Packing For a Month Long Golf Excursion

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I have never done this before. Im pretty sure very few have. Its not ideal as you can imagine.
Traveling by my own vehicle and will be hitting a few different climates I am sure.
Obviously taking all of the equipment and swag out that is for participants at all of the different THP Experiences out of the equation.
And my own two sets of clubs and launch monitor out of the equation.

How do you pack for this long of a trip?
Figure laundry gets done once or twice.
Just pack like every golf outfit you own?
How many pairs of golf shoes do you bring?

Do you pack planning on a disaster? Or do you pack assuming that won't happen and you are going to load up at pro shops anyway?
Let's hear your plan of attack THP

Oh my gosh - I cannot even imagine.

I would probably have to pack basically every golf polo and pair of golf shorts I own
Would likely throw in a pair or two of golf pants
Rain Gear
At LEAST 3 pairs of shoes - including one I would wear in inclement weather

Oh and a few hats

Good luck!

I think I would just fit everything I possibly could in my vehicle and then figure out what I was wearing each day when I got to it.

I can honestly say that I've never had to pack for that long of a trip and I'm not 100% sure how I'd attack it candidly. To your point, I'm sure laundry gets done once or twice, but even still that's a long haul. I think at a minimum I'm doing:
- 2 weeks worth of clothing
- 4 maybe 5 pairs of golf shoes

Yeah just thinking through this it's pretty d@mn insane

i don't own that many different outfits lol

I would pack as light as possible. You can always pick up what you need on the road.

Lots of clean underwear and a healthy budget for new shirt purchases. I think I can get away reusing some pants/shorts. At least 3 pairs of shoes and a lot of hats and sunscreen. I would bring some pullovers and definitely rain gear.

Man, I am getting nervous just contemplating this; I don’t think I could do it.

I think I would be trying to take cloths that are similar in color so that I could limit it to maybe two pair of golf shoes and mix and match shirt, short, pant combinations with those. Also, plenty of Tylenol/anti-inflammatories along with a Theregun and any of that stuff you may have. Maybe an Ice/heat pack or some Ziplocks to put ice in as you will probably need that some.

I’d be somewhere between “pack light and freeze at night, and
Black Friday Nbc GIF by Superstore

Is doing laundry possible at the place you're staying? I'd probably pack everything I own, 3 pair of shoes and then if I needed something hope like heck the pro shop had it.

Probably 8 days of clothing and a few pairs of shoes. Give me a day somewhere in there to do laundry. Pick up some stuff if needed.

Ship a box of clothes to meet me at every location? I don't really know. I had enough trouble packing for a 7 day golf trip last year. It'd be easier if I didn't wear a different hat and shoes to match each polo. Doing laundry while away from home would stink, but it'd probably be necessary. I'd probably try to keep it as minimalistic as possible and I could always buy more clothes (and likely would in the pro shops)

On one hand it sounds like a lot of fun, on the other hand it feels like a huge undertaking.

I'm a "kitchen sink" kind of packer, so I'd pack at least one golf outfit for every round I planned to play, plus a couple extras. Both pants and shorts for the outfits, to accommodate different weather conditions. At least 3 or 4 pair of golf shoes, a lot of hats, rain gear, jackets for everything from cool to effing cold. And then the off-course wear is a whole 'nother story. It would definitely be more than one suitcase without a doubt, my truck would probably look like I was living in it!

Having the car makes it a lot easier for packing purposes. I would probably bring 10-14 days of clothes and just plan on laundry like you said.

Two pairs of shoes, probably 3-4 hats

Wow, it’s hard to even imagine how to pack for a month-long golf excursion. I would definitely be hoping that there was laundry service wherever I was staying and so I would only need to pack for two weeks and then wear again.

Here’s my plan (not mention golf specific stuff like gloves/balls/etc)
A week worth of warmer weather golf clothes. 5 pair shorts, lightweight polos, etc..

A week worth of cooler weather golf attire. 5 pair pants, long sleeve compression shirts/bottoms, pullovers, hoodies, etc

1 set of good rain gear.

3 pairs of golf shoes, 2 pairs of casual shoes, 1 pair of house shoes/slippers.

I go to Costco and buy 2 10 packs of Puma underwear and socks.

I have laundry done twice I assume.

I feel like the above covers most golf and dining situations.

Lots of clean underwear and a healthy budget for new shirt purchases. I think I can get away reusing some pants/shorts. At least 3 pairs of shoes and a lot of hats and sunscreen. I would bring some pullovers and definitely rain gear.

This would be my plan.

I have always been a light packer and went with the idea that if I don’t pack something or forget it, I can get at destination. Unless it is some remote outpost on Hoth you are traveling to.
Being able to do laundry also gives quite a bit of flexibility too. 2 pairs of shoes should coordinate with any outfit so no need for more than that. If I go heavy it is with hats. I like different hats.

I have never done this before. Im pretty sure very few have. Its not ideal as you can imagine.
Traveling by my own vehicle and will be hitting a few different climates I am sure.
Obviously taking all of the equipment and swag out that is for participants at all of the different THP Experiences out of the equation.
And my own two sets of clubs and launch monitor out of the equation.

How do you pack for this long of a trip?
Figure laundry gets done once or twice.
Just pack like every golf outfit you own?
How many pairs of golf shoes do you bring?

Do you pack planning on a disaster? Or do you pack assuming that won't happen and you are going to load up at pro shops anyway?
Let's hear your plan of attack THP
Legit post but definitely a humble brag.

I pack for what I need and a slight extra, I can find things if disaster strikes like a dicks or academy or even a kohls if I need clothing. Also I'm thinking you're buying shirts and such as you travel so that helps with clothing.

I would pack probably 10 days worth of clothing and mix and match after washing.
I would carry 6 pairs of shoes and rotate them.

I absolutely overpack socks and boxers though.

Consumables I will get where I'm going to such as toothpaste and other items. Buy it when I stop and buy it again at the next stop.

Good luck! That's a long haul.

I've never had to pack for a trip like this. Luckily, you're driving your own vehicle, at least you'll have room to throw in everything you think you might need.

Plan to do laundry once if not twice.

Wait, reusing golf shorts or pants after playing? Tell me it aint so.
Is doing laundry possible at the place you're staying? I'd probably pack everything I own, 3 pair of shoes and then if I needed something hope like heck the pro shop had it.
Most hotels nowadays in between the Dormie property stays have laundry facilities.

Man, that's a long road trip.

I'd pack every item of golf clothes i own to include socks and underwear

3-4 golf hats and 3 pair of golf shoes

A rain suit and hope for the best!

I'm already an overpacker for short trips, no idea how I would pack for a 30 day trip.

I think 3 pairs of Golf shoes would be appropriate rotate between 2 and 1 extra pair for inclement weather.

Clothes I would probably pack for the longest stretch you are at one location and then try find a way to do laundry in between with the travel.

With my own vehicle?

I pack my “carry in to the hotel suitcase” with daily items and 3-5 days of clothing that is upcoming weather appropriate.

Then a larger suitcase that holds more of everything. More golf attire, weather gear, etc. I think I’d plan to do laundry twice so I think 10 days of clothing total.

I also would bring my goretex golf shoes just in case but would likely only bring one pair, and that’s because I own one pair…

I’d also bring food stuff. Shaker bottle, meal replacement powders, protein powder, microwave container for reheating items, etc. I’d also need to food shop once I arrive. I would not eat out every meal.

Back