Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
pondering throwing a spinner shaft in my trusty rusty. Just seems like work though

pondering throwing a spinner shaft in my trusty rusty. Just seems like work though

It's easy work. I've got a couple reshaft jobs lined up this weekend.

I've been thinking about something a little more butt stiff in the X-Hot, just to see what I get for ball flight. I hit that thing right on the edge and there are times I'd like it down a little.

F1 is a pretty stout shaft in the hydrid I thought. F3 felt good in the Fister to me.

It's not that I don't like the White Tie. I am still having problems getting the ball to stop going right. With the F1 65g I have hit, no problems at all.

It's not that I don't like the White Tie. I am still having problems getting the ball to stop going right. With the F1 65g I have hit, no problems at all.

Hell, I love the White Tie. I'm just not destined for monagamy it seems.

I have a friend considering himself upgrading from the R11, to an R1, thinks switching plus going from stiff to regular will give him distance. He's a newbie. Makes me sad, he's never shot under 120 in his life, but since a friend of mine just got a Black R1, and I won the Optiforce, he feels like he has to keep up with the jonses.

NOW, i'm under the consideration of the Hex Chrome vs Srixon. I feel like I hit the Srixon better, but it could be all mental.

I have a friend considering himself upgrading from the R11, to an R1, thinks switching plus going from stiff to regular will give him distance. He's a newbie. Makes me sad, he's never shot under 120 in his life, but since a friend of mine just got a Black R1, and I won the Optiforce, he feels like he has to keep up with the jonses.

NOW, i'm under the consideration of the Hex Chrome vs Srixon. I feel like I hit the Srixon better, but it could be all mental.

Have him hit some balls on the sim at a store. He should see if it's better or not pretty quickly.

SLDR and Optiforce. Edge to the SLDR and thats the first time I can say that about a TM driver since the SuperTri.

Neither will happen or can happen, but a guy can by gosh ponder it.

Are you usually a high spin guy James?

Are you usually a high spin guy James?

Mid-high, I know the SLDR is LOW, but the shaft options are still there to tune it in. I want to hit it in a bad way.

I hope they make another version that is Hawk friendly. It's got a lot going for it.

I will say, I've hit the SLDR, and while I like it. I lean Callaway on most things. I happen to like the sound of the R1 more than the SLDR, which seems silly and a shallow reason to swing one way or another between the two. I will say the SLDR is much more weighted toward the face, and that's a good feeling.

It's easy work. I've got a couple reshaft jobs lined up this weekend.

you are right, it's really not. I have them installed in my old XFT wedges so I can easily just pull the heads off one of those and install it in the TR. I have some re-gripping to do tonight. Perhaps I shall just tack this on.

I hope they make another version that is Hawk friendly. It's got a lot going for it.

I bet that in February of next year, that will be the case. That's just a hunch, not based on any inside knowledge.

SLDR and Optiforce. Edge to the SLDR and thats the first time I can say that about a TM driver since the SuperTri.

Neither will happen or can happen, but a guy can by gosh ponder it.

I want to hit both of them due to the curiosity factor, but I doubt that I'd bag either one. I just love the look and feel of my current driver.

I will say, I've hit the SLDR, and while I like it. I lean Callaway on most things. I happen to like the sound of the R1 more than the SLDR, which seems silly and a shallow reason to swing one way or another between the two. I will say the SLDR is much more weighted toward the face, and that's a good feeling.

You may be the only person that has ever or will ever say that lol.

you are right, it's really not. I have them installed in my old XFT wedges so I can easily just pull the heads off one of those and install it in the TR. I have some re-gripping to do tonight. Perhaps I shall just tack this on.

10 minutes max.

A bit of an old TM throwback sound and the sweet crown color have me hook line and sinker. I need to hit it. I know I'll get to at the TM event, but I was honestly one that was stoked when we thought we'd be being fit for it. Me wanting to get some more TM in my life is a BIG deal as it has been a LONG time.

R1, to me, sounds like a toaster attached to a broomhandle. Nooooo bueno to these ears.

