Official Rant of the Day

Why aren’t all shaft adapters like Callaway opti fit? Irritating that make a slight adjustment and grip is wonky so here I run and get a new grip thrown on 😂😂

I am hurting today. neck/shoulder/arm all hurting. I hate this.

I was supposed to be playing outside today. Instead I've got this. I've had enough for this year.
1713874025724.jpeg
1713874188346.jpeg

I had tee times for four days. All got cancelled. First it was the night frost. Then yesterday it started raining sub zero water that froze instantly when it hit the ground. Then I woke up to that crap. And tomorrow I go home for the rest of the week. Booked again for Mon+Tue. So let's hope we move into The Spring of Deception by then.

Torture and hell are too good a fate for the sonsabitches that do identity theft and electronic financial fraud. I a SOOOOOO tired of this stuff

I mean, you basically live at the north pole. Buy red golf balls!
I have some, but the bastards running the courses say that "you can't go out there" and "we don't want to ruin the course". No, seriously, I get it and appreciate that my club wants to not destroy the greens early on in the season. But it blows when I was already dreaming of the rounds.

Not usually big on posting about work related issues since we all have sh** to deal with, but today I'm making an exception as this is both cathartic and difficult... My company is restructuring my department and we're downsizing ~150 positions to outsource to lower cost countries. I had to deliver this message to several team members today and it absolutely sucks to impact people's lives and livelihoods! I'm just sick to my stomach with this impact!

Having a hard time getting around this morning as my back insists on reminding me that I'm old..

Really hating my job this morning... morale is in the toilet as expected and I'm expected to 'rally the troops' what a joke!

Sorry man - I have been on the receiving end of this news, but cannot imagine being the one to try and boost morale - it is very challenging

Really hating my job this morning... morale is in the toilet as expected and I'm expected to 'rally the troops' what a joke!
Buy em pizza!!

In all seriousness, I've been in your shoes and it's never fun. Hoping for the best for you sir.

Buy em pizza!!

In all seriousness, I've been in your shoes and it's never fun. Hoping for the best for you sir.
Yeah, I have a team meeting scheduled for tomorrow... today, the rest of the organization is informed of the layoffs... like they don't know already :rolleyes: News traveled like wildfire yesterday.... Not sure pizza will do the trick, but I'm going to try something.... I know it will take time and people always come around but it absolutely sucks because this restructure isn't saving money... if anything our vendors knew this was coming and they're tightening the screws on us so we're paying more for them to do the work we were paying our full time folks.... its an effort to make earnings look better... moving expense to R&D costs.... the game companies play for wall street!

Yeah, I have a team meeting scheduled for tomorrow... today, the rest of the organization is informed of the layoffs... like they don't know already :rolleyes: News traveled like wildfire yesterday.... Not sure pizza will do the trick, but I'm going to try something.... I know it will take time and people always come around but it absolutely sucks because this restructure isn't saving money... if anything our vendors knew this was coming and they're tightening the screws on us so we're paying more for them to do the work we were paying our full time folks.... its an effort to make earnings look better... moving expense to R&D costs.... the game companies play for wall street!
Ugh sounds terrible! Sorry you're having to go through it man, I've been in your shoes and it's horrid. Best of luck!

No good deed goes unpunished. Community college hosted a blood drive today. I donated. Lady must have thought I was a pin cushion. (n)

No good deed goes unpunished. Community college hosted a blood drive today. I donated. Lady must have thought I was a pin cushion. (n)
I go to mine when they call, I usually have good experiences and it takes more time to do my intake paperwork than to give the blood but yep - every once in a while it happens where they miss a few times, I've luckily never needed to move arms (yet).

I go to mine when they call, I usually have good experiences and it takes more time to do my intake paperwork than to give the blood but yep - every once in a while it happens where they miss a few times, I've luckily never needed to move arms (yet).
I'm a bad person- I refuse to give blood ONLY because the harassment that ensues afterwards. The phone calls, emails, texts are terrible and no matter how many times I've asked to not be called, they continue calling. So I just stopped donating all together after I counted 36 calls or texts in a three week span.

I'm a bad person- I refuse to give blood ONLY because the harassment that ensues afterwards. The phone calls, emails, texts are terrible and no matter how many times I've asked to not be called, they continue calling. So I just stopped donating all together after I counted 36 calls or texts in a three week span.
I'm in a unique position where I work at a place that I can donate and it's covered (as a paid break) so it's been very easy for me to do it. I do agree though that no one wants the spam calls / texts.

Got back from Briggs Ranch to get my butt kicked with a chest cold.
Cold medicine knocking me out.

Shoulder still bothering me. Seems a little better but still frustrating and annoying af.

I work in such a great area.

Two people shot at the carwash across the road yesterday. No suspects or victims there when the police rolled up.

Back