Official Hole In One Thread

2nd career ace today. 177 downwind, hit 7i. Was tracking most of the way but I wasn't sure on distance. Hit about a yard short of the hole and disappeared.

4A2482B1-276B-47DF-A8AC-530C90AD0BDF.jpeg
6F173F0B-5C4D-4074-B8A8-3C567203DD03.jpeg
EAD7DB29-769E-40F5-B70D-542A0BCA2BBC.jpeg

Got another HOI today! This one on #15 at Harpeth Hills here in Nashville. From the senior tees it was playing about 125 or so uphill. Didn't see it go in but it was tracking all the way.
Ball mark was about 2 feet below the hole.
Awesome! Congrats!

@BigDill please pick up the white courtesy phone…

Got another HOI today! This one on #15 at Harpeth Hills here in Nashville. From the senior tees it was playing about 125 or so uphill. Didn't see it go in but it was tracking all the way.
Congratulations!

Congrats!

Congratulations!

I posted this in another thread, but it should probably go here as well for posterity.

Myself, @KMart, @Bernoulli @Parrot and @Master Yagley were playing Anderson Creek in North Carolina as a 5 some. We told the clubhouse that we wouldn’t hold anyone up. But as we all know…

Liar Lie GIF by Fluffy Friends

So we are plugging along, playing a game of wolf that by hole 12 required Yags to use his complex math skills. By this point we have received three personalized messages to allow the groups behind to play thru, despite allowing them to have played thru only to take forever. One guy even stole @Parrot ‘s ball from the fairway.

Thief GIF

We didn’t feel bad though because the greens were really green. Like almost artificially green. Like they were from a painting. Because they were, in fact, painted green.

Decorating Interior Design GIF by HannahWitton

So we get to hole 12, and I laser it to 139. Now it’s usually at this point where everyone else each uses their own laser to verify that it is, in fact, 139 to the middle/front pin, as is THP tradition. But @Bernoulli @Parrot and @Master Yagley were all mathing, so everyone trusted me and my ability to look through golf’s equivalent of a periscope and read three numbers accurately. @KMart is just happy he was able to grab some beers at the turn, so he’s watching me tee off.

Explaining Fran Healy GIF by Travis

I’m the wolf for this hole, so I grab my Aerojet OL PW (aka 10 iron) and get ready to hit. After all, we are trying to pick up the pace. I tee up my Callaway Crome Soft Triple Track and hope for the best, but plan for the worst by aiming 10 yards right of the flag to compensate for the sweeping “draw” that I have been hitting all day. Big time face coming in…

Good Vibes Smile GIF by Yiannimize

Through some combination of luck and grace, I strike the ball well and it gets up in a hurry and begins to draw towards the hole.

Celebrate Orlando City GIF by Major League Soccer

As soon as it comes off the face, @KMart voices his approval and hope that I, for the first time that day, selected the correct club for the intended distance. I retort with derision. And then I see the ball land right before the hole. Like the hand of God dropped it from the heavens with the grace of a Lee Trevino putt.

200.gif

As I see it land, it rolls right towards the hole. And then *poof*, it disappears. @KMart tells me it went in the cup. I say I’m not sure, but in fact I’m pretty sure he’s right. If Instagram was real life, this would be the part that I run like an idiot towards the hole, and everyone behind me yells and chases me like I just escaped from Alcatraz. But since this is actual real life, none of that happened. @KMart fiat bumps me annd politely informs the group that is STILL MATHING that I may have hit a hole in one. Mind you, there is a dollar a hole on the line, so I understand the importance of their discussion.

Nbc Guys GIF by Superstore

Everyone tees off, and then we go to the green. I walk up and find my ball in the bottom of the cup. It’s at this moment that I feel an overwhelming sense of relief. Not because the ball was in the hole, but because I spent the money on a quality golf ball and I won’t have to look at a Nitro on my shelf for the rest of my life. By this point @Master Yagley is more excited than I am. He’s stoked. I’m in shock. @Bernoulli wants to hit his chip. We take some pictures.

IMG_1757.jpeg

This was probably the most subdued hole in one in the history of golf. We just went on with our grind of a day to finish the round. It was an awesome moment, but with the weight of the Morgan Cup approaching we were focused on other things. But it was in unforgettable experience, and something that I am pinching myself about to this day.

Last edited:
I posted this in another thread, but it should probably go here as well for posterity.

Myself, @KMart, @Bernoulli @Parrot and @Master Yagley were playing Anderson Creek in North Carolina as a 5 some. We told the clubhouse that we wouldn’t hold anyone up. But as we all know…

So we are plugging along, playing a game of wolf that by hole 12 required Yags to use his complex math skills. By this point we have received three personalized messages to allow the groups behind to play thru, despite allowing them to have played thru only to take forever. One guy even stole @Parrot ‘s ball from the fairway.

