Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Jailbird mini ch 🤔

Always pondering drivers. Currently playing a Callaway Epic Flash with a Project X Evenflow Green shaft. It is working well but wondering if the newer stuff is any better.

Driver, 3W, Apex UW, putter….all set for 24.

After that, I have nothing but ponders.

Driver, 3W, Apex UW, putter….all set for 24.

After that, I have nothing but ponders.
There's always wedges...

#WPF

There's always wedges...

#WPF
Big ponders there, I’ve got SM10’s, T24’s, and 159’s here and what was in the bag this week? Year old Callaway wedges.

I’ve got all the options, and no decisiveness.

Big ponders there, I’ve got SM10’s, T24’s, and 159’s here and what was in the bag this week? Year old Callaway wedges.

I have been having wedges fits and frustrations for going on 2 years.. Right now I have T24 and I like them.

After Off Course this morning...All-In and that LIN-Q proto driver shaft that was hinted about. After adding the Darts, only feel right to go all UST!

I have been having wedges fits and frustrations for going on 2 years.. Right now I have T24 and I like them.
I don’t not like them, I just don’t know that they’re the ones.

Plus, I only have a 54/58, and the 11i is not making the bag for the season if the Callaway stay in, so, gotta have a GW. I’m not buying any more wedges.

I don’t not like them, I just don’t know that they’re the ones.

Plus, I only have a 54/58, and the 11i is not making the bag for the season if the Callaway stay in, so, gotta have a GW. I’m not buying any more wedges.
I like them in the 54 and 58.. I have the 50 and I am not as convinced in that spot.. You know.. The more I try wedges the more I wonder why I just dont always play cleveland wedges. lol..

I don't believe you that your putter is set.....
You’re mistaken then.

I played the same putter for almost two years. Committing isn’t an issue, and I’ve got witnesses to the Jailbird Mini on the course for me.

You’re mistaken then.

I played the same putter for almost two years. Committing isn’t an issue, and I’ve got witnesses to the Jailbird Mini on the course for me.
Oh I know and that's why it's hard for me to believe- that the putter you had great success with has been unseated by the JB mini.

After Off Course this morning...All-In and that LIN-Q proto driver shaft that was hinted about. After adding the Darts, only feel right to go all UST!
You and me both. I've swung it too.

Oh I know and that's why it's hard for me to believe- that the putter you had great success with has been unseated by the JB mini.
The EAS will not be back in the bag, it likely won’t see the course at all in ‘24, it’s going to enjoy retirement in one of the staff bags.

It let me know what works for me fitting wise, and it’s let me know how to work with my aim bias, so it’s done its job and made a lot of putts. Time for retirement and a little dust haha

The EAS will not be back in the bag, it likely won’t see the course at all in ‘24, it’s going to enjoy retirement in one of the staff bags.

It let me know what works for me fitting wise, and it’s let me know how to work with my aim bias, so it’s done its job and made a lot of putts. Time for retirement and a little dust haha
That's great news sir- love hearing it!

Snake Bite RAW

Snake Bite RAW
I'm not paying 20 bucks more per wedge for a raw finish. As much as I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally want more Cobra in the bag.

I'm not paying 20 bucks more per wedge for a raw finish. As much as I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally want more Cobra in the bag.
Still less expensive than a SM10 🤷‍♂️ and SM10 Raw is $225 which is more expensive than regular ones

I am smitten with the ai smoke max driver, but want to do a head to head with a few others before I buy. With the ai smoke I am enjoying a little shaft exploration. So far I have hit the Denali, GD AD VF, Ventus Black, Ventus TR blue, and Ventus TR red. I currently play the Ventus black, and was surprised that spin stayed reasonable with the TR red; just launched a little higher. As for ai smoke competitors, I need to put more time in again with the qi10. I also liked the Ping G430 10k Max, but it is a bit too spinny for me. Lofting down the 8° helps.

Really looking at the askecho golf bags. Need a new bag this year. I've have had the Sunmountain C-130 for my last 2 bags.

Still less expensive than a SM10 🤷‍♂️ and SM10 Raw is $225 which is more expensive than regular ones
Unless someone already has 2 correct grinds in the SM10's and just needs to swap the LW hahaha

LIN-Q Red 7F5
All In
Jailbird mini
Spider
Fairway woods

Irons.

Because I just don’t have THAT feeling about what I currently have apparently.

Irons.

Because I just don’t have THAT feeling about what I currently have apparently.
Welcome to my world.

I think the only changes to the bag this year will be driver and 2 wedges. I think I will order SM10 60M and 54S. I am tempted by the 60T, but the SM8 58M has served me well. Driver is more complicated. AI smoke max is the leading choice, but I want to explore a little more before I pull the trigger.

Back