Push Cart Mafia member?

• Hell yes!

Votes: 290 58.8%
  • I have a part time membership.

Votes: 159 32.3%
  • Hard pass.

Votes: 44 8.9%

• Total voters
@Deebo76 thats part of the point. NOBODY ever walks there, but Greg (the pro) said you can if you want.
But the length of walks, and the time it takes between those groupings is long!

@Deebo76 thats part of the point. NOBODY ever walks there, but Greg (the pro) said you can if you want.
But the length of walks, and the time it takes between those groupings is long!
Ohh that's good to know. Greg is a good dude. Yeah some of the distances between holes are pretty long.

Several questions:
1. The course that I play quite frequently, Deerwood CC in Westampton NJ has quite a distance between 2 holes on 3 occasions. Between 1 & 2 about 1/4 mile. Between 10 & 11, about 1/3 mile and between 13 & 14 little less than 1/2 mile. Long walk.
Thoughts on those walks with a push cart? Too far, too much time?
2. I know people have their own opinions on what cart. I want the following: light weight, easy fold unfold, folds up to small foot print, easy on/off for the bag. I know a lot. But if I am going to walk, I want to do it right.
Thanks for the help!
My last club had a few long transitions between holes like that, and it was the reason they didn't allow walkers. A half mile is going to take you somewhere around 7-10 minutes to walk even if it's flat, and it can throw a wrench in pace of play when walkers are mixed in with carts, which can cover that distance in a fraction of the time. If I was going to walk a course like that I'd want to be playing with guys in carts and hitch a ride between those holes with the long transits.

As far as the cart itself, the Clicgear 4.0 or BagBoy Nitron both fit your wants. They both have features I like, and my ideal cart would be a hybrid between the two of them with some features from each.

Several questions:
1. The course that I play quite frequently, Deerwood CC in Westampton NJ has quite a distance between 2 holes on 3 occasions. Between 1 & 2 about 1/4 mile. Between 10 & 11, about 1/3 mile and between 13 & 14 little less than 1/2 mile. Long walk.
Thoughts on those walks with a push cart? Too far, too much time?
2. I know people have their own opinions on what cart. I want the following: light weight, easy fold unfold, folds up to small foot print, easy on/off for the bag. I know a lot. But if I am going to walk, I want to do it right.
Thanks for the help!
The Nitron is the easiest fold/unfold in the business and there is no debate on it.

If your course has long walks like that between holes, either don't walk it or only play with others that have a cart so you can hitch a ride, even if you are standing on the back and pulling your cart behind you. Otherwise, you are going to screw up the pace of play.

Absolutely freaking gorgeous day for a walk today!

PCM100423.JPG

Under 100, time to start walking again.

Well, I paused my part-time push cart mafia membership and it’s about time I go all in. I’ve gained weight and need to do something low intensity. My new golf membership is a good excuse to go full time push cart. Guess I’ll see what that Nitron do.

Under 100, time to start walking again.
It was 72° when we teed off this morning, about 85° when we finished. Glorious golf weather!

I was able to play two days in a row using my Big Max Ti Lite to move my 14 lb golf bag (everything except water for drinking) up and down a hilly nine hole executive golf course. Two great days of golf!

It is light and easy to use, but very big when folded up. I didn't care about that, as my car can carry 15cubic feet of mulch in the rear storage area.

I always walk, if the course doesn't include a cart with their green fees. Some courses charge the same regardless of whether you are walking or taking a cart. In that case, I will ride.

IMHO, there is nothing like walking a course to enjoy the whole scenery.

Last edited:
Is there anything better than walking a round in the cool fall weather!!

Is there anything better than walking a round in the cool fall weather!!
I walked 18 today and it was a bit toasty by the end of the round. I came in afterward looking like I had entered a wet t-shirt contest! :LOL:

@BB Fan Girl and I got the first walk in this last Sunday. Temps are not blistering hot so it was time.
IMG_3615.jpegIMG_3617.jpeg

Fall golf.....can't beat it.

IMG_6959.JPG

I seen some sales tags at the local big box store yesterday I probably wasn't supposed to see. I think I'm gonna have to Nitron soon.

72158454882__C9F367C5-BC76-4E46-A933-552B5B6798D3.jpeg
Got my first full 18 in with the pushcart yesterday. Actually the first time I’ve walked 18, Ive only ever walked 9. I rarely walk cause the guys I play with don’t like to but I’ll enjoy this for those few solo rounds a year.

Im always wicked muscle fatigued in my core and legs after pushing. I prefer carrying since its more natural walking with extra weight and less fatiguing vs 'pushing' the extra weight IMO. Not sure if its real but to me it feels easier to carry if you have a decent bag for it

My wife surprised me several Christmases ago with a ClicGear 3.0. That thing is a TANK!!! I replaced the parking brake a couple of years ago, but otherwise, it's been trouble free. I walk virtually every round I play (unless I'm playing in a scramble or outing of some kind), so I whenever this one gives up the ghost, I'll be buying another one!!

Last edited:
Been really nice in the Ohio Valley the last 3 weeks. Lots of walking!!! Yesterday was amazing.IMG_1505.jpeg

Just got a bag boy compact 3 and my son has a ClicGear 3. We will walk a lot more this year

Back