J38 iron before
aeffcf94-7924-65b7.jpg

After
aeffcf94-7934-cd90.jpg

Have some touching up to do

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Krack, they look DOPE!!!

Nice work Matty, like the yellow look

What kind of Klean Strip is the best? I'm at Home Depot and there's a bunch of kinds. Is acetone or stripper or what the best? Thanks all.

What kind of Klean Strip is the best? I'm at Home Depot and there's a bunch of kinds. Is acetone or stripper or what the best? Thanks all.

I went with acetone. Hope it works lol.

To remove paint from clubs, all I use is fingernail polish remover. I think it is pretty much pure acetone.

To remove paint from clubs, all I use is fingernail polish remover. I think it is pretty much pure acetone.

actually it's like 60%, you can get pure acetone at a supermarket though... I found some "Publix" (Florida chain) brand pure acetone the other day.

Very nice work!

What do you guys use to apply the acetone to the clubs? Is paper towel okay?

Paper towel, q-tip, rag.

I tried nail polish remover today and it didn't work one bit. Going to try some "Gunk Off" tonight, we'll see if that works.

Paper towel, q-tip, rag.

Thanks.

I think my CG11 is acetone-proof lol. I've been trying to get the paint off it for 25 minutes and nothing. It worked great on one of my putters, but not this wedge. Odd.

Thanks.

I think my CG11 is acetone-proof lol. I've been trying to get the paint off it for 25 minutes and nothing. It worked great on one of my putters, but not this wedge. Odd.

A lot of us have experienced this problem. There is an acetone gel you can buy. If you look back a page or two, it is mentioned. It just needs to sit on there and acetone evaporates too fast in liquid form.

A lot of us have experienced this problem. There is an acetone gel you can buy. If you look back a page or two, it is mentioned. It just needs to sit on there and acetone evaporates too fast in liquid form.

Fantastic, thanks. I'll definately have to look into that. Didn't see any at Home Depot yesterday.

Well, I spent two hours last night with goo gone and a dental pick getting the paint out of the writing on my Cleveland 588 56*. Going to hopefully paint it up tomorrow or saturday, and have some pics up on monday. Without THP I would never have thought of doing this. Can't wait to see how it turns out....wonder what color I'll do.

The best part is that if you don't like the color it takes about 2 minutes to start fresh. Testors comes out much easier than whatever paint it is that the OEM's use.

Well, I spent two hours last night with goo gone and a dental pick getting the paint out of the writing on my Cleveland 588 56*. Going to hopefully paint it up tomorrow or saturday, and have some pics up on monday. Without THP I would never have thought of doing this. Can't wait to see how it turns out....wonder what color I'll do.

That's crazy it took that long. I poured some fingernail polish remover in the lid, dipped a Q-tip, and the paint came right out. Sucks it was that time consuming.

That's crazy it took that long. I poured some fingernail polish remover in the lid, dipped a Q-tip, and the paint came right out. Sucks it was that time consuming.

Some comes out really easy for me and I've still got clubs that have yet to come clean with my short attention span. I just end up painting over what there if it's too hard.

Klean-Strip got the paint off in like 5 minutes

Hmmm since I accidentally bought fast-evaporating acetone, I think I'm going to try again this weekend by pouring some in a container and carefully dipping my clubs in.

Alright, today while watching FI Open online. I was paint filling my old putter. I went with Testors dark blue & flat yellow. On the sole the "940" looked like it had a gold color, but I stuck the yellow in there. "MIZUNO" didn't look worn or faded, but gave it a coat anyways. The original paint on the sight lines was dark blue and didn't really stand out . Thought of white, but went with the yellow also. The lines really popped out. Alignment should be no probs when I putt.

Not sure where to post this question but here seems as good an option as any. I've a 910 driver, superfast fairway wood and a rescue 11 all of which have black faces. Managed to get a nasty mark in the face of the 910 from hitting a sandy range ball, some small scratches also in the burner. Nothing major or deep just ugly as hell. Anybody have any experience with restoring the finish on the faces of these clubs and what exactly to use? Did a quick search online and car scratch filler or touch up seems to be recommended but I'm a little apprehensive. Any help much appreciated and apologies for my OCD but I would rather have nice new looking clubs than nasty worn looking faces

Alright, today while watching FI Open online. I was paint filling my old putter. I went with Testors dark blue & flat yellow. On the sole the "940" looked like it had a gold color, but I stuck the yellow in there. "MIZUNO" didn't look worn or faded, but gave it a coat anyways. The original paint on the sight lines was dark blue and didn't really stand out . Thought of white, but went with the yellow also. The lines really popped out. Alignment should be no probs when I putt.

Looks good, did you paint over the old paint, or remove it first?

Klean-Strip got the paint off in like 5 minutes

Cool. That is what I have always used. It is pretty effortless with the correct paint stripper.

Back