Polara Golf Ball Testing Review Thread

I ordered two boxes today. Will post my opinion once I have a chance to try them out.

I ordered two boxes today. Will post my opinion once I have a chance to try them out.
I noticed the faster the clubhead speed, the weirder the performance. HATES driver. 3W ok. LOVES Hybrids.

When you get them, tell me if you notice the same thing. When I hit it with a driver, it goes about 100 yds and dives straight to the ground.

When you get them, tell me if you notice the same thing. When I hit it with a driver, it goes about 100 yds and dives straight to the ground.

Does it go straight...??

They only work with a 15* or higher launch angle. I still have some and I'll play a round to mess with my buddies every once in awhile. I just hit 3 wood off the tee. The 3 wood has a great high flight and then rolls for days, so I actually get a little more distance than usual. I can break par no problem with these things. I guess because I know it's going to go dead straight I'm not worried and I always end up flushing them. I know many say they don't stop on the greens, but from 6 iron down I don't have a problem getting them to stop. If you're coming in with anything longer than that you have to play for some roll though. I think I was one of the only that enjoyed these balls. Obviously you can't use the scores towards your cap, but if you want to go have a fun round and drink a few beers while you're playing these things are awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They only work with a 15* or higher launch angle.

Ahh, not being privvy to the original testing and not reading the entire 800 post thread, I didn't know this, thanks.
But I can certainly see where this is true based on how well I hit from 15-24 degrees.
And I seriously plan on using these to mess with a guy that constantly ribs me because he's old, has a worse swing, but usually beats me. :devil:

I had a chance to play the XS today. I'm sold. I'm so happy I went ahead and ordered two boxes of these just based on the reviews here. I shot a 107 which is amazing for me. They flat out work.

Driving: They work very, very well. I did have the low ball flight others have mentioned. I use a 10.5 Cobra S2 driver and the ball stayed low off the tee. However, I found that it seemed to roll a mile. I would often see it land in then lose sight of it. When I would drive up to where it landed, it was never there. It was always much farther down the fairway than I expected. I didn't have any of the big slices that have plagued me in the past. Just to see how much the ball was working, on a short par 4 with a big elevated tee, I took a shot with the Polara and another with some random Titleist I had in the bag. The Polara went around 250 and just off the right edge of the fairway. The Titleist went around 25 yards further, but it was all the way in the center of the next fairway over, about 30 yards to the right of the Polara. I'll take short and in play over long and in the wrong fairway every time.

All other clubs: I didn't seem to notice any distance loss on any other club. The slice control seemed to work well on these as well. I'm a hack so I didn't notice any change in the amount of spin I got going into the greens nor did I notice any problem or "feel" issues with putting.

I lost one ball in 18 holes. I rushed a swing off the tee and hit a worm-burner into a small creak. It was completely my fault and nothing would have fixed that.

All in all, I'd say these are exactly what I needed and I'm the perfect target audience. I had much more fun on this round than on other rounds where I battle my slice. I'd highly recommend these to folks who struggle with the curve ball. It really does make the game more fun. When I'm better, I'll likely switch back to other balls, but for now, I'll be playing Polara all the time.

I had a chance to play the XS today. I'm sold. I'm so happy I went ahead and ordered two boxes of these just based on the reviews here. I shot a 107 which is amazing for me. They flat out work.

Driving: They work very, very well. I did have the low ball flight others have mentioned. I use a 10.5 Cobra S2 driver and the ball stayed low off the tee. However, I found that it seemed to roll a mile. I would often see it land in then lose sight of it. When I would drive up to where it landed, it was never there. It was always much farther down the fairway than I expected. I didn't have any of the big slices that have plagued me in the past. Just to see how much the ball was working, on a short par 4 with a big elevated tee, I took a shot with the Polara and another with some random Titleist I had in the bag. The Polara went around 250 and just off the right edge of the fairway. The Titleist went around 25 yards further, but it was all the way in the center of the next fairway over, about 30 yards to the right of the Polara. I'll take short and in play over long and in the wrong fairway every time.

All other clubs: I didn't seem to notice any distance loss on any other club. The slice control seemed to work well on these as well. I'm a hack so I didn't notice any change in the amount of spin I got going into the greens nor did I notice any problem or "feel" issues with putting.

I lost one ball in 18 holes. I rushed a swing off the tee and hit a worm-burner into a small creak. It was completely my fault and nothing would have fixed that.

