Official THP 2011 Golf Outing & Demo Day

Notes will have to be taken, I'm not smart enough to remember that much about clubs.

I would also suggest that if you have a mini-tape recorder or something to that effect that may be useful as well.

less time to put club down, pick paper up, write thoughts, drip sweat on paper, put paper down, pick club up

Don't forget, THP kind of has an itinerary as to what can be hit at what times. All that I ask is that everyone makes an attempt to take some notes on your thoughts and findings b/c there will be designated threads for each OEM who participates.

the notebook is key! Believe me by the end of the day you will hit some many things that you won't remember as much as you'd think of you will. Hit a few clubs and then write down some notes on it, you'll be thankfull you did.

I'm going to hit other stuff too, but I guess I meant to say that I'm going to really focus on narrowing down my Callaway options. With so much equipment around, it will be impossible not to grab other shinny new equipment, but I just think I'll be drawn to the Callaway stuff knowing that I'll be making important equipment selections in the near future.

I'm also really excited to hit lots of different driver shafts. This isn't something you can usually do (at least not easily) at a big box store and it is something that I think makes this demo day unique (among other things obviously). Plus, you won't have to deal with the salesperson who seems annoyed when you keep asking to try different stuff, different shafts, etc. Also, I love hitting off of real grass and seeing ball flight when testing equipment. This is an area where I think the big box stores are REALLY lacking. Hitting off a mat into a net 20 feet away just doesn't do it for me.

I would also suggest that if you have a mini-tape recorder or something to that effect that may be useful as well.

less time to put club down, pick paper up, write thoughts, drip sweat on paper, put paper down, pick club up

I might have to dig my old digital recorder I used in University, I'm sure its kicking around somewhere.

Lol. Man, these notes are so important. I wouldn't even let Andrea look at the notepad!

I'm definitely planning out how to take better notes this time. Have certain categories I can touch on for each club I demo. While I really want to see the Callaway stuff I'm gonna make sure to hit up everything :)

It's gonna be a lot to take in at first.

Notes will have to be taken, I'm not smart enough to remember that much about clubs.

This is a great idea Hanks...I might use my iphone recorder for audio note taking!

if cell phones are allowed on the range....last year they weren't due to pre-release items
This is a great idea Hanks...I might use my iphone recorder for audio note taking!

if iphones are allowed. Last year we were not allowed to bring cameras or phones on the range due to pre-release gear. I'm not sure what they case will be this year

if cell phones are allowed on the range....last year they weren't due to pre-release items

And we know OEMS Ipad will be banned!

Does anybody know if there is going to be pre-released gear?

Gotcha...I didn't know about the pre-release equipment restrictions...makes sense though. I guess I'll have to bring my digital recorder just in case. Thanks for the heads up.

We do not announce that stuff ahead of time.

Oh sorry, I sure hope there is some surprises there! :clapp:

Couple of things.

1. Those are Pro Cavity not Pro Combo
2. They were at THP HQ when you were here.

I hit them when I was there, and I liked them. I did say the wrong name, but not once did I google them, I just said the wrong name. You know what, I dont even want to hit them now. haha

I just got off the phone with PGA National to setup our Thursday arrival tee times. I was originally shooting for getting us out on the Palmer course but unfortunately it will be closed for maintenance that day. We are setup to play on the Squire with tee times starting at 2:04PM and I have 4 tee times booked back to back. The latest list I have is below, if you want to play and will be around at 2 by all means join us! We will be having a little fun and doing a 2 man better ball game, blind drawing for everyone's partner and foursome. It should be a blast!

One-T
TC
UncleDaddy
Puttin4Bird
Dakotagolfer
Southdakotahack
White Rhino
Dr. Teeth
RxGus
TrueTemper
TrueTemper's dad
CG13
SW FLA

As you can see we have 13 listed, 3 more would fill out the group perfectly so let me know via PM and I'll get you added to the list!