Thief GIF

We didn’t feel bad though because the greens were really green. Like almost artificially green. Like they were from a painting. Because they were, in fact, painted green.

So we get to hole 12, and I laser it to 139. Now it’s usually at this point where everyone else each uses their own laser to verify that it is, in fact, 139 to the middle/front pin, as is THP tradition. But @Bernoulli @Parrot and @Master Yagley were all mathing, so everyone trusted me and my ability to look through golf’s equivalent of a periscope and read three numbers accurately. @KMart is just happy he was able to grab some beers at the turn, so he’s watching me tee off.

I’m the wolf for this hole, so I grab my Aerojet OL PW (aka 10 iron) and get ready to hit. After all, we are trying to pick up the pace. I tee up my Callaway Crome Soft Triple Track and hope for the best, but plan for the worst by aiming 10 yards right of the flag to compensate for the sweeping “draw” that I have been hitting all day. Big time face coming in…

Through some combination of luck and grace, I strike the ball well and it gets up in a hurry and begins to draw towards the hole.

As soon as it comes off the face, @KMart voices his approval and hope that I, for the first time that day, selected the correct club for the intended distance. I retort with derision. And then I see the ball land right before the hole. Like the hand of God dropped it from the heavens with the grace of a Lee Trevino putt.

200.gif

As I see it land, it rolls right towards the hole. And then *poof*, it disappears. @KMart tells me it went in the cup. I say I’m not sure, but in fact I’m pretty sure he’s right. If Instagram was real life, this would be the part that I run like an idiot towards the hole, and everyone behind me yells and chases me like I just escaped from Alcatraz. But since this is actual real life, none of that happened. @KMart fiat bumps me annd politely informs the group that is STILL MATHING that I may have hit a hole in one. Mind you, there is a dollar a hole on the line, so I understand the importance of their discussion.

Everyone tees off, and then we go to the green. I walk up and find my ball in the bottom of the cup. It’s at this moment that I feel an overwhelming sense of relief. Not because the ball was in the hole, but because I spent the money on a quality golf ball and I won’t have to look at a Nitro on my shelf for the rest of my life. By this point @Master Yagley is more excited than I am. He’s stoked. I’m in shock. @Bernoulli wants to hit his chip. We take some pictures.

View attachment 9218513

This was probably the most subdued hole in one in the history of golf. We just went on with our grind of a day to finish the round. It was an awesome moment, but with the weight of the Morgan Cup approaching we were focused on other things. But it was in unforgettable experience, and something that I am pinching myself about to this day.
Such an incredible moment. I’ll remember it forever.

And by the way, the soles of the golf shoes I wore for the round that day are now green.

Last edited:

Thief GIF

200.gif

View attachment 9218513

Congratulations again on your hole in one, and there's probably no freaking cooler story to be told anywhere in golf than to make a hole in one while playing with the guy who designed the club you made the hole in one with!

Congratulations again on your hole in one, and there's probably no freaking cooler story to be told anywhere in golf than to make a hole in one while playing with the guy who designed the club you made the hole in one with!
I agree! It’s surreal.

I have 4 aces. It has to involve a lot of luck. Our head pro, who is a very fine player, does not have one.

I have two......the first about 10 years ago. Five wood, about 200 yards downhill.....when I hit it, I told my partner, "That's the best shot I've hit all day!" I never saw it go in b/c the green was in the early morning shadows. Hunted all around the green, then walked up to the hole, and there it was!!

The second was two years ago. It a 9 iron.....I pulled the shot a little but it hit a mound on the edge of the green and bounced towards the hole. The mound blocked my view of the bottom of the flagstick, so once again I didn't see the ball go in. Walked all around the green (again!) then found the ball in the hole.

Two aces, and I wonder if I'm the ONLY golfer who hasn't seen either one of his HIO's go in...!!!

Last edited:
I have two......the first about 10 years ago. Five wood, about 200 yards downhill.....when I hit it, I told my partner, "That's the best shot I've hit all day!" I never saw it go in b/c the green was in the early morning shadows. Hunted all around the green, then walked up to the hole, and there it was!!

The second was two years ago. It a 9 iron.....I pulled the shot a little but it hit a mound on the edge of the green and bounced towards the hole. The mound blocked my view of the bottom of the flagstick, so once again I didn't see the ball go in. Walked all around the green (again!) then found the ball in the hole.

Two aces, and I wonder if I'm the ONLY golfer who hasn't seen either one of his HIO's go in...!!!
My first was on a mountain course and went straight up to an elevated green. There were six of us watching from the tee (they let us play as a 5-some plus we had one other guy they let ride along as he was trying to get acquainted with the game). Phil, who was the farthest to the right on the tee box is the only one who had an angle to see it go in. The rest of the round the joke was that the guy that came out with us was going to think HIOs happen all the time.

Back