I assume people are hoping Olson is the next Lamb. His craftsmanship may have even surpassed Lamb but if we're being honest craftsmanship has never been relevant when talking about values.

The fact that he sold those yesterday at those prices proves me wrong I guess. Good on him. I have no problem paying $2k for an amazing putter, but I only do so when I know I can sell it later for close to what I paid. I don't yet have that confidence in Olson.

I assume people are hoping Olson is the next Lamb. His craftsmanship may have even surpassed Lamb but if we're being honest craftsmanship has never been relevant when talking about values.

The fact that he sold those yesterday at those prices proves me wrong I guess. Good on him. I have no problem paying $2k for an amazing putter, but I only do so when I know I can sell it later for close to what I paid. I don't yet have that confidence in Olson.
But even lamb is a tough sell outside of the small group of die hards. The brand has very little reach.

Olson brings a level of craftsmanship that is unseen in the putter world, and everyone of his higher prices sticks screams of original thought. But even that's not enough to move the needle.

But even lamb is a tough sell outside of the small group of die hards. The brand has very little reach.

Olson brings a level of craftsmanship that is unseen in the putter world, and everyone of his higher prices sticks screams of original thought. But even that's not enough to move the needle.
I’d love to customize one but the shape isn’t ideal for my game, so alas I’m stuck where I’m at. His stuff is so nice to look at though.

I’d love to customize one but the shape isn’t ideal for my game, so alas I’m stuck where I’m at. His stuff is so nice to look at though.

that’s where i am. if i could putt with a blade, i’d probably go balls deep on a custom with him. but i can’t, so my wallet is safe. at least safe from that haha

Here's my problem with Olson.. Just because someone will pay for something, doesn't mean you should take advantage of that - and I don't mean that he's doing people wrong by charging those prices, I just don't think it's realistic for a putter maker, regardless of how skilled they are (as Logan is CLEARLY skilled), to sky rocket their pricing until their following is much larger.

Maybe I am wrong - but this is a big turnoff to me, so I would assume it'd be a big turnoff to many others. Prices like this have to shrink a following, not grow it.

Here's my problem with Olson.. Just because someone will pay for something, doesn't mean you should take advantage of that - and I don't mean that he's doing people wrong by charging those prices, I just don't think it's realistic for a putter maker, regardless of how skilled they are (as Logan is CLEARLY skilled), to sky rocket their pricing until their following is much larger.

Maybe I am wrong - but this is a big turnoff to me, so I would assume it'd be a big turnoff to many others. Prices like this have to shrink a following, not grow it.
I mean, the thing there is his goal is to make money, so, if people will pay it then you have to strike while the iron is hot, no?

I'm not really sure what to make of it. Successfully selling those putters at those prices...it's hard to blame him for profiting on his own work instead of letting the collector/flipper crowd profit instead. At the same time, I give him credit for a beautiful "base model" at a fair price.

I'm just not sure on the man/brand yet. Growing amounts of negative feedback regarding wait times and awful communication on custom builds gives me PTSD from some of my bad experiences with boutique putter makers. Perhaps eventually the market will oversaturate and prices will come back to "normal" for us peasants haha.

I mean, the thing there is his goal is to make money, so, if people will pay it then you have to strike while the iron is hot, no?
Not if you want to keep the iron hot 😂

How so? They’re selling, and fast as f**k, no?
Sure, there is demand and money now but where is the second wave after these people? I don’t pretend to know his end game but there pipeline of people willing to pay that much can’t terribly long.

Pretty much this. It's a big risk to rely on a few deep pocket collectors without building a loyal base following. The benefits are obvious short term, but if the big money leaves, nowhere to go from there.

that is where I am undecided. Yes, definitely, make that money when you can - but who will be left and how will you grow after it tapers?

I'm not upset at him for throwing up 5k putters, it's just not in my realm. I still think his work is awesome (even if he won't give me the shape I want anymore lmao)

Not if you want to keep the iron hot 😂
How so? They’re selling, and fast as f**k, no?
I like this follow up question a lot, because I do wonder what the actual coverage of his following is.

There is still a putter for sale from the flash sale at 4,150. His first web sale gram post got 154 likes, his when about the websale post got 254 likes, and his pics of the putters in the web sale got 506 likes. Is that good?

I like this follow up question a lot, because I do wonder what the actual coverage of his following is.

There is still a putter for sale from the flash sale at 4,150. His first web sale gram post got 154 likes, his when about the websale post got 254 likes, and his pics of the putters in the web sale got 506 likes. Is that good?
Well, at the likely over estimated $8 per like valuation, the 506 likes still can’t afford that putter.

Would i pay $350+ for a putter, no sorry. BUT, can he charge that? Sure, can! We have no idea if it takes him 5 hours or 5 days to create one. These look to be 100% custom and built one at a time. So even it it takes him 4 hours to crank one out that he would sell for 400, thats 100.00 per hour shop rate less the shaft grip and other consumables. Take away morgage/rent/taxes/utilities, for a small company with a non mass produced product, honestly it might not be enough. Even if he has the staff to crank out more volume he has to find enough buyers too.

These things are certainly works of art!

Yeah, but as we both know likes can’t be a true gauge of things. Money talks, and that the 4150 putter is the only one left likely tells him where his ceiling is now. He can definitely crank out the specials and drop them in that 1500-2500 range no problem.

Last edited:
Biggest issue for Olson is, dude needs to hire help. Help for CS and social primarily.

I know I'm not the target consumer because frankly I don't care that much about boutique putters they are cool looking but damn those prices are ridonkulous.

Goodness that is sweet. The man has skills.

So, that putter we were checking out? Just sold today for 5,900 on his website websale. Good. Lord.

It's a spectacular piece, especially the insert and milling... but I just don't see how he's gotten to 6k for a putter this fast. That's insanity.

1631318789271.png

Back