One Length Irons Thread: Join the Revolution

If I know you and you are an albatross member, I have a set of one length Aerojet that I am willing to loan out for a trial period if you pay the shipping. Just send me a message. It has to be someone here I trust, no offense to anyone meant. If you keep them, that is on me and has nothing to do with THP.
This is what makes THP great. Great offer!

If I know you and you are an albatross member, I have a set of one length Aerojet that I am willing to loan out for a trial period if you pay the shipping. Just send me a message. It has to be someone here I trust, no offense to anyone meant. If you keep them, that is on me and has nothing to do with THP.
What a guy

Oh man, that is quite generous.

I cant make up my mind if I am going to pull the trigger on the Aerojets or the Tours.

I know for one thing, the will be one length. I love the one length F7s I've been gaming for quite some time.

I cant make up my mind if I am going to pull the trigger on the Aerojets or the Tours.

I know for one thing, the will be one length. I love the one length F7s I've been gaming for quite some time.
Send me your address. I’ll send you my back up OL Aerojet set. It needs a new home that isn’t sitting in my garage.

Send me your address. I’ll send you my back up OL Aerojet set. It needs a new home that isn’t sitting in my garage.
Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

The difference between he F7 and the Aerojets is so wide I don’t even know how to begin to explain it. You would love the Aerojets. I promise. My back up set is stock steel stiff.

Hello All,

Going to put one lengths back in the bag. I have gone back and forth from OL to VL for 4 years now. I have shot well with both but still cannot get past shooting 4-6 over for whatever reason. Not that going back to OL will solve all the problems, but it can only help having one swing for my irons and hybrid. Looking for better accuracy and hitting the sweet spot. I plan on (for now) keeping my VL sw and lw in the bag along with a std length 3 wood and driver. I last played OL's with the Radspeed OL irons and 3 hybrid and enjoyed them. They were not the prettiest but they did well. Did not like the LTDX OL's. I didn't like the feel or trajectory of them, especially the LTDX OL hybrid. It launched low for me. Ordered the Aerojet OL's along with another Radspeed OL 3 hybrid (my fav). I spin the ball plenty, so I am not too worried about the lower spin reviews/characteristics in these distance irons.

I am curious, is there ANY one length YT video creators or channels anywhere?

Hello All,

Going to put one lengths back in the bag. I have gone back and forth from OL to VL for 4 years now. I have shot well with both but still cannot get past shooting 4-6 over for whatever reason. Not that going back to OL will solve all the problems, but it can only help having one swing for my irons and hybrid. Looking for better accuracy and hitting the sweet spot. I plan on (for now) keeping my VL sw and lw in the bag along with a std length 3 wood and driver. I last played with the Radspeed OL irons and 3 hybrid and enjoyed them. They were not the prettiest but they did well. Did not like the LTDX OL's. I didn't like the feel or trajectory of them, especially the LTDX OL hybrid. It launched low for me. Ordered the Aerojet OL's along with another Radspeed OL 3 hybrid (my fav). I spin the ball plenty, so I am not too worried about the lower spin reviews/characteristics in these distance irons.

I'm sure there are, but this thread is about as good as it gets when talking OL irons. What kind of info are you looking for?

I've been playing OL irons for about 5 years now, and have come and gone from them here and there but always come back to preferring the OL vs VL. For me, it's the long irons that really shine, playing them a bit shorter allows me to focus on letting the loft do the work vs the length.

I am quite looking forward to putting the Aerojet OLs in the bag and seeing how they do compared to what I am currently playing.

Played the zx4 mkii irons this season. Very good irons. Nothing bad to say about them at all. Just the transition from long irons to mid to short was always troubling (ball placement). The OL will definitely help with that, especially in my mind. Not guessing anymore with ball placement.

I really enjoy watching YT videos in the evenings but tired of watching sooo many instructional videos. I believe it hurts more players than helps. I know it has hurt my game at least. Mostly interested in a YT channel that focuses on one length. Playing courses, shot making, etc. I enjoy watching those videos where they play courses, etc. but looking for one length focused. I don't think something like that is out there. It is still a niche market I suppose.

Played the zx4 mkii irons this season. Very good irons. Nothing bad to say about them at all. Just the transition from long irons to mid to short was always troubling (ball placement). The OL will definitely help with that, especially in my mind. Not guessing anymore with ball placement.

I really enjoy watching YT videos in the evenings but tired of watching sooo many instructional videos. I believe it hurts more players than helps. I know it has hurt my game at least. Mostly interested in a YT channel that focuses on one length. Playing courses, shot making, etc. I enjoy watching those videos where they play courses, etc. but looking for one length focused. I don't think something like that is out there. It is still a niche market I suppose.
Yeah, I dont know of any specifics for OL only. I'm sure there is something out there, but I prefer the THP banter and gear talk.

Exactly where I stand on the long irons and mid irons being the same length. Just have to focus on my swing and striking the ball, let the loft do it's thing. It simplifies things for me.

OL is tough because so many professionals/teachers/fitters have spent their whole career with VL and they know the nuance of it.

