Polara Golf Ball Testing Review Thread

great initial thoughts dubble!!

loving the initial feedback so far. I think this is going to be a fun product to test out.

Excellent write up dubbledxu! I was thinking the same thing about a 4 man scramble where you have to get one in play off the tee then allow the rest of the group to hammer at some. I would guess that a couple of 3 piece Polaras will be in my bag at my next scramble.

Hoping to find a box in the mail today, good write ups so far guys.

Hoping to find a box in the mail today, good write ups so far guys.

haha we will take some of these bad boys out the next time we play Healy Point in Macon :D

i agree, great job so far, hopefully mine are here today or tomorrow. the driver issue kinda has me worried since i play a 9* but we will see

Ditto. I have a 9 degree also. Well see.

haha we will take some of these bad boys out the next time we play Healy Point in Macon :D

So true, I can think of several central Georgia Courses we would benefit from using the Polara :D

I can't wait for mine to arrive, I was really looking forward to taking them with me on our trip out to the mountains where we are getting married in April to give them a test run on a quick 9hole course they have up there. Unfortunately it looks like we're in the path of this major rain storm and all weekend they are calling for heavy rains, possibly 3"+ on Friday & Saturday.

Luckily next week is looking promising with no rain to get out for some testing.

Ditto. I have a 9 degree also. Well see.

I play a 9.5º driver, but I think I have a solution. Maybe teeing the ball higher will help, since that causes my driver shots to launch higher. Since the faces of most drivers have curvature from top to bottom, the effective loft of the club changes depending on where on the face contact is made. I should be getting my package today, and the weather will be ripe for ball testing this weekend. I'll definitely get out this weekend to test out some theories.

My wife let me know I got a package from THP today. To bad its raining outside. I do have three rounds scheduled for this friday and saturday.

Still waiting on my package for THP and Polara. I am a bit dissapointed to hear about the Driver issues. I play a 9 degree and my typical launch angle is about 13 degrees with a 110 swing speed. Doesn't sound good for the R11. HAHA

I play a 9.5º driver, but I think I have a solution. Maybe teeing the ball higher will help, since that causes my driver shots to launch higher. Since the faces of most drivers have curvature from top to bottom, the effective loft of the club changes depending on where on the face contact is made. I should be getting my package today, and the weather will be ripe for ball testing this weekend. I'll definitely get out this weekend to test out some theories.

Would a high launch shaft help as well?

Can't wait to get these in and try them out. Just because they are non-conforming for tournaments, they'll still be useful in the weekend money games. Maybe I can make a little money off of them.

Can't wait to get these in and try them out. Just because they are non-conforming for tournaments, they'll still be useful in the weekend money games. Maybe I can make a little money off of them.

I think it will pretty hard to use them in a money game. On the first tee we always say what ball we're playing and how we mark it. Plus, on the greens people are going to see Polara and wonder what kind of ball it is. Still, I can't wait to get mine and test them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is just perfect, we're going to Arizona to have 5 days of straight golf :clapp: I'll be taking these with me, maybe I can beat the BF :D

The mailman made me happy today, thanks again Polara & THP for this testing opportunity.

Great reviews so far! Like many people have commented before, I'm concerned about the low-lofted driver issues. I currently play an 8.5* Nike Dymo2 and struggle with a low launch angle to boot. I'm picking up a Cleveland TL310 this weekend (10.5* X-Stiff - being put together by the Cleveland Tour Van!!!!!) and will give these balls a good test to see the difference between the low lofted and higher lofted drivers.

Wow! I got my balls today, and will be going out tomorrow!

Thank you again THP and Pollara golf for the opportunity!

Couple of random thoughts from round one testing. I may have to get anal and track how many times the alignment arrow comes up after your tee shot. Maybe not directly on line for your second shot but close. Happened more times yesterday than I thought it would.

Human nature works against us sometimes. No matter how open minded I thought I was or would be, especially for my first round of testing the Polara balls I failed. I made a decision long before I even left the house as to what ball I would play on the front 9 and which I would play on the front side. My decison was based on prejudice so I wasn't really being open minded.

I went with the 3 piece Polara Ultimate Straight XS on the back because we have very small greens (average green size on the back 9 is 504.33 square feet. No, that's not a typo, 504.33 square feet) and all but one hole has elavation changes. There are 4 holes that you can see the flags but not the surface of the green due to them being elevated. Thought I would have a better chance to hold the greens with the 3 piece better than the 2 piece Ultimate Straight. So I was biased about the 2 balls before I ever put one in play. Got to do better about keeping an open mind.

The XS did extremely well during round one. Longest putt I had on the back was 4o feet and that was due to misjudging the pin position on one of the greens that you can't see the surface. Most of our local courses have a three flag system they use such as red is front pin, white is middle pin location and blue is a back pin. Our club has a 2 flag system due to the size of the greens. White is front to middle pin location and gold is middle to back. Pin was white, looked like it was a middle location but the elevation fooled me. Pin was in the front and I played it to the middle. Had 118, all uphill to the middle with the wind hurting. Hit a choke down 9 iron to 40 feet past the flag and 2 putted for par.

Will update testing with results from the front 9 once I get my son from school.

Just got my balls about 45 mins ago. Did a 45 min chipping session with them. Will post review as soon as I get out of shower.

I think it will pretty hard to use them in a money game. On the first tee we always say what ball we're playing and how we mark it. Plus, on the greens people are going to see Polara and wonder what kind of ball it is. Still, I can't wait to get mine and test them out.

The group I play with is really a laid back group. They couldn't care less if I was playing with a putt-putt ball. We don't play for much money either. That being said, I checked the mail at lunch and saw where mine came in. I'll be putting them in play this weekend to try them out.

Got the package today! I will be able to grab 9 on Friday. I am really excited to see these things in action.

Just recieved em in the mail today, once I figure out how to post pics I will do so..I work at a school so I took these out to field and hit some wedges..

Initial thoughts: very hard, a lot harder then the Cally's im playing now..I hit about 30 shots each with the 2-piece and the xs..and my current ball, Callway i(s) alternating balls...

2-Piece: arrow pointed in direction as per the directions..Did notice the Polara to about 2-4 yard online as opposd to the cally, however, I did not notice a big difference in yardage, actually the polara ball was about 5 yards shorter on avg. I tried to work a few (left-right, right-left) with little success..Spin as directed I placed the arrow perpindicular to my target line..again average spin nothing like the Cally..I still the cally wedges with md grooves but could not get them to spin as much, as someone else posted they are almost stop and drop..one other thing to note, I was not able to hit the ball as high as my cally..to be honest they felt a little like range balls.

xs: as above followed directions..very similar results maybe a little tigheter dispersion rate then the 2-piece, distance was comparable to the cally ball. I was able to work the ball a little but not too much (this is the point of the self-correcting I would assume). The xs did seem to spin a bit more then 2-piece ball, still not as much as the cally but the ball did spin back, not the drop and stop as the 2-piece is...This ball did go higher then 2-piece as well..

For those that might ask we have our field set-up for short game practice for the golf team (its usually a soccer field).. take a chalk line out about 115 yards on center and two parallel lines about 10 yards apart..

More to come as I take it out to the course to give it a full workout..

Mine should be in the mailbox today as DawgDaddy got his. The weather is so nasty that I will have to wait until KellyBo gets home to take a peak at them. No walking to the mailbox for me in this nasty weather. I will be putting them in play Friday, Saturday, & Sunday. KellyBo will get a chance to put in her 2 cents if she opts to. Looking forward to all the reviews forthcoming and adding my opinions.

Back