All in all, I'd say these are exactly what I needed and I'm the perfect target audience. I had much more fun on this round than on other rounds where I battle my slice. I'd highly recommend these to folks who struggle with the curve ball. It really does make the game more fun. When I'm better, I'll likely switch back to other balls, but for now, I'll be playing Polara all the time.

You'll probably get more distance and definitely more carry if you use 3 wood instead of driver with these balls. Glad to hear you enjoyed them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't notice any problem with ball flight with my driver. I got the normal carry that I normally get out, albeit a little bit lower.

Shortly after I purchased these, I decided to get serious about my game and trying to improve it. I barried these in my bag and forgot about them. When I was playing with my buddy who doesn't get to play much, I found them in my bag. We both started playing at the same time. But when i started getting serious, he started playing less due to work. He makes good contact most of the time, and is a pretty decent putter. But his slice puts him in a bad position more often than not.

I asked him if he wanted to try them out at the turn, after he posted a 55 front nine. He played them on the back and was shocked at how well they worked. He hit the majority of fairways on the back nine, and it really turned his game around. He got tired and collapsed on the last two holes, posting a combined 4 over on those two holes, but still managed to post a 47, which is his best 9 ever. It made the game much less frustrating for him, and really sped up our pace of play.

If you are a casual golfer who is really just wanting to enjoy yourself out on the course, but lack the time to really focus on improving your swing, I think this is a great product. Since I have been hellbent on becoming a good player, its no longer a crutch I care to lean on, but I really believe this product has a place in a certain consumers bag.

I still wouldn't rule out using it if I was going to play with a good group of golfers on a busy weekend on a TIGHT course. It would allow me to save the frustration of being the only one hunting for balls in the right rough all day.

Out for my third round with the Polara. I still love them. I've gotten better at hitting them off the tee and had a number of shots today that were dead straight down the center of the fairway. On a few holes where I needed to make sure I got the ball up, I did use a 3 wood and had excellent results.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but the XS seems to work better for me. I seem to get better shots using it but I'm not consistent enough to know if the ball works better for me or if I just happen to hit better shots. Next time I'll try using one for the front and the other for the back and see what that shows.

Glad its working for you Grom. I think its a great product, and it sounds like you are the target audience for it. Allows you to enjoy playing golf while focusing on keeping your eye on the ball and making consistent swings with solid contact. Hope it continues to work for you.

Playing today, one in our group had a few of these to play around with. He decided to set up with one on a par 3. Nice swing, followed by one of the funniest duck hooks I have ever seen. We all laughed for a while, I told him it must take a God awful swing to duck hook an illegal ball thats made to only go straight.

And yes, the alignment arrow was pointed straight at the flag.

I bought a sleeve of Polara balls, not the Ultimate ones. They hit fairly straight but nowhere near as long as what I usually play. I can't see myself hitting these again.

Hello everyone, I just joined THP and read through through this forum on the testing of the Polara Golf Ultimate Straight Self-Correcting golf balls. I am an Account Manager for the company and wanted to thank those involved in the testing. The testing was a while back so I hope this finds you well. Apologies for the late participation but as they say, better late than never.

First of all, major thanks goes out to Josh and the rest of the THP staff for administering the test. As I read through all of the posts it became quickly evident that these guys really care about how these campaigns go and reward those who test the product thoroughly with praise and appreciation. Being a new company in the golf industry, there is nothing more valuable than receiving unsolicited, positive, and sometimes critical, word of mouth. THP allowed us that pleasure on grand scale.

I'd also like to thank all of the members picked to participate in the testing and posting their results in the forum. From what I have read, our product was afforded a fair test by most and was given an open minded assessment based on at least 9 holes of play. Many of you played a full round (or more), which we do suggest doing when playing our golf balls for the first time. This allows the golfer to "warm up" to the product and experience most situations that arise while playing this wonderful and sometimes frustrating game. Many of you certainly had great success with our product from the very beginning, while some needed several holes, and then some, to realize and adapt to the nuances of the golf balls and see their results improve. Of course, some did not and may never see improvements in the their experience while playing with our product. As the majority of you continually and accurately noted, The Ultimate Straight Self-Correcting technology is not designed to help everyone. It is a USGA non-conforming and can not legally be used in USGA sanctioned tournaments and/or rounds used to determine a USGA handicap. That being said, for the 85% of golfers who play in neither, does it really matter?

