Looks good, did you paint over the old paint, or remove it first?

I did paint over the old paint. Gave it soap and scrub with toothbrush first. 2 coats of the yellow on the sight lines. If it looks funny later on, I'll go and remove everything. As for now, not bad looking.

Here is the Scotty all stripped and getting ready for a paint job for the person buying.

a6890e7c-b6da-99e9.jpg

a6890e7c-b726-5146.jpg

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

SETHO and everybody trying this have inspired me to give it a go on a Scott that I want to change to blue. Will have to give this a shot. Really cool customization.

TapAhoy!

SETHO and everybody trying this have inspired me to give it a go on a Scott that I want to change to blue. Will have to give this a shot. Really cool customization.

TapAhoy!

Best of luck SMG! I cant wait to see how it turns out. First goes are usually a bit rough, but you can always start over. It is addicting.

Alright, today while watching FI Open online. I was paint filling my old putter. I went with Testors dark blue & flat yellow. On the sole the "940" looked like it had a gold color, but I stuck the yellow in there. "MIZUNO" didn't look worn or faded, but gave it a coat anyways. The original paint on the sight lines was dark blue and didn't really stand out . Thought of white, but went with the yellow also. The lines really popped out. Alignment should be no probs when I putt.

Wow, that yellow pops. Good job.

Here's my first run on my Odyssey White Ice 9. Used dark blue and white. Mixed the two for the lighter blue. Not 100% happy with the lighter blue, but was thinking ice. Dark blue in the groove on bottom with white tips on icicles.

Very cool. I am currently letting the "True Blue" enamel paint dry in the "CG" logo part of my 588 and then I just need to clean it up. Anything you guys have found that works well for cleaning up the edges of small paint filled areas?

Very cool. I am currently letting the "True Blue" enamel paint dry in the "CG" logo part of my 588 and then I just need to clean it up. Anything you guys have found that works well for cleaning up the edges of small paint filled areas?

I used a cut up tshirt and a little acetone

Q-tip with acetone or a paper towel without a bunch of ridges.

Started stripping the paint from my Scratch 53*, and Callaway X Tour 3 wood. I will be adding some red paint fill to both. Hopefully will get some pictures up today.

Wow, that yellow pops. Good job.

Thanks Nextgen. It's the only club I'll do. The rest of my (basically new) clubs just need a cleaning for the upcoming season. And thanks to our THP members helpful tips, we can do up our clubs nicely.

This is kind of and end of an era post. I put the final paint job on the scotty and i am sending it off tomorrow.

Edit: this was before cleanup so there is some paint outside the lines.

a6890c97-c14f-ffb6.jpg

a6890c97-c162-69dd.jpg

sending it off in style. I like it

That putter has seen plenty of different designs and they always looked great, Seth. I think the green was my favorite.

I can't wait to put that blue to work.
This thread will come in handy if I ever want to get that Scotty a new look.

This is kind of and end of an era post. I put the final paint job on the scotty and i am sending it off tomorrow.

Edit: this was before cleanup so there is some paint outside the lines.

a6890c97-c14f-ffb6.jpg

a6890c97-c162-69dd.jpg

Great job, love the color.

Thanks guys. The green was my favorite as well.

Kinda wish I'd have bought your Scotty and kept it for the sake of this thread. I'll never foget seeing your WITB post and I told you I thought I'd be like seeing Vegas in a golf bag...I laughed at myself so hard!

Kinda wish I'd have bought your Scotty and kept it for the sake of this thread. I'll never foget seeing your WITB post and I told you I thought I'd be like seeing Vegas in a golf bag...I laughed at myself so hard!

haha, yeah. I am going to miss putting this thing on here because I don't think I could bring myself to change my bettinardi. I imagine I will have something to change in the future.

A lot of us have experienced this problem. There is an acetone gel you can buy. If you look back a page or two, it is mentioned. It just needs to sit on there and acetone evaporates too fast in liquid form.

You gonna post the final paintfill on the Scotty you are selling? Pedro sent me the picture, and that thing looks amazing!

You gonna post the final paintfill on the Scotty you are selling? Pedro sent me the picture, and that thing looks amazing!

I sure can. Won't look much different other than the paint will not be outside the lines. I may just redo it tonight for old times sake haha.

I keep looking at your work Seth and I love it. I need to try this on my Scotty some time soon.

I keep looking at your work Seth and I love it. I need to try this on my Scotty some time soon.

Do it bro! It is very addictive and you can paint it different colors for different times of the year. So much fun.

Do it bro! It is very addictive and you can paint it different colors for different times of the year. So much fun.

I know, I need to sac up and get it done. I have the time. My college is in a small town, where would you suggest looking for the paint? There's a Fred Meyers here, would a place like that have it? Or simply a craft or hobby store?

Back