Arrival rounds fees are $40 plus tax as they are not included in the stay and play package.

Thanks for putting it all together! sounds like a blast cant wait to get it started!

if iphones are allowed. Last year we were not allowed to bring cameras or phones on the range due to pre-release gear. I'm not sure what they case will be this year

Dang, i love my mini recorder on my iphone. I can write notes but reading them is another matter lol. Could we sign a confidentiality agreement? I wont take pix, talkabout, etc etc?

As for what equipment to hit - ill definately be starting with my Morgan Cup gear. Id like to get a base idea of what i will be playing for that.
After that: i want to hit the srixon driver and new irons. those things are sweet looking.
CG16 irons and wedges.
maybe some mizuno irons - bc of their super buttery feel and workability LOL. j/k

Honestly i cannot wait! should be a great time - and playing in Florida Weather will be a blast.

have times and course been set for the 2nd round on Sat?

I'm going to hit other stuff too, but I guess I meant to say that I'm going to really focus on narrowing down my Callaway options. With so much equipment around, it will be impossible not to grab other shinny new equipment, but I just think I'll be drawn to the Callaway stuff knowing that I'll be making important equipment selections in the near future.

I'm also really excited to hit lots of different driver shafts. This isn't something you can usually do (at least not easily) at a big box store and it is something that I think makes this demo day unique (among other things obviously). Plus, you won't have to deal with the salesperson who seems annoyed when you keep asking to try different stuff, different shafts, etc. Also, I love hitting off of real grass and seeing ball flight when testing equipment. This is an area where I think the big box stores are REALLY lacking. Hitting off a mat into a net 20 feet away just doesn't do it for me.

Do we know what shafts will be available and with what heads/connections. I would love to try some of the Miyasaki shafts with my R11 driver, bu t I don't think there will be shafts with the TM connector on them.

Do we know what shafts will be available and with what heads/connections. I would love to try some of the Miyasaki shafts with my R11 driver, bu t I don't think there will be shafts with the TM connector on them.

there were multiple Miyazaki shafts last year with TM tips on them. I would think there will be some this year too.

This is the route I am going as far as taking notes, Now I just need to figure out how to organize all the clubs I want to hit.

there were multiple Miyazaki shafts last year with TM tips on them. I would think there will be some this year too.

That would be awesome! I would love to try the Kusala Black in my R11

I just got off the phone with PGA National to setup our Thursday arrival tee times. I was originally shooting for getting us out on the Palmer course but unfortunately it will be closed for maintenance that day. We are setup to play on the Squire with tee times starting at 2:04PM and I have 4 tee times booked back to back. The latest list I have is below, if you want to play and will be around at 2 by all means join us! We will be having a little fun and doing a 2 man better ball game, blind drawing for everyone's partner and foursome. It should be a blast!

One-T
TC
UncleDaddy
Puttin4Bird
Dakotagolfer
Southdakotahack
White Rhino
Dr. Teeth
RxGus
TrueTemper
TrueTemper's dad
CG13
SW FLA

As you can see we have 13 listed, 3 more would fill out the group perfectly so let me know via PM and I'll get you added to the list!

Arrival rounds fees are $40 plus tax as they are not included in the stay and play package.

I would love to join you guys, but I would be cutting it too close to definitely make it by tee time leaving Raleigh NC Wednesday night. Plus, I may just be totally exhausted after the drive. Have fun fellas, and I will meet you in the I-Bar when you finish your round!

I would love to join you guys, but I would be cutting it too close to definitely make it by tee time leaving Raleigh NC Wednesday night. Plus, I may just be totally exhausted after the drive. Have fun fellas, and I will meet you in the I-Bar when you finish your round!
Sounds good buddy, looking forward to it!

Wow this is really getting close. Cant wait to hang out with all the old friends and meet some new ones.

That would be awesome! I would love to try the Kusala Black in my R11

Well if for some reason there that isn't an option you can test mine.

Back