PGA Tour Pros in Shorts?

If they want to wear shorts let them ask for it properly. I don't want to hear a guy that makes 6 figures ever year to play a sport complain that it is hot, I wear long sleeves and pants everyday with an extra 50lbs of gear everyday in 110+ heat for 1/10th of the pay. Yes I signed the contract and volunteered to do it, but I still don't think that these pro's should be complaining about how easy they really do have it.

Yeah rich people! Take the money and like it! You make too much money to consider comfort or such frivolous things as "heat exhaustion". There are people that make less than you and therefore you have no say in the condition in which you make a living! And for my strongest argument...I'm hot at work presently so you should be too.

:banghead:

Cuttoffs or cargo shorts - no. Nice looking khaki shorts or whatever else I'm all for it. They already wear gaudy pink or orange pants and we accept that as "professional dress"?

It's going to be a long while before they allow shorts on tour....which in my opinion is okay. It's always been endured and the guys have played through it. At 114 degrees....They shouldn't be out there playing anyway. I think it should be more focused on, it's above a set certain tempurature so we're going to have a heat delay rather than have shorts on because I don't think wearing shorts will really matter much at 100, 110 or 114. Also, when you're not carrying your bag and you have water and food waiting for you on every hole.... you can easily stay hydrated and nourished. Pants will stand for now.

Yeah rich people! Take the money and like it! You make too much money to consider comfort or such frivolous things as "heat exhaustion". There are people that make less than you and therefore you have no say in the condition in which you make a living! And for my strongest argument...I'm hot at work presently so you should be too.

I'm all for shorts on the tour. Obviously you are too. Why don't you try not being a clown and attacking people's opinion when you argue your point though.

Have a nice day... :thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

If they let shorts on the tour, then companies might stop putting technology dollars towards making pants more breathable. So for that reason and that reason alone I say, let them wear pants, and I will reap the benefits of keeping their tour staff cool.

TTing

They should get to wear shorts and face paint. Most already look like clowns.

I don't think I'm ready to see Craig stadler in shorts!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

Actually, he was pointing out that, despite the whining, one can function just fine with long pants on in extreme heat.

After going into combat with long pants and sleeves in a desert, listening to a golfer (edit: ANY golfer, rich, poor, type or hacker) who doesn't even carry his clubs whine like a b*tch about how they have to wear pants makes me want to call the waaaaaaaaambulance.

Actually, he was pointing out that, despite the whining, one can function just fine with long pants on in extreme heat.

After going into combat with long pants and sleeves in a desert, listening to a golfer (edit: ANY golfer, rich, poor, type or hacker) who doesn't even carry his clubs whine like a b*tch about how they have to wear pants makes me want to call the waaaaaaaaambulance.

I completely missed what mayday1775 was hinting at. His rather blatant clues were skimmed over by myself. My post was about pants and golfers, period. In no way did I intend to make light of the conditions of his service.

I hate that attitude, I appreciate what you do, and I don't doubt it is miserably hot. It has no bearing on professional golfers. I too wear long pants, and extremely heavy and hot gear in very hot weather, and still think the pros should wear shorts.

I vote yes for shorts. Make this a poll!

I completely missed what mayday1775 was hinting at. His rather blatant clues were skimmed over by myself. My post was about pants and golfers, period. In no way did I intend to make light of the conditions of his service.

Its completely fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and that is why "we" do what "we" do. I have no problem with the pro's wanting to wear shorts, if they bring it up through the PGA and not "complain" through the media where the fan can see and hear it. But they way I do see it is that is their chosen profession and that is what their uniform is for that profession, if you cannot deal with the manner that is run then you shouldn't be in it.

I hate that attitude, I appreciate what you do, and I don't doubt it is miserably hot. It has no bearing on professional golfers. I too wear long pants, and extremely heavy and hot gear in very hot weather, and still think the pros should wear shorts.

While your opinion (and, FWIW, mine) is that they SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO WEAR SHORTS, their current job situation is one where they are not allowed to. The tweat in the OP is just acting like a wuss. Do your job in the attire required or STFU and golf somewhere else in shorts.

It's the whiny nature of the "rebellion" that turns me off, not the idea of them wearing shorts.

I am required to show up and work in a certain color of scrubs tomorrow. I would sound no more or less whiny if I tweated all my co-workers and told them to wear patterned or different colored scrubs.

I know I'm new this forum but I still have an opinion. I believe that where long pants is part of the uniform, as in certain sports long pants, helmets, pads and/or other gear is required. It may get hot and it's understandable that certain player might want to wet shorts. Baseball gets very hot too. They are required to wear pants. It's part of the sport. I myself do not wear shorts on a golf course. I wear pants and I play in Florida, 90+ temps and 100% humidity. It's just part of the game. Just my 2 cents

I have never played a round in pants. So I wouldn't mind seeing the players in shorts.

I've walked a hilly course in intense heat and humidity while wearing a pair of thick cut chinos. While I do think they should be allowed to wear shorts, I don't feel a whole lot of sympathy for the whiners. It isn't that bad.

Why not let them wear shorts? It isn't like in baseball where you might slide or dive.

Who knows it might speed a round up if you only have to take your shoes off and not your pants to hit that ball out of the water.

i say yes to the shorts on PGA tour as well,because if they can allow the ladies of the LPGA to wear anything (Skirts,Shorts or Long pants),then what's the harm of the men wearing shorts,to me it's a freedom of choice thing!

Last edited:
And they arent wearing chinos. Their wearing sport fabric that breathes just like shorts in the summer.
I've walked a hilly course in intense heat and humidity while wearing a pair of thick cut chinos. While I do think they should be allowed to wear shorts, I don't feel a whole lot of sympathy for the whiners. It isn't that bad.

Back