Packing For a Month Long Golf Excursion

The longest business trip I recall taking was a 3 week international travel stretch and was air travel & hotel stay with laundry so not much of comparison other than I only had backpack, 1 carry on and 1 checked bag. I hate using hotel laundry so many times would use a laundry service outside hotel or do it myself if I could walk to it safely.

Anyway, lots of good ideas so far I would just map out trip knowing how many days before you can get to a coin laundry during your travels. Rain gear is a must, 3 pairs of golf shoes, and enough clothes plus couple extra (spills happen) to bridge laundry stops. Nice thing about having a vehicle is you can leave shoes, rain gear, etc in the trunk instead of packing in a suitcase.

One point, I know it is a pain but assuming you are staying in hot, humid climates, I would recommend not leaving a second suitcase in SUV for a period of time i.e. days. If you use the roll up packing method, if it is humid, clothes will not be best shape when you eventually want to use them. Hot steamy showers are also your friend to avoid ironing although most clothing these days are so wrinkle resistant and if you pack efficiently you can minimize wrinkles.

30 days is a long haul so hope your elbow gets better so you can play some golf. Once you get home you won’t want to eat out for a couple of weeks.

One last thing, if you don’t mind try and work out every day (cardio) to burn off all the calories you will intake eating rich foods over your travel otherwise you will be a blimp when you get home. I am an early riser so i would spend 90 minutes in hotel workout area on treadmill and bike to kill time, catch up on any entertainment, etc. If I didn’t exercise I would feel worse the longer the trip. Usually at 5 AM no one is there so with iPad and ear buds, it becomes a regular routine and you feel good after.

Sorry for the long post but best of luck and safe travels.

I don't know if you have a Kindle, if so, download enough reading material for your trip.

I don't know if you have a Kindle, if so, download enough reading material for your trip.
Seems dangerous while driving.
While at the Experiences, not a lot of reading time. Wall to wall activities.

Seems dangerous while driving.
No, I wouldn't recommend it while driving, lol. And I see that you will be doing a lot of driving.

The KFT plays one of their year end tournaments at Victoria National. It looks like a great golf course.

On a side note, you could do a Jack Reacher and just bring a toothbrush...

This thread has been interesting to read. Talk about undershirts, wearing shorts/pants for multiple rounds, and lack of the most important thing socks.

The question we all want to know are you packed for the trip yet?

This thread has been interesting to read. Talk about undershirts, wearing shorts/pants for multiple rounds, and lack of the most important thing socks.

The question we all want to know are you packed for the trip yet?
No sir. Equipment for all of the participants is mostly done.
My equipment is being done now, as I am bringing multiple sets even though I am not sure I will be playing at all.
Final load of laundry being done now, and then clothes will get packed into two suitcases.
Then its camera and electronics.

My sanity left somewhere about 90 minutes ago.

We stayed 5 1/2 weeks in Tucson of all areas. Had all of our luggage, golf clubs delivered ahead of time.Its so great going on a airplane with only a small carry on bag.Knowing all you need is sitting in storage at your destination.

No sir. Equipment for all of the participants is mostly done.
My equipment is being done now, as I am bringing multiple sets even though I am not sure I will be playing at all.
Final load of laundry being done now, and then clothes will get packed into two suitcases.
Then its camera and electronics.

My sanity left somewhere about 90 minutes ago.
I can’t wait to see the madness.

Diap up and you don't have to worry about the underwear anymore. It could also serve double duty for @JB in case he has a repeat from the last Experience.

There may come a time when I'm in Depends, but I sure as sh!t won't be on a golf course when it happens. It'll likely be an old man yelling at a cloud type of scenario while someone wipes the drool.

I can honestly say that I've never had to pack for that long of a trip and I'm not 100% sure how I'd attack it candidly. To your point, I'm sure laundry gets done once or twice, but even still that's a long haul. I think at a minimum I'm doing:
- 2 weeks worth of clothing
- 4 maybe 5 pairs of golf shoes

Yeah just thinking through this it's pretty d@mn insane
I have never done this before. Im pretty sure very few have. Its not ideal as you can imagine.
Traveling by my own vehicle and will be hitting a few different climates I am sure.
Obviously taking all of the equipment and swag out that is for participants at all of the different THP Experiences out of the equation.
And my own two sets of clubs and launch monitor out of the equation.

How do you pack for this long of a trip?ta
Figure laundry gets done once or twice.
Just pack like every golf outfit you own?
How many pairs of golf shoes do you bring?

Do you pack planning on a disaster? Or do you pack assuming that won't happen and you are going to load up at pro shops anyway?
Let's hear your plan of attack THP
After spending 26 years in the military; you can get an extra day(s) use of underwear by turning them inside out; just bang the crust out of socks and they are good for 3 more days; after a while you won't notice your clothes smell.....

After spending 26 years in the military; you can get an extra day(s) use of underwear by turning them inside out; just bang the crust out of socks and they are good for 3 more days; after a while you won't notice your clothes smell.....
I know JB well enough to know that THIS will never happen, ever.

I know JB well enough to know that THIS will never happen, ever.
100% - I have seem him type enough that I'll bet the house that he's not turning his undies inside out for an extra days wear.

So travel cover is done. Decided to put all of the clubs in there more for organization than anything else.
It weighs 108 lbs haha.

So travel cover is done. Decided to put all of the clubs in there more for organization than anything else.
It weighs 108 lbs haha.

be sure to check the payload capacity of your car, LOL

No, I wouldn't recommend it while driving, lol. And I see that you will be doing a lot of driving.

The KFT plays one of their year end tournaments at Victoria National. It looks like a great golf course.

On a side note, you could do a Jack Reacher and just bring a toothbrush...

Jack Reacher cleaned his clothes in hotel rooms. One of the many , many things i have in common with Jack Reacher.

I couldnt do that without doing laundry more often than once or twice or buying more clothes while i was out. I would expect to be hand washing some clothes in between getting stuff laundered.

The number of people that say to wear the same clothes after golfing is horrifying

Shout out to @GolferGal for making everything fit.

The number of people that say to wear the same clothes after golfing is horrifying
100% but then if you say too bring enough where you’re covered then you get those comments too. 3 days are like 7 outfits if you’re golfing every day.

If my math is right on weight of balls and irons and clubs, it was over 100 lbs
108 pounds of gear is mind blowing.

I can’t imagine all that stuff. Props to you both for getting it all to fit and you to drive it.

I've been in Scotland now for 3 weeks, my trip ends on Thursday. I'll try to give you a break down for what I've used, I hope it will help.

I brought a good pair of Gortex rain pants and Gortex 3/4 zip pullover. I have worn these every day regardless of rain, the shear wind element tells you, forces you, to have on extra layers.
I packed 8 pair of pants, 8 long sleeve polo's, 4 3/4 zips (excluding the rain pullover) loads of socks and underwear.

I brought 2 sets of golf shoes, have only worn the one pair of FJ. However I would still pack 2. Two sets of walking shoes and one set of dress shoes.

With all this being said, I HAVE OVERPACKED.

Every day I leave my room with two layers of pants on, Gortex rain gear over my pants. Generally 3-4 layers on top, a long sleeve polo, a 3/4 zip pullover, a hoody I purchased on my second day @ Kingsbarns (that has been a huge blessing) and my 3/4 zip rain pullover.

Good Luck with your planning. I hope this helps. More importantly, HAVE A BLAST on your trip!!!!

Able to do laundry today at the hotel I am at.
So I will begin three events in a row with basically all clean clothes.

Back