screw on my Bag Boy that tends to work its way out. The first time it fell out, one of the rear wheel struts came loose. Fortunately, I located the screw and had a Phillips head screwdriver. Got the strut reattached and learned a lesson.

20240313_103358.jpeg20240313_105227.jpeg
My clicgear 3.5+. I’ve had this thing for so long I can’t remember where I got it or what I paid for it. It’s like it’s always just been here. It works like a champ and has never had any issues. I daydream sometimes about the electric carts but I still love this thing.

Btw, am I the only one who uses the umbrella in the summer as a sunshade? And know I look ridiculous but don’t care? Maybe it’s just me 😂

View attachment 9248559View attachment 9248560
My clicgear 3.5+. I’ve had this thing for so long I can’t remember where I got it or what I paid for it. It’s like it’s always just been here. It works like a champ and has never had any issues. I daydream sometimes about the electric carts but I still love this thing.

Btw, am I the only one who uses the umbrella in the summer as a sunshade? And know I look ridiculous but don’t care? Maybe it’s just me 😂
Nope. I use my umbrella for shade as well. It actually gets used the most during the summer!

Nope. I use my umbrella for shade as well. It actually gets used the most during the summer!

this reminds me to re-install my holder

Ordered my Nitron and it should arrive...sometime. Darn amazon not getting their stuff together

View attachment 9248559View attachment 9248560

The umbrella sits too low. My buddy added pvc to his but it looks bad. Maybe taller umbrellas?

Before moving from CA I had credit to use at Golf Mart so I bought one of the sunshade umbrellas, similar to this:
G4Free 54/62/68 Inch Extra Large Windproof Golf Umbrella UV Protection

But the tube for holding the umbrella on my Bag Boy Quad is too large a diameter and the thing flops around. There is no adjustment clamp or anything, so I have only used it once so far. I need to work on that before summer comes.

Before moving from CA I had credit to use at Golf Mart so I bought one of the sunshade umbrellas, similar to this:
G4Free 54/62/68 Inch Extra Large Windproof Golf Umbrella UV Protection

But the tube for holding the umbrella on my Bag Boy Quad is too large a diameter and the thing flops around. There is no adjustment clamp or anything, so I have only used it once so far. I need to work on that before summer comes.
Can you find a PVC pipe that is in between in diameter to use as a sleave?

Back