One Length Irons Thread: Join the Revolution

I don’t know, but my signature has now been updated.
If you're drinking that Twinkie Coffee over that Cuban coffee you made in that thread then you need to reverse course.

I think for most of those wondering about swinging them and feeling weird, after about 2 rounds you don't even notice anymore. I think it's way overblown. I will say I went 8 iron length with mine and stopped at PW but I have had zero issue feeling like the PW is crazy long or the 6i is crazy short. I pull an iron just like always and hit the ball
Same. 8i length here. I have no problem using SW for chips around the green at that length either.

I’ve got a 24 deg head that needs a home. Going to try to build it up to 7 iron length. I know this won’t be a full test given the head isn’t optimized for it, but I like building and I’m curious about the whole thing so figured why not?

shout out to @Golfers Anonymous on the tip weight consultation

I’ve got a 24 deg head that needs a home. Going to try to build it up to 7 iron length. I know this won’t be a full test given the head isn’t optimized for it, but I like building and I’m curious about the whole thing so figured why not?

shout out to @Golfers Anonymous on the tip weight consultation
I assume you mean hybrid head?

No, old Titliest 4 iron.
Hot Wings GIF by First We Feast: Hot Ones

What length do people normally get.
I on a whim ordered sw-5i + 3 hybrid one length cobra darkspeeds at standard and that's my sets current 6 iron length...I see it's what Bryson plays though...how do people feel about it?

What length do people normally get.
I on a whim ordered sw-5i + 3 hybrid one length cobra darkspeeds at standard and that's my sets current 6 iron length...I see it's what Bryson plays though...how do people feel about it?
I have found that 8i length in irons works for me, which seems to be my best iron in variable length sets. I do use tip weights to get the swingweight back similar to what a 7i length would be. With the OL hybrids I've found that 8i length is just a little too short so I play those at the stock 7i length.

I have found that 8i length in irons works for me, which seems to be my best iron in variable length sets. I do use tip weights to get the swingweight back similar to what a 7i length would be. With the OL hybrids I've found that 8i length is just a little too short so I play those at the stock 7i length.
I hope the 37.5 length works out for me because I don't feel like going through the work of changing it all haha

I hope the 37.5 length works out for me because I don't feel like going through the work of changing it all haha
What's your favorite iron now?

I prefer 8i length as well. I’m sure I could do 7i length but I like having them just a bit shorter

I prefer 8i length as well. I’m sure I could do 7i length but I like having them just a bit shorter
My thinking was I would rather try and get use to it and still keep speed on my "long" irons

My thinking was I would rather try and get use to it and still keep speed on my "long" irons
Yeah. As long as they are weighted properly there is no issue playing a length that you’re comfortable with

Seriously pondering a one length 2H or 3H for this season. I hit my 4H just fine but I just cannot hit my 3H right now. I’m a little unsure about distance if I put a one length in play, but figure it’s got to be better then being unable to make any real contact, and there are always two or three spots where I need something just a bit longer then a 4H.

For the longer irons, have folks seen a noticeable impact on left to to right dispersion?

For the longer irons, have folks seen a noticeable impact on left to to right dispersion?
I haven’t noticed anything different than with VL irons

I haven’t noticed anything different than with VL irons
Thanks. Curious about a utility for a tee club in the short, tight par 4s I play around here

Thanks. Curious about a utility for a tee club in the short, tight par 4s I play around here
Did you go away from driver 2 or were you thinking something for shorter distances?

Did you go away from driver 2 or were you thinking something for shorter distances?
Shorter distances, but the Paradym X has been so good for me this past fall that driver 2 hasn’t gotten the call recently

Only thing I noticed was less spin, lower apex and more rollout...but that might just be me getting use to them.
It's more likely down to a shorter shaft length and as such slower swing speed.

You have to have decent speed to get the necessary height with the lower lofted irons.

It's more likely down to a shorter shaft length and as such slower swing speed.

You have to have decent speed to get the necessary height with the lower lofted irons.
My driver swing speed avg is 105 ..not slow but also not super fast.

Back