Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that is why I had so much success while hitting full 56*'s with the ATV at my demo day. If I person wanted to up the spin, go to an X flex, over a S? Correct?

I think that would reduce the spin.

From what I understand (a video I saw while back) having a softer shaft would give you more spin, i'm to sure on that I have a S flex on mine and I have so much more spin than I did with my Vokey/project X 5.5 that I had before.

Interesting. Because that is the exact polar opposite of what I read a bit ago.

Interesting. Because that is the exact polar opposite of what I read a bit ago.

Yeah I guess it's all due to personal feel maybe in your case you find better performance for you with the x stiff. I also had a DG x100 on my 60 wedge and couldn't get enough spin with them and then I changed to the s300 and got more spin. But I guess it could have just been my results hah

Yeah I guess it's all due to personal feel maybe in your case you find better performance for you with the x stiff. I also had a DG x100 on my 60 wedge and couldn't get enough spin with them and then I changed to the s300 and got more spin. But I guess it could have just been my results hah

What I read was a process called "Tiger Stepping" a wedge. Debate the name all you wish (like anything with Tiger's name attached gets debated, lol), but essentially it was taking an 8 iron shaft that is a full flex stronger and cutting it down to a wedge shaft and that supposedly increases your spin, while lowering your launch. I would post the write up, buts its on another site that will remain nameless here.

The example they used was PX Non Flighted 5.5's is what they play in their irons now. Taking PX Non Flighted 6.5 8 iron shafts, cutting them down to wedge shafts, and they saw increased spin and lower trajectory.

What I read was a process called "Tiger Stepping" a wedge. Debate the name all you wish (like anything with Tiger's name attached gets debated, lol), but essentially it was taking an 8 iron shaft that is a full flex stronger and cutting it down to a wedge shaft and that supposedly increases your spin, while lowering your launch. I would post the write up, buts its on another site that will remain nameless here.

The example they used was PX Non Flighted 5.5's is what they play in their irons now. Taking PX Non Flighted 6.5 8 iron shafts, cutting them down to wedge shafts, and they saw increased spin and lower trajectory.

You know what I also read that a while back it's really interesting and I would love to try that

You know what I also read that a while back it's really interesting and I would love to try that

My wedge game sucks to high hell, so at this point, I am just throwing spaghetti at the wall, hoping something will stick. HA!

My wedge game sucks to high hell, so at this point, I am just throwing spaghetti at the wall, hoping something will stick. HA!

Yeah me too. I got lucky with my xFTs and the KBS tour shafts and my game has improve but the wedge work still lacks haha.

I haven't had a ton of time with them, but I'm loving my move to heavier iron shafts so far. I feel like my iron game is much more crisp now.

Look at you. You make me proud.

I take partial credit for your putter ho'ing prowess. I do.

You're my boy blue!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i wish you took partial credit for my payments on said putters! lol yeah you really warned me and then sent me to pandoras box and i opened it and havn't looked back... ive learned so much since then. Thanks again for your "help" lol

I'm no shaft expert, but I believe that's what the DG spinner shaft offers.

I'm no shaft expert, but I believe that's what the DG spinner shaft offers.

DG spinner shafts offer a slightly lower ball flight for me with a very noticeable spin increase. Switching them out in my wedges as we speak.

Anybody game KBS Tour's (Not the Hi-Revs or KBS Wedge) in their wedges? I am secretly wondering if that is why I liked the ATV wedge so well and felt better with it when I was hitting full shots, that anything I have now.

I can't prove it, but I too suspect the KBS Tour Wedge shaft is a primary component of the great feel from those KBS wedges. If I don't switch to the ATV, I will likely get my Vokeys re-shafted.

And totaly non-sequitor, but I am now pondering Cleveland Black FWs. I don't know why, exactly, I just think I could hit them a little longer than my current Mizunos. There is a Cleveland demo day at my club on Friday, so look out!!

really pondering some club building equipment. i think i also might try to get a apprenticeship with this guy who has a good business building clubs near my house. think i could learn a lot.

really pondering some club building equipment. i think i also might try to get a apprenticeship with this guy who has a good business building clubs near my house. think i could learn a lot.

I think that would be awesome! I am not sure if I would want to get into full scale club building, but as an on the side project and a way to make some extra cash. Adjust loft and lies, reshafting, regripping, etc.

Wedges, pondering wedges. Just time for an upgrade. Whatever wedge I end up gaming, will definitely have Spinners in them. Have been gaming my old Callaway Jaws wedges that I put some Spinners in and it has helped me short game immensely.

Wedges, pondering wedges. Just time for an upgrade. Whatever wedge I end up gaming, will definitely have Spinners in them. Have been gaming my old Callaway Jaws wedges that I put some Spinners in and it has helped me short game immensely.

588s with spinners just seem fantastic. I don't have em in mine, but thinking about taking my 54 and 58 next weekend to have em installed.

J40's WE, got to love when Spinners are the stock option.

J40's WE, got to love when Spinners are the stock option.
Very high on my ponder list bro. Demo'd them for the weekend at the Outing and loved them.

Right there with ya, dude. Spinners are why the MP-T11's are on the list. But, I liked the feel of the ATV with the KBS Tour (just want to know more about what kind of spin people are getting out of them, though I am not a huge spinner of the ball). And since I will probably have an abundance of Callaway $50 gift cards soon, I added the Cally 2012 Forged to the list (the gift cards and they would look sexy sharing a bag with the Razr X Forged).

Very high on my ponder list bro. Demo'd them for the weekend at the Outing and loved them.

I can't wait to get my hands on them. I had some Bridgestone West Coast wedges a few years ago and still miss them a little. Had some spinners in the Mizuno wedges I was playing last year and miss that shaft as well.

Right there with ya, dude. Spinners are why the MP-T11's are on the list. But, I liked the feel of the ATV with the KBS Tour (just want to know more about what kind of spin people are getting out of them, though I am not a huge spinner of the ball). And since I will probably have an abundance of Callaway $50 gift cards soon, I added the Cally 2012 Forged to the list (the gift cards and they would look sexy sharing a bag with the Razr X Forged).
I believe I have seen where you can get a shaft upgrade to the KBS HiRev in the ATVs?

I really wish I liked the Cally Forged wedges, they just werent for me though. Best looking wedge out on the market, IMO, but just didnt give me the results I wanted.

I believe I have seen where you can get a shaft upgrade to the KBS HiRev in the ATVs?

I really wish I liked the Cally Forged wedges, they just werent for me though. Best looking wedge out on the market, IMO, but just didnt give me the results I wanted.

Ary posted a link the other day in the ATV Everything You Need To Know thread. Global Golf offers the Hi-Rev as a no cost upgrade. I figure whichever way I go, I will wish I had went in another direction by at least a month later. LOL.

Well I've been kind of quiet about my new Scors. Just really can't put them through the paces during the Morgan Cup process. I will say this though. Whatever KBS shaft comes stock with them, it spins really nicely. Anyone who has played with me will attest that on full shots I generally don't get much spin. Not sure why, I just don't. But with these I seem to be getting a lot more hop and stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back