Simplifying setup is by far and away the biggest advantage of OL setups. Then just dialing in one swing from there. You lose a bit of height on long irons and accuracy on short, but the gain in the overall consistency can far, far outweight those for a lot of golfers.

I'm curious if i dip back into the OL world anytime soon. No immediate plans with the VL set i'm playing now, but never say never.

Is there a list of places that will give a true OL fitting? I'm talking with multiple OL shafts, and lie angles. I want my next set to be fit, but everywhere I've asked locally, they either look at me like I have a third eye, or just say, "we have a 7 iron in regular or stiff flex to use," to fit with. I'm wondering if I need to go directly to Cobra to get properly fit.

Is there a list of places that will give a true OL fitting? I'm talking with multiple OL shafts, and lie angles. I want my next set to be fit, but everywhere I've asked locally, they either look at me like I have a third eye, or just say, "we have a 7 iron in regular or stiff flex to use," to fit with. I'm wondering if I need to go directly to Cobra to get properly fit.
I have not found one.

I’ve had the same experience. I really wanted to give OL a legit shot and get fit but I couldn’t find anyone to give me a full fitting. I’m really loving the T200 right now but if I had the opportunity, I wouldn’t pass up a chance to see if there would be any improvement in my game with OL.

Super generous.

Basically no.

The VL and OL 7i are identical though, at least for cobra. So, in theory, your fit would be the same.

One off swinging other OL clubs doesn’t give a good impression. It’s something you have to give time to to allow the mental aspect to catch up.

Basically no.

The VL and OL 7i are identical though, at least for cobra. So, in theory, your fit would be the same.

One off swinging other OL clubs doesn’t give a good impression. It’s something you have to give time to to allow the mental aspect to catch up.
In my fitting I told him up front I liked the concept of OL and that's what I wanted to be fit for. He had me swing a 5 hybrid OL as well as the 7i and 9i OL too. Then he just switched heads/shafts around to find what best suited me.

In my fitting I told him up front I liked the concept of OL and that's what I wanted to be fit for. He had me swing a 5 hybrid OL as well as the 7i and 9i OL too. Then he just switched heads/shafts around to find what best suited me.

thats a way better experience than most in this thread it seems.

Hello All,

Going to put one lengths back in the bag. I have gone back and forth from OL to VL for 4 years now. I have shot well with both but still cannot get past shooting 4-6 over for whatever reason. Not that going back to OL will solve all the problems, but it can only help having one swing for my irons and hybrid. Looking for better accuracy and hitting the sweet spot. I plan on (for now) keeping my VL sw and lw in the bag along with a std length 3 wood and driver. I last played OL's with the Radspeed OL irons and 3 hybrid and enjoyed them. They were not the prettiest but they did well. Did not like the LTDX OL's. I didn't like the feel or trajectory of them, especially the LTDX OL hybrid. It launched low for me. Ordered the Aerojet OL's along with another Radspeed OL 3 hybrid (my fav). I spin the ball plenty, so I am not too worried about the lower spin reviews/characteristics in these distance irons.

I have not found the Aerojets to be low spin at all. In fact, I think they have quite a bit of spin, and I have been holding greens with the scoring ions, no problem.

thats a way better experience than most in this thread it seems.
100%

The two fittings I did while playing OL both times the fitter tried to talk me out of doing it. Was almost like forcing them into doing it because that's the way I wanted to go. I think it's a lack of education on the fitting side of things, but just my personal opinion.

100%

The two fittings I did while playing OL both times the fitter tried to talk me out of doing it. Was almost like forcing them into doing it because that's the way I wanted to go. I think it's a lack of education on the fitting side of things, but just my personal opinion.

I had a similar experience. The fitter fit me into mizunos based on a 7 iron performance but didn’t understand that since I had played OL for a few years that it had completely changed my game. Played the new irons when they arrived and I was fat on my long irons and topped all of my short irons. It was extremely frustrating. Needless to say, I took them back and had the Forged Tec OLs that same day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did you get fit?

All-

Anyone considering making the jump to OL and looking for a great set to do it with should check the classifieds shortly.

I love(d) my Wishon EQ1-NX setup this past season... first new set of clubs in 15+ years. The consistency and simplicity of OL took 10+ strokes off my handicap and enabled me to break 100 for the first time - several times, actually.

I am selling the set. 12 clubs... 5i-LW, 4h, 7W, and 3W. Everything but a driver and a putter.

Why? Because I love the OL concept AND because I am a gear wh*re and cannot resist the look of exposed composites... there is now a gently used set of Edel SLS irons and wedges where the Wishons used to be.

Even used, they cost a f**king mint, so please buy my two-season-old (one before me, and one with me swinging 'em) Wishons to help me offset the cost.

**edit** I didn’t realize I am not supposed to have something listed in the classifieds and on eBay simultaneously, so for now that’s where they are posted. A quick search should locate them… send me a private message if you’re interested in a THP discount!

Viva la revolucion!!!

-Jon

Last edited:
Back