Which finally brings me to those of you who purchased their own Polara golf balls, either as a result of the interest from reading this forum or from the enjoyment attained while playing with them in a test round. The company created the technology as an affordable alternative to help those who only play golf for the shear enjoyment of the game. And even more for those, in that category, who do not possess the physical ability to excel at golf, and/or enough time and/or money to invest in developing their skill to a level that allows them to thoroughly enjoy the game. By purchasing from us or our, now many, participating dealers around the US and world, you allow us to continue forming ideas, fabricating prototypes, researching and testing, and eventually developing unique products for promoting the game of golf to all.

The comments were a blast to read and the feedback was priceless. To the dismay of many (or gratitude) I am not going to respond, at this time, to the many individual posts that stood out to me while reading about the results of the testing. I will however respond to the most common concern with our product during testing.

Distance off the tee - Many of you reported that, while the golf ball indeed flew, if not completely, relatively straight, resulting in more fairways hit, it came up shorter than what you are accustomed to with the golf ball you usually play. This is not uncommon when using the ball for the first time and, as I said before, it sometimes takes several holes or rounds to become efficient at, let's say, following the directions that come with the purchase and use of the golf ball. And to re-iterate, The Ultimate Straight Golf Balls are not designed for everyone that was included in the test. The technology was mainly created for those who have an issue with the dreaded slice suffering from either a steep, out-to-in golf swing or an extremely open club face at impact or both. Of course, the technology naturally works on hooks as well. The success in helping these particular golfers relies on each and every dimple in the golf ball design to simultaneously do it's own specific job.

The shallow dimples around the equator of the golf ball lowers the maximum lift while establishing the correct spin axis and is a major part of the equation. At the same time, when it comes to The Polara Ultimate Straight golf balls, they are also big factor in determining the distance off the tee. Although the deeper dimples of the design help to compensate any loss of distance with lower drag sometimes it may not be enough.

For those with the steep, out-to-in, swing path the result is a desirably lower, more boring ball flight causing no loss of distance. In many cases, the result will be a longer drive because of the elimination of their slice and ballooning golf ball effect.

Some golfers will have a fairly proper swing path, but for one reason or another, leave the club face open at impact, causing a fade that, on bad days, exaggerates to the point of becoming a slice. As they will certainly benefit from keeping a few Ultimate Straight golf balls in their bag, they would likely prefer to do so without sacrificing distance off the tee. You should be ok if you hit a 10.5 degree driver. If, for whatever reason, the resulting ball flight is too low, teeing your Ultimate Straight a little higher, as if hitting with the wind, will help to catch the golf ball more on the up swing helping to create proper launch angle.

For those who normally hit a draw that, again on bad days, turns into a minor hook, the previous solution of teeing it higher will help with distance when hitting The Polara. In addition, the flatter swing and/or a slightly closed club face that comes with a draw or minor hook, in combination with the shallow dimples, causes a less than desirable, lower than usual ball flight resulting in drives that seemingly plummet to the ground directly after getting air born (referred to as a knuckle ball by some). These factors will dictate the use of an even higher lofted driver like a 12 or 14 degree in order to start the golf ball on the proper launch angle and maintain distance.

Take the above recipe and add an extremely closed club face and you then have the golfers who are constantly fighting a hook. In this case, to maximize distance, hitting the Polara with a 3-wood is normally in order to compensate for the lack of loft and needed launch angle.

Hopefully I've covered the majority of situations when distance is an issue while hitting The Polara Ultimate Straight Self-Correcting golf balls. I also hope that those who have benefited from using theirs will continue doing so and others who may benefit, but were deterred by a decrease in driving distance, will use the suggestions and give us another try and put a few in your bag for those "bad days" on the course.

In regards to any other issues you may have, don't hesitate to contact me directly or respond to this post with you issue. I will be happy to try and help.

Thanks for the post, I think you have a great product on your hands. I think the product is great for those who struggle and are looking to maximize their enjoyment on the golf course. The guy at my local shop heavily endorses your product. For the person who just wants to get out and play, it can really make the day less frustrating.

