Ping i20 Irons Review - Forum Testing Review Thread

Let's not forget Griff's absolutely awesome pre-irons prep that he's planned. Very nice. Looking forward to how the PING Performance Sheet and the impact tape will steer your testing.

Jman - there's NEVER too much information that you can throw out - you've been killing it and it's only been a day.

Wow, I must admit, I've been blown away by this start Jman. One of the best, if not the best, unboxing vids I've seen, and a ton of great info and pics to back it up. I've learned so much more about Ping's business already and the WRX dept really has me impressed. Loving the custom grinds on the wedges, that's one bit I'm going to be paying attention to.

Griff, love the idea of noting down your specific pre-test plans. I know first hand how plans jump in and out of your head as you're trying to get the most of of testing, and this is a great start dude.

Thanks for the kinds words everyone, its just the start though!

Its 80* and overcast and I'll be on course in 3 hours!!! WHOO!

Great initial video and pictures. Thanks for going trough all the options and specs and an awesome write up. Can't wait to read more.

Great start to the thread, Jman!

Thanks for jumping in everyone. The tape and sheets should help me let you guys and gals know exactly what these are doing. I'll fill the sheet out during the round, scan it, and post it up.

If there's anything specific anyone wants to see now is a great time to ask. We're doing this for you after all.

Thanks for jumping in everyone. The tape and sheets should help me let you guys and gals know exactly what these are doing. I'll fill the sheet out during the round, scan it, and post it up.

If there's anything specific anyone wants to see now is a great time to ask. We're doing this for you after all.

I really like this idea Griff. Looking forward to seeing how these work out for you.

Wow is all I can say Jman. Amazing initial thoughts and write ups.

Wow guys way to bring it already! Looking forward to this thread!

Thanks for the kinds words everyone, its just the start though!

Its 80* and overcast and I'll be on course in 3 hours!!! WHOO!

Um... you've got people refreshing this thread, so you just might as well leave now. :act-up:

Jman - Great walkthrough of the thougth processes and selections. Ping WRX sure does offer a lot of options.

I'm thinking of ordering Swingbyte to maybe get some more info for the testing(if they release it in the next few months). What do you guys think?

I'm thinking of ordering Swingbyte to maybe get some more info for the testing(if they release it in the next few months). What do you guys think?

I think its be incredibly helpful if it works like they advertise. But it could also be incredibly hurtful if it doesn't work like they advertise. :bomb:

Great unboxing video. Very nice to see all the custom specs u have!

I hit these irons today and I am thoroughly impressed! I was hitting a few drivers and I saw a 5 iron sitting in the hitting bay next to me. It was a stiff flex so I grabbed it and took aim at a flag about 200 yards away and boom! It was impressive! Such an easy 5 iron to hit. They grabbed me the PW and the 3 iron and I was very impressed with all of the irons. These look amazing and feel amazing! I hadn't even given any consideration to replacing my irons, but these are super impressive!

They certainly are DT. I think a lot of people would be shocked at how easy these are and how nice they feel.

I hit these irons today and I am thoroughly impressed! I was hitting a few drivers and I saw a 5 iron sitting in the hitting bay next to me. It was a stiff flex so I grabbed it and took aim at a flag about 200 yards away and boom! It was impressive! Such an easy 5 iron to hit. They grabbed me the PW and the 3 iron and I was very impressed with all of the irons. These look amazing and feel amazing! I hadn't even given any consideration to replacing my irons, but these are super impressive!

Finally got caught up on this one. Great info and videos Jman! Can't wait to see how this testing goes.

I know there is another i20 thread so if non testers are getting these in soon do we post unboxing pics on this thread too? Or go to the other i20 thread so as not to steal the tester's thunder so early in the thread?

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.

Jman's intro needs be posted in the how to do a review thread if it has not already made its way there.

I gave them props in there

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Jman's intro needs be posted in the how to do a review thread if it has not already made its way there.
I feel such pressue now to impress with my video Friday night :act-up:

Nicely done Jman. I'm so ready to see what WRX did with my irons!

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.

Don't dude. Be yourself and I have zero doubts you are going to kill it in here. Cant wait to see you hitting these Sunday!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Wow. Fantastic un-boxing and walk through of your set up, JMAN. I have never gamed Ping, but from I have always been told, they go above the rest to ensure your sticks are fit for you. It really says a lot about their custom department, allowing you to step into what you know works for you, in the C-Taper, DG Spinner and NDMC (sand paper, as I DO call it). I honestly figured you guys would be getting the Ping stock offerings, which I think TC and others have said is a damn good stock steel shaft. Very high marks to Ping for allowing you to customize. The i20's are sexy as hell. If they perform half as good as they look, Ping has a real winner on it's hands here.

I feel such pressue now to impress with my video Friday night :act-up:

No pressure bro, you are going to knock it out the park as all of you are! We have no doubt.

Back