Packing For a Month Long Golf Excursion

Most hotels nowadays in between the Dormie property stays have laundry facilities.
OK, I was curious if Dormie was your entire stay, but the hotels would definitely have that. So in that case I'd assume I'd be doing laundry at least once or twice. I'd take maybe half of what I own. Still 3 pairs of shoes and hope their was a golf store nearby if I needed anything else.

I'm not a good person to ask because I typically overpack for all trips, not just golf trips because I hate the feeling of not having something I need.

Legit post but definitely a humble brag.
Its not a humble brag. At least not intentionally. Anybody on THP can figure out that it was taking place. Its all for forum members, not personal travel. Im not even sure I will be able to play golf yet.

OK, I was curious if Dormie was your entire stay, but the hotels would definitely have that. So in that case I'd assume I'd be doing laundry at least once or twice. I'd take maybe half of what I own. Still 3 pairs of shoes and hope their was a golf store nearby if I needed anything else.

I'm not a good person to ask because I typically overpack for all trips, not just golf trips because I hate the feeling of not having something I need.
3 Ballyhack Stays including two back to back.
1 Hidden Creek
1 Victoria National
2 business meetings (one in NC and one in IL) along the way.

Wait, reusing golf shorts or pants after playing? Tell me it aint so.

Most hotels nowadays in between the Dormie property stays have laundry facilities.
Maybe the most shocking thing about that post is that you'd even consider using laundry facilities that other people have thrown their dirty clothes in. :ROFLMAO:

Maybe the most shocking thing about that post is that you'd even consider using laundry facilities that other people have thrown their dirty clothes in. :ROFLMAO:
It beats the alternative

I wouldn't even know where to begin. I'm an over packer as it is. I'm probably wiping out the entire closet and all the drawers I have and at a minimum 2 pairs of shoes.

1 Hidden Creek
1 Victoria National
This actually changes my answer a little bit. Will you be driving to each location separately or traveling from one of them as a base?

As cool as this sounds from a golf perspective this sounds like a nightmare from a work travel perspective for me personally. I traveled my first job out of college 80% of the time and it was hellish living out of a suitcase.

Thank you for doing this for all of us.

I wouldn't even know where to begin.
This is literally where I am right now.
Its like where do I even begin. Trying to do it in two small suitcases so I can leave one in the car at each stop is not going as well as expected.

This actually changes my answer a little bit. Will you be driving to each location separately or traveling from one of them as a base?

As cool as this sounds from a golf perspective this sounds like a nightmare from a work travel perspective for me personally. I traveled my first job out of college 80% of the time and it was hellish living out of a suitcase.

Thank you for doing this for all of us.
Driving from one to the other to the other, etc. Other than one back to back at Ballyhack.
I think the plan is 14 days worth of clothes. And figure it out.

Its like where do I even begin. Trying to do it in two small suitcases so I can leave one in the car at each stop is not going as well as expected.
Don't forget trash bags, you'll need something to put dirty clothes in...

I'm not sure if this is my final answer, but here's my initial thought.

Have a bag / suitcase for each "event"(s). I know you're gone for a long time, but I don't know if that's 4 events or whatever but let's say it is.

Bag 1 has outfits for event 1 and 3- Bag 2 has outfits for events 2 and 4. Each of those has 4 full sets.

You then have a travel bag and a hotel bag. So 4 small bags total (or maybe 3 if you combine travel/hotel). Has 3-4 full sets.

Then you have your weather bag, rain clothes, hand warmers, extra hats etc.

I would say bring 5 or 6 pairs of shoes, just because you own them. I only have 3, so I would bring them all.

Gone for 30 days. I'll assume laundry once.

20 polo's
I'm an undershirt guy so 20 of those too
6 Q-zip
2 Jacket

16 shorts
8 pants
4 belts
All the undies

I don't know how you do PJ's - but you do you on that.

20+ socks, maybe 30 for me.
6 Shoes

Rain Gear

I'm in the three bag camp, I don't know why but that's where my mind lands. Could that work?

I have never done this before. Im pretty sure very few have. Its not ideal as you can imagine.
Traveling by my own vehicle and will be hitting a few different climates I am sure.
Obviously taking all of the equipment and swag out that is for participants at all of the different THP Experiences out of the equation.
And my own two sets of clubs and launch monitor out of the equation.