From reading the reviews I think this is a great product and I'll go buy some for my wife to try out. Being 200 yards in the fairways is always better than 225 in the woods so if this ball does take a couple yards off to keep the ball in play then it's a worthy trade off!

i have played the ball before and yes, it helped me off the tee. it works.

however, i am always kinda shy to announce i am using one. hence, only bought a few sleeves and none since.

however, i am always kinda shy to announce i am using one. hence, only bought a few sleeves and none since.
I tried, and failed, to remove the lettering on the two I have this weekend. The way I played Sunday (only 8.5 holes if that tells you anythig), I need them until I feel better about my swing right now. :)

I actually found one of these during our round yesterday, I gave it to a fellow in our group who slices most of his shots and told him about aligning the arrow before teeing off with the Polara, I will ask him in a couple of weeks how he liked it.

I actually found one of these during our round yesterday, I gave it to a fellow in our group who slices most of his shots and told him about aligning the arrow before teeing off with the Polara, I will ask him in a couple of weeks how he liked it.

Can't wait to hear what he thinks of it. I enjoyed the testing of this, but the ball was not for me. I did lose distance, not all that much and it was straight, I just hated the feel of the ball. I let a buddy hit one and he just crushed the ball, surprised the heck out of me. He ended up buying some and played them all summer with great results.

I believe for many these could add more enjoyment to the game. For me however, the fact that they're not "legal" will keep me from trying or using them.

I have a couple sleeves of these that I am going to play around with next year.

I played with a sleeve of these yesterday with permission and disclosure to my playing partners. What I found was that it went straight for me but with a reduction in distance. I hit the driver about 235 for a 40 yard loss, the 8 iron showed no loss of distance on a par 3 of 150, and the 3 hybrid was 210 for a 20 yard loss.

I judged the distance change by hitting my E7 first and then the Polara. Again, my partners knew what I was doing and why. They tried it as well with similar results and were impressed with the engineering but like me can't use it except as a novelty.

This ball for me felt like a rock off the tee (I hate balls that are not really soft!) and I lost a about 25 yards off the drive. Now the second shot is the fun part. I did not line the ball up again and hit it as it lies with the arrow about 60 yards off of the hole. The first half if the flight, it wobbled around and balloned till it got spinning straight. Then it dropped. Straight down. Chipping was a disater as were putts when not lined up. DO NOT play this ball without lining up the arrows. It is a recipe for disaster.

I was going through my crate of golf stuff the other day. I got a dozen earlier this year to test and still have 2 sleeves of these that went unused- one sleeve of 2-piece and one 3-piece.

If there's anybody that wants to try these out that didn't get to during the testing, PM me your address and I'll send them to you.

So I registered an account here just so I could thank everyone who wrote reviews for these balls.

I haven't golfed in 10 years. Haven't even swung a club. I went to the driving range a few weeks ago. I had fun clobbering the range ballast, but I recognized that they were spraying everywhere. Not surprising. I was never all that good to begin with.

I was offered a good deal on 3 dozen of the XS balls recently. I came across this thread while searching for real info on these balls. Obviously the claims made by the manufacturer couldn't be trusted. They were just too good to be true.

I got a chance to play with these today, and holy cow are they telling the truth! But first... I went to the driving range an hour before tee time to hit a bucket. Again, fun to clobber those range balls, but they were all over the range. Hooks, slices, push, pull. I painted the whole range white.

I was really anxious to walk up to that first tee with my brother and father. I told them I was playing a special ball to see if it worked. I teed it up, swung, and clobbered the ball... and it went dead straight. It was about a foot into the rough, but it went right where I aimed it, just further than i really expected.

My brother stepped up and hooked his into the water. As we walked down the fairway, I handed him an XS and told him to use it off the next tee. Next tee comes and I clobber another one, dead straight, but this time a foot into the left rough. My brother clobbers one dead straight into the fairway, the exact same distance I hit for.

Same deal on the 3rd hole. By this time, we were both believers. On the 4th hole, the tee is sloped back, so you kind of are leaning backwards. Well, I clobbered another one that launched high and straight and about 25 yards short of the green I the rough. My brother hit a popup that went straight... into the woods. First lost Polara.

He lost another later in the woods, too. But it was straight. I did not lose a single ball. That has never happened before, in my life.

These balls fly straight. I think between the 2 of us, we managed to get them to fade twice, and only barely.

These balls made golf be not a chore. We hardly ever had to hunt for a ball. It was great. I can't wait to get out again.

Thanks Hackers!

Back