Official Golfing Weather Thread

Hello, sir.

Matthew (now 23 years old by the way) has the golf bug, and I got it bad again as well. Hot AF today, but got in 18 and it was glorious.

Playing 9 at 4 pm tomorrow.
Screenshot_20230620_211808_Wunderground.jpg

That tee time Thursday afternoon is looking unlikely. Going off at 8:58 Saturday will have us off the course before it gets bad.

IMG_2126.png

I'm 73 and I can play in the heat much better than when the course is very wet. Obviously, if it's over 100*, I have to be very careful. However I find hot weather helps all my ailments. My knees and my shoulder don't hurt as much. Also as someone who is fairly short off the tee, dry hot fairways really help me score.

We’re finally getting the typical sunny, 73° weather that we are used to, but haven’t seen for many months. I hope to get some rounds in before the next heat wave.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12th hole yesterday and an absolute deluge came. Greens looked like a River Ran Through It. Soaked and 1st day of 4 straight days playing and everything was soaked. Nice...

😢. it is officially the season where I need to post in the Rant thread about the weather.

111 degrees as I look out my window right now.

We’re getting our normal summer weather which IMO is just about perfect whether it’s golf or boating.

IMG_3379.jpeg

Thunderstorm, lots of rain, and hail right now. Would imagine courses are pretty wet tomorrow.

Its ok. I need a break to reset things.

* Summer has joined the chat *

WX0629.png

Out here in Southern Nevada, they say today will be our first, official triple digits day this year. 103 degrees they say. 110+/- for the rest of the weekend.

We went 295 days without officially hitting triple digits. A new record for the area. Old record in 1965 was 290 days.

So from now, until the end of August, maybe a couple weeks in September, if you're coming to Vegas for a visit, bring your own shade. 🤣

Weather for today as of 5:00 am. 91° was our overnight low. 🔥

Wx0500.png

Anybody up for a round this week? Come on down!

WXWeek.png

I'll pass today.

1689877909710.png

Click here for hazard details and duration
Excessive Heat Warning

• NOW until
    10:00pm Fri
    DualImage.php

Excessive Heat Warning
  • Today

Today: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 5pm.  Increasing clouds and hot, with a high near 112. South southeast wind 5 to 14 mph becoming west northwest in the afternoon.

Sunny then
    Chance
    T-storms
    High: 112 °F
  • Tonight

Tonight: A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 8pm.  Mostly cloudy, with a low around 80. West wind 5 to 15 mph becoming east southeast after midnight.

Chance
    T-storms then
    Partly Cloudy
    Low: 80 °F
  • Thursday

Thursday: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 11am.  Mostly sunny and hot, with a high near 109. South southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west northwest 13 to 18 mph in the afternoon.

Chance
    T-storms
    High: 109 °F
  • Thursday
    Night
    Thursday Night: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 11pm.  Mostly cloudy, with a low around 80. West northwest wind 10 to 15 mph becoming light and variable  after midnight.

Chance
    T-storms
    Low: 80 °F
  • Friday

Friday: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 11am.  Partly sunny and hot, with a high near 108. Light and variable wind becoming northwest 12 to 17 mph in the morning.

Chance
    T-storms
    High: 108 °F
  • Friday
    Night
    Friday Night: Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 11pm, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 11pm.  Mostly cloudy, with a low around 79. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Showers
    Likely then
    Chance
    T-storms
    Low: 79 °F
  • Saturday

Saturday: A slight chance of showers, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 11am.  Partly sunny and hot, with a high near 106. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Showers
    Likely
    High: 106 °F
  • Saturday
    Night
    Saturday Night: Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 11pm, then a chance of showers.  Mostly cloudy, with a low around 76. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Showers
    Likely then
    Chance
    Showers
    Low: 76 °F

Been waiting to golf a mountain course for the last 3 months and the forecast is for thunderstorms all afternoon. :rolleyes:

Anybody up for a round this week? Come on down!

View attachment 9193358

People here in MN are freaking out that we will have 3 or 4 days above 90 degrees this week. :LOL: My parents had a place in Sun City Grand for a decade and I played a couple dozen rounds during July down there when it was over 110º. It wasn't that bad. :)

Before anyone says this is unprecedented, you can relax because it's not. The 1930's and 1950's were hotter and for longer spells than it is this summer.

Screen Shot 2023-07-25 at 6.10.46 PM.png

My next round is Sunday morning. With Sunday's high forecasted to be 77 with a low of 59. it's going to feel a little chilly. :LOL:

Geez it has gotten hot out. Hydrate properly if you are playing in this heat!!

Back