Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I've been kind of quiet about my new Scors. Just really can't put them through the paces during the Morgan Cup process. I will say this though. Whatever KBS shaft comes stock with them, it spins really nicely. Anyone who has played with me will attest that on full shots I generally don't get much spin. Not sure why, I just don't. But with these I seem to be getting a lot more hop and stop.
Thats good to hear Chunky. I'm still waiting for the scor's to be released in lefty cause the pre-release models that I hit were freaking nice. I am in full ponder mode on 50, and 54* ATV wedges with KBS Hi-Rev shafts.

Well I've been kind of quiet about my new Scors. Just really can't put them through the paces during the Morgan Cup process. I will say this though. Whatever KBS shaft comes stock with them, it spins really nicely. Anyone who has played with me will attest that on full shots I generally don't get much spin. Not sure why, I just don't. But with these I seem to be getting a lot more hop and stop.

Yep, I see similar spin with the Scor wedges as I do with my current wedges with the spinners in then. In my experience with them, the Scors flight the ball low and get you that nice hop and stop around the greens.

I think the ATVs with Hir-rev shafts would be awesome. I seeing tons of spin with the KBS Tour wedge shafts. There is definitely an adjustment period, as a couple shots I hit yesterday looked to be perfect until they spun to a halt much sooner than I expected.

I think the ATVs with Hir-rev shafts would be awesome. I seeing tons of spin with the KBS Tour wedge shafts. There is definitely an adjustment period, as a couple shots I hit yesterday looked to be perfect until they spun to a halt much sooner than I expected.

Well, I think one thing is for certain. This ATV wedge testing seems to be building up to a pretty dang important testing, as I am seeing a LOT of people itching to know more about them and what they find out will sway their decision one way or the other. If the ATV wedge testing goes as well as some of the initial thoughts people have posted, there may be a rush of THP'ers filling their bags with the ATV wedge.

Mosied on over to the Clicgear site to rewatch the video on how to fold/unfold this beast. Crazy pondering some accesories. The offset gps holder is a must. The hydrapak looks awesome. And man they have a line of bags coming out that look incredible!

Well, I think one thing is for certain. This ATV wedge testing seems to be building up to a pretty dang important testing, as I am seeing a LOT of people itching to know more about them and what they find out will sway their decision one way or the other. If the ATV wedge testing goes as well as some of the initial thoughts people have posted, there may be a rush of THP'ers filling their bags with the ATV wedge.

Exactly.. Thats why i have stopped the search for some 588's.. I can not wait to hear how these are liked

How do you guys determine whether you have too much spin or not enough? LM? Balls backing up on the green? I only ask because it seems to me that spin has a lot to do with technique and (at least in my experience) how soft and well watered the greens are.

Edit: since this is the pondering thread, I'm pondering what wedge shaft to go with, hence the question.

How do you guys determine whether you have too much spin or not enough? LM? Balls backing up on the green? I only ask because it seems to me that spin has a lot to do with technique and (at least in my experience) how soft and well watered the greens are.

Edit: since this is the pondering thread, I'm pondering what wedge shaft to go with, hence the question.

A lot of it does have to do with technique. I am not a high spin player at all, meaning that my swing with a wedge does not usually generate a large amount of spin. Put a spinner type shaft in my wedge, and what little spin I do impart in the ball is increased and gives me the spin I want.

You're right about the greens, if you are hitting to a soft/mushy green, spin will be much easier to come by.

Exactly.. Thats why i have stopped the search for some 588's.. I can not wait to hear how these are liked

That's not to marginalize other testing we have done here, but since I have been here, the buzz of the ATV's and the i20's, have been two of the most built up and biggest potential mood swingers I have seen. I know the i20's ended up in quite a few bags, after testing had begun and feedback started trickling in. I see the ATV testing shaping up much the same way.

That's not to marginalize other testing we have done here, but since I have been here, the buzz of the ATV's and the i20's, have been two of the most built up and biggest potential mood swingers I have seen. I know the i20's ended up in quite a few bags, after testing had begun and feedback started trickling in. I see the ATV testing shaping up much the same way.

I think the R11 iron testing was HUGE. those things were going in bags faster than I have ever seen!

I think the R11 iron testing was HUGE. those things were going in bags faster than I have ever seen!

I don't think I was here for that then. I think that started a month or two before I joined, if I remember right. But yeah, there were a bunch of people bagging R11's when I got here.

I'm pondering going back to green bay and trying to talk the shop owner into just selling me that Ping i15 driver I was hitting on Friday.

A lot of it does have to do with technique. I am not a high spin player at all, meaning that my swing with a wedge does not usually generate a large amount of spin. Put a spinner type shaft in my wedge, and what little spin I do impart in the ball is increased and gives me the spin I want.

You're right about the greens, if you are hitting to a soft/mushy green, spin will be much easier to come by.

So, did you find that out on a launch monitor or by gauging spin by how the ball checks, and etc?

Its pretty cool to see things ramp up like the i20's and ATV wedges. I remember hitting the i20 7 iron during the RBZ launch at midnight and thinking WOW what a great feeling iron. War Eagle. Now look at that testing thread and all the new people coming in there for first post.

Its pretty cool to see things ramp up like the i20's and ATV wedges. I remember hitting the i20 7 iron during the RBZ launch at midnight and thinking WOW what a great feeling iron. War Eagle. Now look at that testing thread and all the new people coming in there for first post.

Yeah dude, the i20s could be the hottest iron I've seen in a while, people are loving them and seeing some awesome results with them. I really wish they worked for me, but I just can't hit them for anything.

So, did you find that out on a launch monitor or by gauging spin by how the ball checks, and etc?

Just by seeing results on how the ball reacts on the green.

Just by seeing results on how the ball reacts on the green.

Ah, thanks. I've thought of trying a wedge on an LM, but I'd probably put a hole in the ceiling if I tried it indoors.

Ah, thanks. I've thought of trying a wedge on an LM, but I'd probably put a hole in the ceiling if I tried it indoors.

Hitting a wedge off a mat just doesn't seem like it would give me the kind of numbers that I see on a course. There are so many variable when hitting a wedge, that trying one on a LM would be difficult...I think.

Hitting a wedge off a mat just doesn't seem like it would give me the kind of numbers that I see on a course. There are so many variable when hitting a wedge, that trying one on a LM would be difficult...I think.

I think you're right. hard numbers would be nice though.

Miyazaki Indigo.

Also why I strayed from the 330rx with the 330s. I don't need more spin to accentuate my fade.

I need a 9i to the head right now methinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miyazaki Indigo.

Also why I strayed from the 330rx with the 330s. I don't need more spin to accentuate my fade.

I need a 9i to the head right now methinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you pondering a fling with another driver after the weekend?

I think you and I were howling about them for months before we got them. God I love those irons

I think you and I were howling about them for months before we got them. God I love those irons

Yeah I think it was either you or me that hit them first and finally we got the FLTC to go hit them.

Mosied on over to the Clicgear site to rewatch the video on how to fold/unfold this beast. Crazy pondering some accesories. The offset gps holder is a must. The hydrapak looks awesome. And man they have a line of bags coming out that look incredible!

I saw those bags on the site....they really looked cool!

Yeah I think it was either you or me that hit them first and finally we got the FLTC to go hit them.

Haha we squawk. FLTC got the needle moving!

Rusty they really look awesome. I'm pondering the black/lime and then getting the lime wheels. Would look sweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back