I bet that in February of next year, that will be the case. That's just a hunch, not based on any inside knowledge.

I want to hit both of them due to the curiosity factor, but I doubt that I'd bag either one. I just love the look and feel of my current driver.

I hope so. I wanted so badly to like that driver. It made me sad every time I swung it.

Went to my local pro shop to hit some new clubs. Wish I had some extra cash cause I would've remodeled alot of my bag.
First off, I hit drivers. All set at 9.5, stiff shafts, I hit the R1, SLDR, & both the tour and regular Covert. I have never had much luck with TaylorMade drivers but holy ****. I started off hitting my current sasquatch as always, 280 & a little right to left. With both the R1 & SLDR I gained about 20-40 yards per drive, with about the exact same ball flight. I hit the Nike Tour Covert about the same as my current nike, but the regular Covert 20 yards further. Really liked all the clubs but the Covert will probably wind up in the bag now that it's 199.
While there, I noticed 3 wedges in the used clubs bag. Mack Daddy 2's! Bought them, now have 52,56,60 Callaway MD2's in the bag. Only set me back 180! LOVE BARGAINS!
Finally got a chance to roll it with a few new putters. They only had the 34 inch TANK but even the weight of that was nice. Really want to trial a 38". They just recently got SeeMore in store. I should've looked better at the model, but I did like the don't see the red dot idea.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

There's a Golf Headquarters that has some individual demo irons that they don't use anymore for $10 each. Thinking about picking up a Nike Forged MB that they had to work on my ball striking on the range.

#WPF - My rac TP wedges are old. Like, freakin hella old. They were new in like '06. I've been clinging to them but I think it may finally be time to find replacements.
The wedge I've liked the most in trying a few is the Adams M. Puglielli - any other suggestions similar to this or my rac TP?

Also saw the Adams DHy on the rack at the course the other day, set off my ponder of that in a 4 iron loft (24*) - such a great club.

#WPF - My rac TP wedges are old. Like, freakin hella old. They were new in like '06. I've been clinging to them but I think it may finally be time to find replacements.
The wedge I've liked the most in trying a few is the Adams M. Puglielli - any other suggestions similar to this or my rac TP?

Also saw the Adams DHy on the rack at the course the other day, set off my ponder of that in a 4 iron loft (24*) - such a great club.

Thank you for joggin my memory. I had forgotten about the DHy... Now pondering a 27˚ stiff to mess about with.

Thanks Hawk. How do you guys figure which grind to do where?

There's a Golf Headquarters that has some individual demo irons that they don't use anymore for $10 each. Thinking about picking up a Nike Forged MB that they had to work on my ball striking on the range.

That's awesome!!!! If not for practice, for shaft demo'ing or seeing flight on the open range!

Thanks Hawk. How do you guys figure which grind to do where?

For me, it was a lot of reading/watching videos on their site and then looking at how I play and what type of conditions I normally see.

We are sort of on the edge here, where it's soft part of the year and firm part of the year and usually sort of extreme on both sides.

My 588's are basically a 'full grind'. Standard sole. That was my starting point.

I looked at my lob wedge (57) and know that (in addition to pitch shots and partial swings) I open it up around the green and in the bunker. Also, that I don't like a ton of bounce for my conditions. Could have gone with just the heel grind, but I figured heel/toe wouldn't be a bad alternative and gave me a little more versatility, which I've actually used to my advantage already.

53 is very similar to my lob in how it's used, just farther away. Went with the same grind there.

49 is mainly a pitching and partial swing club for me. Sometimes for chipping. Don't really open it up and I like less bounce to keep the leading edge low. I was going to just go full grind, since I'm already comfy with it, but the shelf grind is just a little bit more of a bounce killer and was free. So far, not 100% on whether I like that more, less, or the same. Haven't used it much yet though.

Hell, I love the White Tie. I'm just not destined for monagamy it seems.

You've made too many promises already, Sir.

B Asha? (That's my usual shaft answer, btw...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back