How do you pack for this long of a trip?
Figure laundry gets done once or twice.
Just pack like every golf outfit you own?
How many pairs of golf shoes do you bring?

Do you pack planning on a disaster? Or do you pack assuming that won't happen and you are going to load up at pro shops anyway?
Let's hear your plan of attack THP
Make sure to bring a lot of, for the coin laundry in between stops.

spongebob squarepants money GIF

In all honesty, I think you bring a different options of polos and shorts that can be swapped out so you don't look the same in every picture at every experience. Golf shoes I would bring two at the most.

I'm not sure if this is my final answer, but here's my initial thought.

Have a bag / suitcase for each "event"(s). I know you're gone for a long time, but I don't know if that's 4 events or whatever but let's say it is.

Bag 1 has outfits for event 1 and 3- Bag 2 has outfits for events 2 and 4. Each of those has 4 full sets.

You then have a travel bag and a hotel bag. So 4 small bags total (or maybe 3 if you combine travel/hotel). Has 3-4 full sets.

Then you have your weather bag, rain clothes, hand warmers, extra hats etc.

I would say bring 5 or 6 pairs of shoes, just because you own them. I only have 3, so I would bring them all.

Gone for 30 days. I'll assume laundry once.

20 polo's
I'm an undershirt guy so 20 of those too
6 Q-zip
2 Jacket

16 shorts
8 pants
4 belts
All the undies

I don't know how you do PJ's - but you do you on that.

20+ socks, maybe 30 for me.
6 Shoes

Rain Gear
Damn are you moving out? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I don’t even know how I would attack this. Probably pack every pair of golf shorts/pants that I have and 10-12 polos (because obviously you’re buying more at the pro shop) and 10 or so 1/4 zips. I would only do like two or three pairs of shoes. And pack for some sort of weather

Make sure to bring a lot of, for the coin laundry in between stops.

spongebob squarepants money GIF

In all honesty, I think you bring a different options of polos and shorts that can be swapped out so you don't look the same in every picture at every experience. Golf shoes I would bring two at the most.
I literally just loaded up $10 worth of quarters for the hotel laundry.

1 Hidden Creek
1 Victoria National
At least you'll be near Howard's Golf in Evansville if you need anything golf related. :ROFLMAO:

Good luck to you sir. That sounds expensive, fun and stressful all at the same time.

• Haha
Reactions: JB
I don’t even know how I would attack this. Probably pack every pair of golf shorts/pants that I have and 10-12 polos (because obviously you’re buying more at the pro shop) and 10 or so 1/4 zips. I would only do like two or three pairs of shoes. And pack for some sort of weather
I forgot about 1/4 zips. I'd pack all of the 1/4 zips.

If I'm driving, I'm just loading up the car with more crap than I need and sorting it out on the road. Flying I'd have to be more strategic about what I brought. Probably 4-5 golf outfits, 2-3 pairs of golf shoes and some casual/business casual clothes for the meetings. Hopefully some of the items could be re-used. For that long though it would probably be at least one huge bag, my golf bag and a medium size carry on. Would definitely need some laundry days (I do not re-wear golf clothes after playing in them 🤢).

This is not a world I live in. I have no idea.. lol..

I literally just loaded up $10 worth of quarters for the hotel laundry.
Is that enough though? that gets you like two washes and two dries right? Then again my trips are overnighters usually.

Damn are you moving out? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
No, but seriously.

Let's say he's going 2 weeks between; right with the laundry. If you wear 1 shirt a day, that's 14 shirts. Golf + after golf days = 2 shirts, you're not wearing the same shirt are you? Or socks that you just went golfing in?

There's no way that I'm too far off here. You need to change clothes after your round!

Good luck to you sir. That sounds expensive, fun and stressful all at the same time.
Ive given the math of the cost of a foursome on WGP many times previously.
Want to throw up. Add all five of these together and it makes you want to **** your pants. :ROFLMAO:

I remember thinking I was ahead of the game packing my warm weather/rain gear for Victoria National. Only thing is I didn't really color coordinate any of that stuff. I likely looked ridiculous, but I kept somewhat warm and didn't care. LOL.

Is that enough though? that gets you like two washes and two dries right? Then again my trips are overnighters usually.
I think I can make that work. I think so anyway. Two cycles half way through should get it done.

Back